Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

You're No Noob!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 28, 2009
haha honestly no one a noob i just ignore them and say nothing or i like to say "I a noob and i proud of it." or sometimes i say "I know NOOB POWER!" lol then they get mad and leave and its that easy

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
trickster201 wrote:
gegr wrote:
RenesmeeCullenCuti... wrote:
Hi, I'm Renny :3 (Not my real name, just a shorter version of an annoyingly long Username) And I've noticed an increase in bullies on W101. Chances are, you have too! But what to do about it?

Well you could...
*Get ticked off, report them for calling you a "noob" and then get muted for false reporting (Not at all reccomended)

Or find a humourous approach by saying...
*"I'm not a noob! I'm a(n) INSERT SCHOOL HERE"
or
*"Aww Thanks!"

Of course, to make them stop, all you really need to do is...
*Say, "Please go away" And put them on your ignore list.

What do you do?

~Renny (Shannon Willowblossom Level 37 Life Wizard)

i would mostly say
"aww thx"
or
"i know you are but what am i?"

Samantha Sunctcher lvl 48 BALANCE
Amy Suncatcher lvl 25 LIFE
Natalie Suncatcher lvl 20 MYTH
Vanessa Sunchatcher lvl 11 DEATH
Jessica Suncatcher lvl 12 ICE
and
Fiona Suncatcher lvl 10 FIRE

If someone Says "i know you are, but what am i?"
Say "I wont tell you before you cry"

Works all the time

Then a comeback could be: You said the rhyme you did the crime... So, that's not really a smart idea either.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
I noticed that these just bring back the 'noob should be banned' threads, and really, they do nothing. Other then that, my comeback would be:
(Wait, this case hasn't happened to me since forever).......................
Let's try this: The one who knows a noob is a bigger one
At least it was an attempt :(

Survivor
Nov 17, 2010
Defender
Nov 05, 2011
superprinter18 wrote:
I'm level 42 and i was dueling a level 39 and he called ME a noob. :? :?

He might have a higher level wizard and he's not used to being such a "low" level.

Defender
May 29, 2011
mman17 wrote:
But---to continue my previous post, there is no reason posting this on the boards. People are not bullies for getting annoyed at someone and accidently spilling an annoyed comment such as, "You're a noob".

Very true and I completely agree. People are not bullies for calling people a noob. It just means new to the game, nothing personal.

Defender
Nov 18, 2011
i would ingore them or if they do something really inappropite i would report them. but i dont like to listen to bullies and that in the commons so thats why i dont have text chat

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Probably say Aww Thanks.
Jessica Sparklegem lvl 70 Ice
Jasmine Fireblade lvl 65 Fire

Defender
Dec 31, 2011
Hi, I'm Renny :3 (Not my real name, just a shorter version of an annoyingly long Username) And I've noticed an increase in bullies on W101. Chances are, you have too! But what to do about it?

Well you could...
*Get ticked off, report them for calling you a "noob" and then get muted for false reporting (Not at all reccomended)

or
*"Aww Thanks!"

What do you do?

I just say "Takes one to know one."

Survivor
Jan 10, 2011
kittycat1910 wrote:
samjam99 wrote:
aname wrote:
I would say " takes one to know one "

agreed

Also agreed.

Scarlet SparkleHeart Level 28 Balance
Sierra Level 5 Life
Chelsea SoulCatcher Level 2 Death

Hi my name is trevor level 42 pyromancer and Wow i would instead put them on my ingore list and switch realm's or if they call me a noob a bunch of time's i would report them. :P

Explorer
Jun 04, 2009
I have noticed an increase in fights, name calling etc, and i try and aid the ones that have been attacked, i usually report the attackers, or try and defend the victims, or i just tell the victim to ignore the attacker, or i add the victim.
I think everyone should just stop fighting altogether because, we were all noobs once, remember? and noob isnt really an insult as i have realized. Did you know that it means beginner? not at all offensive.
I have also noticed that many more people are abusing text chat and open chat finding ways to swear and insult.
-Local Noob Defender Community Member (LNDC) Dustin Battlehand Level 64 Myth
PS: Add me if you want, or you want to join the LNDC, i am usually in the commons protecting the victims of bullying in Ambrose Realm.

Survivor
Mar 27, 2010
I would say sorry I can't understand what you're saying. Did you say that you're a noob?

Mastermind
May 13, 2011
to all people saying that saying noob isnt such big deal: in case you havent noticed, some people use it to personally attack them and make them get in trouble. it has become a whole new word

here are my responses:
so what?
wow, really?
i knew it
finally
my life is complete
what about you? (if they say theyre pro or something, id just say WRONG!)
ok
so are you
MOO

Survivor
Nov 27, 2010
Funny thing happened to me. I was doing 2v2 pvp with a friend using my level 70 diviner. We beat them and a person who was like level 5 called me a noob. I just laughed and he got angry and teleported away.

Delver
Apr 10, 2010
It just seems we have some wizards who have no concept of what the word "noob" means. Newbie, or new person, is the origional meaning. There are those who use the word in attempts to hurt others' feelings. Not a nice character trait, for sure. I guess they're trying to belittle in order for them to feel bigger.

I usually only refer to my own "baby" wizards as noobs.

Survivor
Apr 15, 2009
I think calling other people "noobs" is inmature i have had it happen to me.At level 62 i was hanging out with friends dueling at a house but did not know whos it was but i knew it was not this guys.I was dueling with my friends against this one guy (not going to say names) and he beat me i was like good game and he said ha i just think you are a noob and you are very lame.I did not care but my friend came then we battled him again to show him we can be good.He was level 70 after we beat him he started being more cruel.Then we got another friend but we did not battle this one guy but the friend.The guy was still there are started using bad words but making them a combination of words that were allowed in the chat system.In the middle i reported him for that and then he got worse by using even worse words and then reporting me for false reporting.I soon won the battle said good game to my friend and left and right when i did he said one of the worst words possible.So just to say it begans with noob but gets worse.

Champion
Nov 22, 2008
colagada wrote:
I tell them: "You know all about noobs." and put them on ignore.

Ok then they might report you.

Possibility seer
Valdus Darkcaster

Champion
Nov 22, 2008
Moribund wrote:
I use ignore often and liberally. If you are rude or spam, I ignore you. Then again, if you are not obnoxious or annoying I am very willing to help out. You reap what you sew.

Oh dude people are rude to me or my friends, I stand up for my friends and tell then to shut up. Then I ignore them and tell them I cant hear them.

Ignorer,
Valdus Darkcaster

Explorer
May 10, 2011

Well you could...

or
*"Aww Thanks!"

What do you do?

well a noob is a novice wizard i think you can find info the two words go the same thing noob novice noob is a novice ok.

Survivor
Aug 12, 2009
Lol! I stitch my gear to a commander gear and i have another copy of it stitched to noob cloths. Its funny seeing a pvp balance warlord in noob cloths, casting an unsuspected earth quake then the cry "NOOB", use the word for your own laughter xD

Defender
Apr 26, 2009
Have you ever heard of the phrase"Ignorance=Bliss," well if or if you haven't it applies to this situation. If the bullying is really getting to you, just go back to menu chat, you hear or say anything mean and demeaning.

Defender
May 17, 2011
i constantly get called a noob. which is lame because i am a grandmaster life wizard. So I just do the happy little noob dance ( a complex combo of jumps, emotes, and walking in circles) and saying: i am a happy little noob i am a happy little noob.

then the person who called me a noob will most likely tell me to get a life. so i say: but i do have i life. if i didn't i would be dead.

then they rattle off a bunch of irrelevent insults and mean comments to which I just stand there and listen. when they have done it for way to long or have stopped, i say: if this is really how you spend your free time, then I am sorry that you have nothing more to do with your time and that you get humor out of hurting those weaker then you. It is a cowardly thing to do.

and then they do something else and i think up of more combacks or run away while repeating the last comback over and over.

UGH

Explorer
Jan 14, 2011
I guess I am one of the lucky children who has never been called a noob...

I started playing Wizard101 before the bullies took over, and when I stopped for about half a year because of the stress of homework, I was already a pretty high level. So now that I have come back, people don't really make fun of me for being weak or new or whatever the insult of the week is, because I am not. My failsafe method for avoiding being called a noob for asking someone to help you is to not call out specific people. I just alternate between saying "help" is text chat and in menu chat. That way, people who don't want to help don't have to answer you and say something rude. That, or just whisper to someone stronger than you on your friends list.

If I were ever bullied by someone on Wizard101, I wouldn't bother to do anything. I wouldn't push ignore or report, and I wouldn't even walk away. I wouldn't say a word to them, I would just continue talking to my friends or whatever I was doing. The thing is, when you report them or ignore them or answer them or port/walk away from them, it let's them know that they have gotten to you, and bullies take pride in that. They aren't worth your time.

But, it is when someone starts bullying someone else that I draw the line. I do not care if I know the person being bullied or not, they should not be bullied. I have not experienced being bullied on Wizard101, and I do not believe other kids should either.

Bullies are no better than us. In fact, we are better than them, because we know that bullying is wrong, and we stand up for the kids who get bullied because they are not as strong as other players. Bullies aren't worth witty retorts or report buttons. Save those for when you really need them.

Haley Fairygarden Level 30 Life Wizard

Survivor
Oct 20, 2011
I just say "yes because no one knows more about noobs than you do" or something like that.

Eric SwiftPyre 8)

Survivor
Oct 23, 2010
I would probably say "Ok " and then walk away then ignore them, but I like a lot of stuff other people said, it was funny!