Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

You're No Noob!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 25, 2010
izzyfluffed wrote:
Earlier this week, after a pvp match, there were a few players calling others noobs and it ended up in a big discussion of how wrong it is to call someone a noob. Another adult even told me it's not a "bad" word because it's not blocked. My reply..."Neither are a lot of other words or phrases that can hurt feelings." I hate the word. Even though my daughter and many other young players are far from being noobs, it still does hurt younger kids feelings.

I know it probably won't ever happen, but I feel the word should be blocked from the game. I've seen too many younger kids upset by it. We are here to protect our kids.....not let other kids upset them by calling them names.

In another thread about banning the word noob, it was either an admin or adult that posted the definition of the word noob, "A person who's new or unexperienced." So its kind of a good thing if your high level for someone to call you a noob cause they'd basically be saying you level up fast.
So when people call you a noob, just say "Thank you very much. You'll confuse them so bad.

Blaine Ghostbreath, Level 40 Necromancer
Wolf TitanStone, Former Level 60 Pyromancer (Accidently Deleted)
John AnvilWard, Former Level 60 Necromancer (Also Accidently)

Defender
Aug 05, 2009
Survivor
Aug 07, 2009
Being called a Noob was a really annoying, especially when I was like level 30 and I ported to a friend in Dragonsprye.

Survivor
Dec 04, 2009
Explorer
Sep 03, 2009
But remember guys, reporting could cause you to get in trouble, because if kingsisle doesn't see what the other person meant/said, you could be muted or banned then the other person would just laugh their heads off while you will be fuming and confused

Survivor
Jun 14, 2011
Survivor
Oct 04, 2011
I am still fairly new at this game as far as communication is concern and im just now finding out what a noob is from this message board (too funny) those players who do that just to get you killed, for me even though it may be fusterating i just simply ignore and continue to play. 8)

Survivor
Dec 20, 2011
or do what i did i was called a noob for healing myself after he came in battle and drag in another goon to kill so i fled and left him with 2 goon to kill by himself (goons i know it non of the creature u meet just easy to put down and cant spell to good

Survivor
Dec 20, 2011
Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
Survivor
Oct 26, 2010
Survivor
Oct 26, 2010
Hello my name is Steven (not real name).I have seen a lot of my friends get pushed around and sometimes get called names at.I stand up for my friends and help fight back.

What will you do?

Survivor
Aug 15, 2011
tcw87544 wrote:
RenesmeeCullenCuti... wrote:
Hi, I'm Renny :3 (Not my real name, just a shorter version of an annoyingly long Username) And I've noticed an increase in bullies on W101. Chances are, you have too! But what to do about it?

Well you could...
*Get ticked off, report them for calling you a "noob" and then get muted for false reporting (Not at all reccomended)

Or find a humourous approach by saying...
*"I'm not a noob! I'm a(n) INSERT SCHOOL HERE"
or
*"Aww Thanks!"

Of course, to make them stop, all you really need to do is...
*Say, "Please go away" And put them on your ignore list.

What do you do?

~Renny (Shannon Willowblossom Level 37 Life Wizard)

When I was a level 41 (in mooshu) I used a phoenix on a diseased water spirit and some storm level 46 said i was a noob because he was a level 60 fire. This kept going on for 10 minutes, and 5 minutes of how ice was weak. I said 3 things during the whole time.
1) The phoenix killed it, so whats the problem.
2) You dont have a legend ice.
3) Show me your legend fire to prove it.
After that he logged off while i changed realms.

i dont know why but who cares about people calling people noobs just go back to living you life! but storm is least common and nice so storm will proabally never do it again

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
RenesmeeCullenCuti... wrote:
Hi, I'm Renny :3 (Not my real name, just a shorter version of an annoyingly long Username) And I've noticed an increase in bullies on W101. Chances are, you have too! But what to do about it?

Well you could...
*Get ticked off, report them for calling you a "noob" and then get muted for false reporting (Not at all reccomended)

Or find a humourous approach by saying...
*"I'm not a noob! I'm a(n) INSERT SCHOOL HERE"
or
*"Aww Thanks!"

Of course, to make them stop, all you really need to do is...
*Say, "Please go away" And put them on your ignore list.

What do you do?

~Renny (Shannon Willowblossom Level 37 Life Wizard)

I just ask them for 1v1 and then if I win I say,"Whose the noob now?" and if I lose I agree that I'm a noob :(

Survivor
Aug 24, 2010
Well, it's pretty simple. Every time that happens to my, I just say "You were once a noob too, so think before you talk"

Works wonders. Not saying you should, but *shrugs* it's what I do :-)

Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
say that's not really nice to say to someone- worked for me :D or also say........hahahahahaha, what did you say??? OR my best one yet......meow :)

Survivor
Sep 10, 2011
i know those people get annoying dont worry about those people i just ignore them

Survivor
Jun 07, 2010
I say "You used to be one to you know, so be quiet before you get yourself in trouble."

That gets them to be quiet.

Defender
Aug 06, 2011
Defender
Nov 05, 2011
I just say: "I'm a noob and I know it, live with it!"

Jasmine IceBringer was here.
Natalie JadeBlade is in the building across the street.
Live with it

Survivor
Aug 09, 2011
Defender
Dec 25, 2008
When someone says i am a noob i just say wanna tell that to my 70 fire warlord and most of the time they leave me alon, but other times i have to bring out the big guns!
sean Fireblood lvl 70 Fire

Survivor
Jul 26, 2010
Survivor
Oct 28, 2010
I would remind them that they were once "noobs" too, delete them from my friends list if they were on it, ignore them, and swich relms.
Alexandra Goldesong~ level 38 ice

Survivor
Sep 27, 2011
Have you ever heard the saying "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me,"

Agreed :-)