Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 9-24-10

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 22, 2010
From a business stand point, you should let them port to all worlds, even join battles. I think this will increase your customer retention and word-of-mouth marketing. For my part, I do not mind fighting a few extra monsters, However, you should not allow them to get special drops or pets until they earn access to those worlds

Tarlac LionHeart

Survivor
Dec 12, 2009
I have had instances like a lower level jumping in and when another beast joins the fight they log or flee leaving me with more to kill. Or when I would be soloing the Gurtok in the plaza to test my capabilities and a low level jumps in. He has a few attacks which are all low level and uses the wand attack quite often, which removes all the traps I have placed. When asked not to do that they laugh and have other lower levels port to them. Meanwhile me being in first spot am taking all the hits from the gurtok and I have weaker attacks due to no traps/feints and such left for me. Which means fight takes way much longer, I take more hits and a good chance I will die. That is so far from fair and it is THOSE lower levels who may ruin it for others. I also paid for my membership and did not pay for that!

I do admit there are higher levels who are training some lower levels who do play fair but unfortunately if there are changes made it has to be for all. Some people who say they enjoy having their lower level family members port to them and such, why not port to the lower levels instead and help them in their lower level area?

After reading all the posts here and although the majority I see is NO do not allow them I do agree myself unless there is a viable solution which I think I have.

When the lower levels port to a family member or friend to help or explore an area, can ONLY jump into a fight their friend they ported to is in, and when friend logs out the lower level gets ported back to where they were before porting. No credit towards any quests. NO marking spots allowed for anyone who has not unlocked an area. That way it solves the issue of most of the people saying yes to allow because of helping a family member or friend and does not interfere with other high levels who are saying no. When the lower levels train like others have had to and open an area then they can mark it.

Survivor
Jun 22, 2010
I agree. I just finished Dragonspyre and while I was there lots of low level people came and ruined the whole fight because he fled and left me to die. AustinStarthorn, level 46 fire signing out

Survivor
May 22, 2009
I'n my opinion i think people who all ready have grand's should be allowed to go to realms higher then the one they are currently on, i am always porting to friends in Ds (dragon spyre) to help them out on my noob's if they took that away then what else am i going to do when i'm bored of missions? The noob's who are just getting random people to let them port into higher up realms just for extra experience shouldn't be allowed to go though because it just isn't fair. Why should they get to go up a lvl by cheating practically while everyone else has to play fair and lvl up at their own pace? Any noob without a grandmaster who does that should be rightly called a cheater because they are doing something that most people don't get to do.

Survivor
May 08, 2010
No because when i got unlimited access and i went to a new world it spoiled everything for me so no they need to get there on their own

Survivor
Jan 03, 2010
Many good suggestions have been made on how to deal with this issue. I have experienced many problems with lower level wizards running around cluelessly in mooshu and dragonspyre, and have learned to turn off my porting unless I want a specific friend to join me. It seems to me that KingsIsle is very generous in allowing people to play for free, but unfortunately a lot of people abuse that privilege. Why should someone be automatically granted access when so many of us have worked hard to become masters and grand masters? I would like to see some kind of limit imposed in joining battles, but admit that it is cool to be able to visit ms and ds and begin the crafting, which takes so many hours. I'm sure KI can figure something out that will satisfy all.

Survivor
Jun 06, 2010
I think people should still be allowed to port wherever they want. My best friend has been helping me since she was a noob with my high lvl quests, cause you don't always have a grand on. Plus once the person leaves the world they can't go back unless they port in. And i'm pretty sure you can only get side quests if you haven't unlocked the world yet. It just gives low levels a little boost. It's great how it is :)
-Kestrel, lvl 50 Ice

Survivor
Apr 17, 2009
I think Wizard101 should keep the bonuses of being able to port into higher worlds, but eliminate the mess caused when wizards port in over their heads.
Being alowed to port into the world just after the world earned could be a perfectly cozy compromise!

Survivor
Mar 04, 2009
I really don't mind if a lower wizard ports in. This is to be a family game. Families that do play together will be pull apart. I hope you will look at the whole picture here. I have 6 grands. Another account ice-47. I have seen alot of changes that Kingisle has done. Some are ok and alot that are not so good. But I stay for my friends. There has been enough changes already.

Survivor
Jan 14, 2009
[i think wizards should get to explore the worlds and get quests ,too :D 8)
color=cyan]

Survivor
Nov 22, 2009
Really, don't disallow characters to move throughout the spiral! My friends are at different levels as are my characters. My true friends should not be barred from playing with me and I with them. As to lower level players just popping in; all part of the game. Never know when the person next to you has a couple grand characters under their belt. Strategy and experience counts, not just power spells.

Savannah Jadehaven life grand
Savannah Jadehaven myth grand
Savannah Jadehaven fire grand
etc

Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
i think every thing is fine the way it is and if people could do it they would die and no one likes that :(

Survivor
May 27, 2008
Well, maybe... I see both points... Maybe you can set a level thing, where if they haven't reached the world they can't port there. But say you have a level 10 friend that you want to come see your Malistaire battle or whatever. Maybe if someone who doesn't meet the requirements tries to port, the person being ported to gets a little "Would you like ____ to port to you? Yes or no?" And it would show their level and stuff...

Survivor
Sep 24, 2009
No, lower level characters should not have access to worlds that they have not earned access to. Characters should be doing the quests in the storyline to earn xp. The quests provide much more xp then killing monsters regardless of the world. As for families helping/playing together, this only becomes a problem if they are on different worlds and the higher level characters should be the one helping the lower level ones. If you are the higher level character and need help, try making new friends, its a social game after all.

Survivor
Feb 20, 2009

i have a good idea about that what if when you want to prt to someone it showed up on the person who the guy wants to port tos screen and asks him if it is okay. i think it would fix the unwanted ports. plz tell me what you think everybody

Survivor
Dec 16, 2009
It is good that lower level players get a sneak peek of the world to come. That is all they should have until they attain the experience to play in that world. There should be something put on the lower levels so they can not actually play in the circles. An example is when you are asked to go to GH to set up trading. You can not gather reagents nor can you inter act with the people and quests. It is very frustrating to me have a lower level port in and then leave. ON ANOTHER NOTE: The true gamers work hard to succeed every level, and every level has increased in difficulty. We have done all quests to be able to advance. Now we find out that the lower levels have made you change the last tower in MB so that it is not a requierment to complete to get into Celsetia. WHAT ABOUT THE PLAYERS THAT HAD TO STUGGLE TO GET IT COMPLETED? I personally do not think that change was fair to the ones who completed it. And then we find out you let the level six and up go to Celestia and you made it so easy! Every world got a little harder, then poof, Celstia is as easy to do as Unicorn Way.

Just my opinion.....
Dragonheart

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
there should be a box that pops up on the wizard being teleported to that asks if so and so can teleport

Survivor
May 09, 2009
Well you make a point to where as it is a way for a sneak peek, but it would be better if there was a preveiw set up for it just like there is for the houses. Or making it so that "character" can only teleport to the next world since in that case when that Grandmaster is fending off draconian beasts that lower level won't be as low and will be able to at least help. Or, as a preveiw method, allow them to teleport but unable to battle or do quests, because if they could still get that exp. jump then what fun would it make for the worlds they have not done before? Or (lol yes I do have one more idea) you can just simply make a level restriction based on the avarage level wizards are at by the completion of the main storyline quests. Well I hope this paragraph helps you and sorry for it being long. =) Thank You

Survivor
Aug 03, 2008
I think they should be able to teleport based on what level they are and what point they are in the storyline. It is fair and no one gets hurt.

Survivor
Sep 03, 2008
I think that's not a good idea because even if they could get to different worlds before they were a high enough level they wouldn't be able to do anything but buy clothes,if they try to defeat people they would die almost evey time.

Survivor
Jun 29, 2010
I think they should only be able to port to a friend becaues they need to be unlock them on there own if they did not then they would be done with the game to fast and that would not be fu n. :x :x :x

Survivor
Aug 31, 2008
This is a very sensitive subject to many wizards in the spiral. At first, i was thinking that a low level should not be able to teleport to higher worlds in the spiral. But now that i read many other user's comments, i am starting to see the other side of this. It scould split families and some low levels are very helpful. Maybe when a lower level decides to teleport to you, you can decide yourself. For example, the messgae that would come up when a person wants to teleport can say: "_____ would like to teleport to you. Do you accept?" And under it will be yes or no buttons. Of course to make it easier to some wizards in the spiral, they can turn off these messages to be able to let friends teleport with no message appearing.

Another smart idea is to "ghost" the people who are not currently in that area yet. When i say "ghost" i mean when a battle ends, for a few short seconds you can not be pulled into battle. But for lower levels not in that area yet, they will be "ghosted" for the amount of time they are in that area.

Thank you KI for bringing this subject to attention. I hope you can bring my ideas into consideration.

Survivor
Aug 15, 2010
Personally, I used to be a lower level mage. My roommates were all upper level. They asked me to assist them in dungeon battles, so in this case I don't see a problem. It took some of the pressure off of having the monsters only attacking them.

The only bad side I saw come from this is I was later disappointed that I later entered that same dungeon, and knew what monsters were where, and the gameplay lost some of it's thrill.

...and to those who say the lower level wizards enter a fight and run off, I just want to say that certain practice is done by upper level wizards to the lower level wizards more frequent! I had four separate occassions where someone said they would help, enter the dungeon, then say, "Well, have fun!" and then port out!

An idea to further the notion of "cooperation" in the game, wizards should have a challenge where they need to befriend a lower level wizard in order to do a dungeon together! Or have the upper level wizard get an item to give to a lower level wizard to complete the quest!

Survivor
Oct 03, 2009
My fiance and I both play and I have often times ported to him in Dragonspyre starting as early as Marleybone. Never once have I hindered his play. I only just gained access to Dragonspyre this week. I am three levels higher than he was when he came because I was pet farming with him in the Plaza before I finished Mooshu. So doing this has benefited me.

HOWEVER, I know hate when really small levels port to me and expect me to help them when they get pulled into a battle.

Here's how my fiance and I think it should work.

If you haven't beat Wizard City, you should be able to port no higher than Krokotopia.
If you haven't yet beat Krokotopia, then no higher than Marleybone.
If you haven't yet beat Marleybone, then no higher than Mooshu.
And of course, if you haven't beat Mooshu then you can port to Dragonspyre.

Basically, in short, you can't port more than one world ahead of the one you are working in. There is obviously some difficult in trying to Grizzleheim since it's a side world, kind of. Most people I know beat Grizzleheim before Mooshu.

Of course this isn't a science, but we both think this would be efficient enough. There does need to be some restriction of some sort though. The low level ports is getting a tiny bit out of control. You don't even have to add them. They can click your name in the chat box and port. There needs to be regulation somehow.

Survivor
May 22, 2010
I think there should be a limit of 1000 to be able to teleport to higher realms