Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A wizard's garden plot

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jan 21, 2010
It would be a very different way to farm for reagents.
So, yeah, lets have an exterior houseing item that spawns random reagents.
I would not expect such a thing to be cheap.
I would insist that it spawn reagents in a random fashion. I would rather have the same spawn chance for all reagents. I would like it to have the same spawn rate as reagents do in the wild.

Houses with alot of floor space would become more popular.

I could just see myself talking with a friend at my house, suddenly another friend ports in and runs outside to raid my reagent garden. I suppose I could keep the garden away from the house door, and kick out the greedy friend as soon as I saw them rush to the door...

There would be people with multiple accounts who fill their mule's house with garden plots and then multi logg and have their main character teleport to their mule's house and harvest reagents. For that matter people can have multiple houses.

the prices for reagents would plumet.

Hmmm, the draw backs for this kind of housing item seem severe. Perhaps they could limit one wizard's garden per house?

Thoughts?

Survivor
Sep 17, 2009
yes, how about 2 gardens per house? you could also plant 'seeds'-20 of a rare reagent which makes it so that you have a higher chance of getting the reagents the rare one comes from. also, what if you could only harvest a garden if its at your house? that would help stop the people porting to get the reagent. i also suggest a garden 'pot'- a thing to add so you can have a garden in doors! some other ideas i have are making it only spawn reagents 5 times a day, and making it a crafted housing item, but only for master artisans. it should be no auction to. that would be ......... [b]AWESOME[/b]!!!!!!!!!!!!!
~A CuCKoo GaRDenEr WhoSe PlaNtS aLwAYs SeeM To DiE AKA Autumn owlglade gran balance

Delver
Feb 18, 2010
azelda49 wrote:
yes, how about 2 gardens per house? you could also plant 'seeds'-20 of a rare reagent which makes it so that you have a higher chance of getting the reagents the rare one comes from. also, what if you could only harvest a garden if its at your house? that would help stop the people porting to get the reagent. i also suggest a garden 'pot'- a thing to add so you can have a garden in doors! some other ideas i have are making it only spawn reagents 5 times a day, and making it a crafted housing item, but only for master artisans. it should be no auction to. that would be ......... [b]AWESOME[/b]!!!!!!!!!!!!!
~A CuCKoo GaRDenEr WhoSe PlaNtS aLwAYs SeeM To DiE AKA Autumn owlglade gran balance

what does that last part mean? id get it

Survivor
May 04, 2010
I agree that only the person that planted the seed can harvest the plants. I am all of a sudden getting people teleporting to my house to of course steal from me. This is not right! It's going to lead to people deleting friends, which will lead to eventually everyone playing the game on their own for fear of befriending thieves!