Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Tome of the Fang quest

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 21, 2008
I've had this quest now for awhile and just can't seem to find any of it...it says...
Use Scroll Krotopia
Use Book of the Fang Krokosphinx
Use Obelisk Rubbing

I've avoided doing this one for awhile because of confusion..Do I need to do them in any certain order? I have just spent 20 minutes running around like an idiot in the oasis hitting x every few steps...no luck...any hints would be appreciate...Thanks, Fiona Dragon Tamer

Administrator
Keep in mind, you can now see the History of a quest by clicking on the Yellow Question mark on the quest. It will open a new window and show you the conversations you had that lead up to that quest step.

This may help you decipher what you need to do, and no you do not need to do them in any particular order.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
May 22, 2008
Survivor
Jul 12, 2008
The scroll is right where you started! :) Explore your Library!!!

The oblisk is a little more difficult as you are going to have fun re-doing the whole Vault of Ice!

And that Book of the Fang... That balance teacher keeps a pretty good grip on it! ;)

Hope this helps!

Heather

Survivor
May 21, 2008
Hey i just finished that quest and it said that i got krokosphinks delver and i don't have that badge now.

Survivor
Sep 16, 2008
Thanks for the help Heather i just got the quest and you were a very big help even thougth re-doing the vault of ice took me a long time i guess i'll have to do it again :?

Survivor
Dec 31, 2008
Squire
Dec 02, 2008
My guess is that you have to complete Return to Shalek in order to get access. Completing that quest is certainly enough to get access.

It's quite a long quest line, starting with Shalek the Wise in the Entrance Hall.

Order At Last -> The Great General -> Minion Massacre -> Search for the Seal -> General Admission -> Coin of Destiny -> Lay of the Land -> Blades of Ice -> Armor Handle -> Get Some Bling -> Grip It! -> Forge Key -> Taking It to the Tuts -> Back Among the Fold -> Quest for the Warrior -> Mark of the Gladiator -> Gladiator Games -> Are You Experienced? -> Battle of the Sunbird -> Along Came a Spider -> Stonechin -> Enter Sandman -> Malletmane -> Krokotopian Idol -> Who's More Amazing? -> The Ultimate Battle -> Return to Shalek -> Find the Fang -> (more quests in the line)

Find the Fang is done in the Vault of Ice, so it has to give you access for that one. There's no real point in doing the Tome of the Fang quest before you get Find the Fang, since each requires you to clear the whole instance, so you might as well do both at once.

Survivor
Mar 02, 2009
ashbaer wrote:

The oblisk is a little more difficult as you are going to have fun re-doing the whole Vault of Ice!

And that Book of the Fang... That balance teacher keeps a pretty good grip on it! ;)

Hope this helps!

Heather
Uhm, where exactly is the Obelisk!!!!!

Survivor
Mar 02, 2009
Quizzical wrote:
My guess is that you have to complete Return to Shalek in order to get access. Completing that quest is certainly enough to get access.

It's quite a long quest line, starting with Shalek the Wise in the Entrance Hall.

Order At Last -> The Great General -> Minion Massacre -> Search for the Seal -> General Admission -> Coin of Destiny -> Lay of the Land -> Blades of Ice -> Armor Handle -> Get Some Bling -> Grip It! -> Forge Key -> Taking It to the Tuts -> Back Among the Fold -> Quest for the Warrior -> Mark of the Gladiator -> Gladiator Games -> Are You Experienced? -> Battle of the Sunbird -> Along Came a Spider -> Stonechin -> Enter Sandman -> Malletmane -> Krokotopian Idol -> Who's More Amazing? -> The Ultimate Battle -> Return to Shalek -> Find the Fang -> (more quests in the line)

Find the Fang is done in the Vault of Ice, so it has to give you access for that one. There's no real point in doing the Tome of the Fang quest before you get Find the Fang, since each requires you to clear the whole instance, so you might as well do both at once.
Do you really have to do the Tome of the Fang to move on to Marleybone?

Defender
Feb 18, 2009
ChieftainAnklor wrote:
ashbaer wrote:

Hope this helps!

Heather

The Obelisk is in one of the rooms with the Banshee sisters in the Vault of Ice. You have to beat them all to get to it. Yes, unfortunately it seems you get to do this quest twice for two different objectives.
Have fun...

Hunter SilverHeart

Defender
Feb 18, 2009
ChieftainAnklor wrote:
Quizzical wrote:

Do you really have to do the Tome of the Fang to move on to Marleybone?

I was curious of this as well. I've asked friends that are already in Marleybone and they tell me that you DO have to finish ALL the quests in Kroktopia in order to get the pass from the General to get to Marleybone.

Hunter SilverHeart

Survivor
Feb 18, 2009
I just noticed i still have that quest as well. I have all but the last part done. No you do not have to complete all the quests on Krok to get to marleybone. I am on marleybone and still haven't completed that quest.

Good Luck

Survivor
Jan 01, 2009
I need help with the quest. I already got the scroll and I can go in the trophy room. But in the trophy room you have to do light the obelisk up in a certain way. I cant find that certain way and i dont know how to use the treaure chest. Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From, Cody StrongHammer

Survivor
Jun 03, 2009
stwilson wrote:
Hey i just finished that quest and it said that i got krokosphinks delver and i don't have that badge now.

Is there a Krokosphinx Delver badge that goes along the Order of the Fang questline? Because if so, I didn't get mine either. :(

Survivor
Apr 10, 2009
the scroll is in the libery and the book is at the balance school near the teacher on the right . the rubbing thing is in the valt of ice but u need 2 do this huge quest line 2 get 2 the quest that lets you in there the quest line is...

find the fang lets you in . so you cant even do tome of the fang inless your up 2 find the fang . ifyou did find the fang already then your going 2 have 2 do the whole thing another time .i hope this helped all of you =)

Survivor
Apr 17, 2009
gnreno3 wrote:
ChieftainAnklor wrote:
ashbaer wrote:

Hope this helps!

Heather

The Obelisk is in one of the rooms with the Banshee sisters in the Vault of Ice. You have to beat them all to get to it. Yes, unfortunately it seems you get to do this quest twice for two different objectives.
Have fun...

Hunter SilverHeart

Why dont you just start both quest then do it once. Then finish up both quests. that what i do.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
Pfd7 wrote:
I need help with the quest. I already got the scroll and I can go in the trophy room. But in the trophy room you have to do light the obelisk up in a certain way. I cant find that certain way and i dont know how to use the treaure chest. Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From, Cody StrongHammer

I have the same problem and I still can't figure it out! I think that the code for the obelisk is some where out of the trophy room but I can't find it.
- Gabrielle Winterflame :-)

Survivor
Oct 31, 2009
I don't get a quest called find the fang or something. When i read this book thing it said must find 3 ysterys in this chamber. I beated two of the banshee's it said mystery reveald on both. But i can't find the third mystery help :( :? !

Survivor
Feb 02, 2010
There really is no Book of the Fang when I go into the School of Balance. I know I'm supposed to look back by the teacher. That's where I'm looking. All I see is a desk behind him with a pile of books I cannot interact with, a little closet I can't go into, two chalkboards and two potted plants. On the floor there are two empty pedestals. Is one of them supposed to hold the book?

I've seen other posts where a person couldn't find it, but then when they went in with a friend, it was there.

Is this a bug? Is there some part of the quest I haven't done right?

Survivor
Feb 02, 2010
I've just confirmed that there is a bug, of sorts.

If you finish Retribution and take the quest called Back to Balance before you have found the Book, your character will always enter a version of the School of Balance that contains extra NPCs, but no Book.

For best results, grab the book before you finish Retribution. If it's too late, find a friend who has not finished Retribution; have that friend enter the School of Balance, and then teleport to him/her.

Survivor
Apr 01, 2010

:? --> Hello , my friend ad too all of wizard101 ,
I am currently on the quest from The Oasis
( Tome Of The Fang ) use obelisk rubbing ) I am level 23
but it wont let me in , now on the scrolls and all this other stuff recieved earier ' I sold all this in bazarr shop in olde town
exploring libruary from when I first foud the scroll is'nt there
is there a solution professor ?

Professor Greyrose wrote:
Keep in mind, you can now see the History of a quest by clicking on the Yellow Question mark on the quest. It will open a new window and show you the conversations you had that lead up to that quest step.

This may help you decipher what you need to do, and no you do not need to do them in any particular order.