Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday - 9-17-10

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 11, 2009
uno57 wrote:
pretend to eat something or, sneeze

I like sneeze - It's that time of the year :( and I'm just waiting for the first freeze, so I can breathe again.

Chuckaroo13 wrote:
Perhaps a series of gymnastic maneuvers, like backflips and cartwheels.

I also like backflip as a way to celebrate :-) though I can't do it in real life without great embarrassment. :(

elvenwarrior93 wrote:
8)Hi Five!

This is a good one, but you will have to do it with your pet. Doing this by yourself doesn't really work. Besides people have a tendency to laugh at you when you do stuff like that by yourself. :(

New Idea- in celebration of a victory and not being defeated again

How about disco dancing to the music of the Bee Gees

“Ah, ha, ha, ha,
Stayin' alive.
Stayin' alive.
Ah, ha, ha, ha,
Stayin' alive.”

Have fun!!! :) :) :)

Survivor
Aug 01, 2010
i would like the action that it makes when you pass. for example a meany is being mean to you so how about you get the ability to point your wand at them or even charge it up and make a lightning bolt or a small fire or leaves, myth eyeballs, death skulls, snow, ect.

Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
Spell Cast:

Use lash your wand a spark appears and wanders around you for a short duration.

Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
use furniture, sit. but only on chairs and couches. you wouldn't want people to use the sit emote in public.
walking, i suggested this idea a long time ago.
here's a funny one, skip, a character could skip around .
all of these could be :emoted", until the period key was pushed.\ to end the emote.

Survivor
Jan 07, 2010
Survivor
Mar 02, 2009
Hmm, I would like to add none but the fact that when someone uses the ** LOL emote you actually here them laughing or when someone dances some random music should be played and dance moves different for each school that would be more effective as to the word emotes and people would use them more often. And as for the answer to the Question id Like the one of the gymnastic moves added for e.g cart wheels or maybe backflips with a hooray jump at the end to find one excited? :D

Survivor
Jun 03, 2009
oh I would like sit because like you pretend restaurant in your house or someone else's and you can't sit on the chair or the pillow on the floor; so with that I second sit. :D :D :D P.S. I second Paige Moonshade :D :D

Survivor
Jul 25, 2009
OMG I would no doubt LOVE to see ROFL! I would be ok with gymnastics too

but ROFL would be so hilarious if you could (Detailed) press ROFL and your

character would just randomly fall on the floor laughing and you could actually

hear the person laugh and you would keep laughing until you clicked your

mouse! I am trying to rope my mom into playing Wizard101 and she would for

SURE play for ROFL so you would get another old person (NO OFFENSE

PARENTS!) to begin playing because of an emote called ROFL. GEESE AND

DOVE!

Survivor
Apr 30, 2009
I would totally like "eat" . You can eat something from your house. That would be totally awesome! For just one time I wish I am right, Please.

Survivor
Nov 28, 2009
Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
That levitation effect when you're healed. It would give a sense of self-importance and POWER.

Explorer
Jul 16, 2009
Is "sit" an emote
Because if it was, all my wizards would be sitting in their houses when I log on and off the game, and sometimes they could sit there for days, just staring off into wizard space, dreaming wizard dreams. :D
If not, how about a dance #2.
That would be ok, too. :)

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Champion
Jan 27, 2009
Emote to sit in chairs and sofas in our houses and one to lie down on beds (1 person at a time)

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
Survivor
Jul 12, 2010
Defender
May 31, 2010
I do agree that a sitting afk would be a great addition to the game, Usually if I have to turn away from the keyboard for a minute or two , I try to face myself into a wall or tree so people get a hint I am afk. I have been called rude more than once from young wizards who approach me while I am afk and I don't respond to them.

But the other emote I would truly think that would add a few laughs to the game already exist. We can not perform it , but the gobblers use it frequently on the spells they cast . Green puffs of smoke and all. I am sure some of the wizards would get a kick out of it on their friends.

Survivor
Jun 10, 2010
one word EAT FOOD so that if there is food you don't just stand there and stare at it

Survivor
Apr 09, 2009
I would like to see the wiggle dance thing that gurtok/oni :D pet does right before a spell

Explorer
Apr 04, 2010
it would be awesome to have specific emots in specific areas. like in kt you would have like an egyptian dance, and in ms there could be a... a well idk but it would be kewl

Survivor
Jul 10, 2008
Like many people above, i would like to sit. After a hard day of battles against those fun, challenging creatures, it would be great to just sit back in a chair, or couch or even the bench. We do know however, you, the wizard101 staff is hard at work, so, i'm not complaining.
but, another emote i would probably love is maybe sleep, or even rolling on the floor laughing :) Continue to rock Wizard101!!!!!

Sincerely,
Zachary Shadow Grandmaster Necromancer, Beta Player since the beginning

Administrator
rolo527 wrote:

“Ah, ha, ha, ha,
Stayin' alive.
Stayin' alive.
Ah, ha, ha, ha,
Stayin' alive.”

Lovin' the ideas here but this one made me literally ROFL! ::grin::

Just a note - we have discussed internally the idea of having housing objects you can interact with in that way - like being able to sit in a chair, play a piano, etc. However, this opens a whole big can of worms on the art and programming side to make it look right and proper. So on that note, we hear you loud and clear, but it may involve some major technical hurdles.

I also love the backflip idea! Might be a little tricky in robes though...

Continue on, this is fun! :)

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Survivor
Mar 29, 2009
I do like the backflip ideas and the ROLF emotes those would be cool to to in the game, Happy Dueling!!! :D

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
Professor Falmea wrote:

Inquiring minds at Ravenwood would like to know... if you could add one emote (like dance, jump, flex, etc) to the game that isn't there now, what would it be? I'll be back next week to give my answer, but for now, I'd like to see what you think!

Hope you are having a FIERY Friday, and a SPARKtacular weekend! ::grin::

first one: nooooooooooooo. fall on your knees, spread your arms out, and look up.

next: pffffffHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! fall on the ground and roll around.

third one: what... have... i... DONE? fall on your hands and knees, look down, and shake a little (like in shock, ar maybe crying).

last of all: hi-YAAAH!!! junp up and kick with the LEFT leg (get some leftiness going in here).

btw those fire based plays on words are just awful, by which i mean WHY THE FIREBATS ARE YOU GRINNING!?!?!?

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
rolo527 wrote:
uno57 wrote:
pretend to eat something or, sneeze

I like sneeze - It's that time of the year :( and I'm just waiting for the first freeze, so I can breathe again.

Chuckaroo13 wrote:
Perhaps a series of gymnastic maneuvers, like backflips and cartwheels.

I also like backflip as a way to celebrate :-) though I can't do it in real life without great embarrassment. :(

elvenwarrior93 wrote:
8)Hi Five!

This is a good one, but you will have to do it with your pet. Doing this by yourself doesn't really work. Besides people have a tendency to laugh at you when you do stuff like that by yourself. :(

“Ah, ha, ha, ha,
Stayin' alive.
Stayin' alive.
Ah, ha, ha, ha,
Stayin' alive.”

lol stayin' alive. that is hilarious. don't forget a disco ball appearing over your head and flashing strobe lights!

or maybe it's random, could be staying alive, could be another song. elvis presley... not really disco, but still cool. who says it has to be disco? for the beatles (THERE'S an idea) maybe have those animated flowers from yellow submarine.