Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fizzle...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 10, 2010
I don't think there is a worse word to see on the screen! I can stand a few, after all you need a little bit of annoyance to keep the adrenline up. I understand that.... but a little bit goes a long way! When you are getting fizzles almost every dual, that's too much. I've noticed that when you think you can finish off your enemy quickly because your electric bats have just come up, you use them....... fizzle! Why is it that the fizzles pretty much happen with the storm spells more than the others? Is it the game or is it me? Am I doing something wrong to get all these fizzles? It has become beyond annoying, and is now down right irritating!

.... marstn

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
If you look at the bottom left of your cards, they display a percentage. This percentage reflects the chance of successfully casting your spell.

Life = 90%
Balance & Death = 85%
Myth & Ice = 80%
Fire = 75%
Storm = 70%

As you can see, Storm has the lowest percentage. This means Storm is most likely to fizzle over any other school. This was done to offset Storms higher damaging cards.

Delver
Sep 20, 2009
It appears u have suffered this too. The 1st time i played it i was like Why do spells fizzle? but then if you look on the bottom left of your card a percentage is displayed telling you the chance of it working.

Life is mostly 90% or 100%
Death and Balance are mostly 85%
Ice and Myth are mostly 80%
Fire is mostly 75%
Storm is mostly 70% or lower

As you can see Storm focuses to much on Power so they seem to lack Accuracy and Health Points. You can read about all the schools in the player guide! Hope this helps!

Survivor
Oct 18, 2010
Yeah I hate fizzle, I was fighting this boss, and I had a to choose between lightning bats or vampire, I went for vampire, fizzled. And my health was 20 so I was like , I can make it! So I went for the lightning bats, FIZZLED! Then I had to walk al the way back! I felt really annoyed. Anyway, back to the real reason, lightning never will be fizzle proof. But yeah, sometimes fizzle can help. Like if you get this really good card right after you fizzle, and it needs the pip you were about to use, or maybe you didn't mean to cast that smell, it works!
- Pengred09fluffy

Survivor
Jul 22, 2009
Pengred09fluffy wrote:
Yeah I hate fizzle, I was fighting this boss, and I had a to choose between lightning bats or vampire, I went for vampire, fizzled. And my health was 20 so I was like , I can make it! So I went for the lightning bats, FIZZLED! Then I had to walk al the way back! I felt really annoyed. Anyway, back to the real reason, lightning never will be fizzle proof. But yeah, sometimes fizzle can help. Like if you get this really good card right after you fizzle, and it needs the pip you were about to use, or maybe you didn't mean to cast that smell, it works!
- Pengred09fluffy

well you can't do anything about the fizzling. it comes randomly. hope this helps! :P

Survivor
Aug 27, 2010
Lately the fizzling has become ridiculous. I have a lvl 40 ice mage and fizzle my main school spells over and over and over, fight after fight after fight. And it isn't just a bad run of fights on a certain day- it's every day. I can see fizzling occasionally and certainly expect to do so, but this is nuts. I'm at the point where I dont want to even bother playing her because it has become so frustrating.
Developers, please take note.

Survivor
May 08, 2010
Suposedly Storm fizzles the most. The reason being that the storm spells have very low %!!!
Fire is good because it has a balance of power and accuracy....
Hope this helps!!

Survivor
Mar 27, 2010
marstn wrote:
I don't think there is a worse word to see on the screen! I can stand a few, after all you need a little bit of annoyance to keep the adrenline up. I understand that.... but a little bit goes a long way! When you are getting fizzles almost every dual, that's too much. I've noticed that when you think you can finish off your enemy quickly because your electric bats have just come up, you use them....... fizzle! Why is it that the fizzles pretty much happen with the storm spells more than the others? Is it the game or is it me? Am I doing something wrong to get all these fizzles? It has become beyond annoying, and is now down right irritating!

.... marstn

I think when your doing storm spells it needs to be 1 or 2 pips stronger.
Hope this Helps. XD

Defender
Jan 28, 2010
Here is something i have noticed. I am balance and life. Life is my second school. mostly for healing. But My healing cards have been fizzling allot. Even the one with 100% i can understand fizzles but why would one with 100% fizzle and so many times. Also my balance is fizzling too annoying but nothing can be done about it. i just wanted to add that.

Survivor
Jun 05, 2009
I am tired of storm fizzling alot! If you guys of wizard 101 get please if you don't mind if you raise storms accuracey by 5%i would thank you :) level 25 MYTH and 16 DIVINER wizards

Defender
Oct 09, 2010
Well I'll be darned... I choose Storm as my secondary school. Through, my storm cards act like they have 85% accuracy instead of 70%.

-Megan Frostcaster Lvl.30 Magus

Delver
Mar 18, 2010
Storm fizzles so much because its attacks have so much power. To counteract the power it fizzles more.

I want a Legendary Fizzle badge for my characters *Hint hint KI*.

Megan

Explorer
Sep 05, 2010
If your worrying about fizzling with an ice mage, then your probably crazy. Think about if you were storm! They have problems with that every time they're in ANY battle at all.

Otherwise, if your that worried, get clothing that boosts accuracy for those spells. If you can't find any in regular stores, make sure you check Bazaar!

Survivor
Aug 28, 2010
Yeah I hate it when spells fizzle.......... I laugh at my cousin because he has Storm and Fire as his schools........ Lucky for me my spells don't usually fizzle I have Balance and Death.