Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Buying Wings with Gold

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 27, 2010
Do you think we'll ever be able to buy wings with gold? I'm a Death Wizard and none of the mounts really go with my school except for the wings. I've got enough saved up for any mount but I don't to waste it on a dragon or tiger if there is a possibility we'll every be able to buy wings with gold.

Kyle TitanRider
Level 42 Master Necromancer

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2009
Candyman260 wrote:
Do you think we'll ever be able to buy wings with gold? I'm a Death Wizard and none of the mounts really go with my school except for the wings. I've got enough saved up for any mount but I don't to waste it on a dragon or tiger if there is a possibility we'll every be able to buy wings with gold.

Kyle TitanRider

I hate to say it, but I doubt the wings will ever be for gold. They're crowns only, and I don't think KI would change that.

Survivor
May 02, 2010
Candyman260 wrote:

Kyle TitanRider
i dont think so

rogan thunderblood level 26 pyromancer

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Apparently, those haven't been converted to gold as a purchase option.

What's wrong with a Black Stallion? That would go well with Death outfits.

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
Um the cheapest color combination for death school clothes is silver and white. I bought the white wings because they went so well with my necromancers clothes. (all of my necromancers clothes are silver and white, because I am cheap.) Using the pick colors option in the bazzar can give quite a discount. If the OP has noticed this, then a black stallion would not really match their outfits at all. Though, I have heard, black goes with everything....

I think that wing type mounts will eventually be sold for gold, however, many more mounts will have to be added to the crown shop before that happens. How many months are you willing to wait?

Survivor
Aug 27, 2010
Thank you all for posting. I'm not a big fan of the horses, they look kind of goofy to me. As for the color scheme of my clothes, I tend to go the cheap route, like zebulous, and go with white/silver, sometimes throwing in red.

I ended up just buying a bengal because I like it the most of all the mounts, save the wings. I figured sooner or later the wings would be converted to having a gold-option but I'm not sure I'll be sticking around long enough to see that happen. Again, thanks for your replies.

Delver
Apr 02, 2010
On the top of my list of things that players should be able to buy with gold instead of crowns is retraining. That one really annoys. For instance, I didn't understand that a level 12 necromancer is going to have a hard time soloing the Sunken City; I even trained Myth Shield thinking that was what I was supposed to do to get more coverage from those three dudes at the beginning. And I was wrong. Later on, I broke down and did a retrain to get spells I found I really could use.

Mounts are a different story; at least KI offers a few for gold, if you want to spend crown to get a horse or whatever so be it.

But I can see your point, maybe those nicer mounts should go for like 100,000+ gold as well as crowns. Think of it this way KI, if it takes time to get gold, then that can lead to another month's worth of play, and another month's billing.

What I don't like is how hard it is to find the mounts for gold in the upper left hand corner Crowns shop. I think every item, whether crowns or gold, should be moved to locations in the game, with the exception of course of hired minions. I mean really, do you need or even want to buy a house while fighting Malistaire.