Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Interactive and useful Housing items

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 08, 2010
I have some ideas on how to improve houses and their usefulness, instead of being 60-100K eye candy.

1. Have interactive furniture: When you walk up to a bar stool, chair, couch, bed, etc you can press the X key to sit or lay down.

2. Regenerating items: When someone sits down at a dinner table that has a placesetting (Grizzleheim sells recipes for this), food is generated for consumption. This consumption can be a random number to regenerate health, mana or both (perhaps a recipe for food determines this).

3. Beds regenerate: When someone logs off with 10 health and 1 mana for the evening, they return to.. 10 health and 1 mana. The addition to resting in your bed when you log off can regenerate health and mana, even at small amounts. Friends could also stay there, maybe one per bed (meaning if someone is resting no one can use that bed), so people with large houses can create an inn of sorts.

4. Wisp generating fountains: These fountains would generate a health/mana/both wisp. The amount generated at any given time could be say 3, as to avoid 10K at your home. This could be beneficial to you and friends.

5. Reagent farms: This was posted by another user, so I will not take any credit. This would give an excellent addition to rare reagents for you and friends.

I may add more as I think of some, but feel free to add your own. Hopefully some can come to fruition and be added.

Survivor
Oct 20, 2009
I also think that having more interactive/useful furniture would be a great thing!

Mastermind
Jan 01, 2010
Totally agree. Greate ideas! (Though as Zeke said earlier, given this game is for kids, not likely going to allow sleeping in beds.) But wisp fountains and being able to gain life at a place setting are very creative.

Hopefully KI will work on this after Celestia!!!

Explorer
Jul 08, 2010
Well I wouldnt have people sleep in beds when others are there. A message like "You cannot rest here" if someone is in the bed would suffice. Even if only the owner can use his bed, a prompt to press X to log off and goto sleep would be nice.

Would still be kid friendly, I am sure they have to sleep sometime lol.

Defender
Aug 11, 2009
This topic: "No interaction" may be of interest to you.
https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/24436.ftl#129741

Prospector Zeke wrote:
Please take a moment to re-read your post and remember this is a game rated E10. Players will NOT be laying on beds.

As for other ways to interact with furniture, this is an often suggested idea that we have on our list of things to consider for the future.

Have fun!!! :) :) :)

Defender
Jun 13, 2009
rubyb23 wrote:
I have some ideas on how to improve houses and their usefulness, instead of being 60-100K eye candy.

1. Have interactive furniture: When you walk up to a bar stool, chair, couch, bed, etc you can press the X key to sit or lay down.

2. Regenerating items: When someone sits down at a dinner table that has a placesetting (Grizzleheim sells recipes for this), food is generated for consumption. This consumption can be a random number to regenerate health, mana or both (perhaps a recipe for food determines this).

3. Beds regenerate: When someone logs off with 10 health and 1 mana for the evening, they return to.. 10 health and 1 mana. The addition to resting in your bed when you log off can regenerate health and mana, even at small amounts. Friends could also stay there, maybe one per bed (meaning if someone is resting no one can use that bed), so people with large houses can create an inn of sorts.

4. Wisp generating fountains: These fountains would generate a health/mana/both wisp. The amount generated at any given time could be say 3, as to avoid 10K at your home. This could be beneficial to you and friends.

5. Reagent farms: This was posted by another user, so I will not take any credit. This would give an excellent addition to rare reagents for you and friends.

I may add more as I think of some, but feel free to add your own. Hopefully some can come to fruition and be added.
awesome, though the bed thing could be inappropriate, maybe you could walk up to a bed if you house owner [no one else could even see the bed and you CANT move it] and press x, then the option log off would pop up, if you logged off, you would start regenerating health, ooh maybe you could upgrade your bed so it gies more health? but remember, as zeke said, inappropriate things might happen if people were lying on beds and others could see them, even if only one person can be on a bed at a time