Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

crafting crisis RE: i did it already!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 12, 2009
i've noticed a small problem with crafting well not exactly but you know how your backpack fills up once and a while from all the drop from bosses and roamers well just the other day i my orthrus and i wanted to rank up in crafting so i could craft cool stuff and awesome foods for my pet. So i wason the "ring of insight" quest and i had crafted to ring of insights and it said i had completed it but i went there and he said you haven't done it yet i got confused and went to my bank well the ring of insight had been trashed because whenever you craft something with your backback full it gets trashed so just to people who have the same problem or just happen to read this this is how you fix it, hope it helps :-)

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
Once you craft a crafting quest item you still get credit for crafting it even if you sell the item or it gets trashed. Instead of having to get all the ingredients to make it again you can simply purchase the item from the bazaar or wherever you can find it. You end the quest when you hand over the items but as long as you have crafted enough of them it does not matter if the actual items you turn in are self-crafted or otherwise obtained.

Defender
Jul 15, 2009
Occasionally, someone will either a)inadvertently sell or b)trash or otherwise lose an item you just crafted. This is always a good time to reflect on why it is a good idea to either sell items in your backpack on a regular basis, or store them in your bank for safe keeping.

Once you have crafted the item, the quest will recognize that, whether or not you have the item in question. You just need two rings of insight to give. At this point, the game does not 'care' if you made them, or bought them at the bazaar.

Unfortunately, those are your two options. For something as simple as a ring of insight, I could go either way. It will likely depend most on how your reagent reserves are.

Survivor
May 23, 2009
dylanforwalk wrote:
i've noticed a small problem with crafting well not exactly but you know how your backpack fills up once and a while from all the drop from bosses and roamers well just the other day i my orthrus and i wanted to rank up in crafting so i could craft cool stuff and awesome foods for my pet. So i wason the "ring of insight" quest and i had crafted to ring of insights and it said i had completed it but i went there and he said you haven't done it yet i got confused and went to my bank well the ring of insight had been trashed because whenever you craft something with your backback full it gets trashed so just to people who have the same problem or just happen to read this this is how you fix it, hope it helps :-)
I HAVE NO IDEA! I am so sorry I couldn't help you. I think you should say something to the Wizard101 makers. Hope this helps! :D Robert Dragonhunter.

Hero
May 27, 2009
Are you sure you didn't sell those rings by mistake, or perhaps craft something else instead of the Ring of Insight? Typically, when your backpack is full, you aren't allowed to craft any gear that would require an open slot in your pack.

There are normally some Ring of Insights available at the Bazaar. Just buy a couple and turn in the task. If it still won't let you turn it in when you have the two rings in your backpack, then you'll know you crafted something else instead and must really craft the rings.

Defender
Jun 12, 2009
i guess i had a full backpack at the time so i must watch out for that especially when i make it to master artistian crafting that stuff but i know i crafted two of them i looked in my bank, not there, then shared bank not there, i checked a bout a million times in my backpack and i only had one anyone have any idea where it could have been so it doesnt happen in the future,? or to any other players?

ethan legend blade lvl 48 myth

apprentice crafter