Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Remove Poison from Death Incarnate?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 02, 2009
Hello, I am Kane Shadowbringer, Grand Master Necromancer.

I would like to get a little feedback from my fellow Death students about this, because I am curiouse to know if others are annoyed by it. The final Minion we can summon is of course the Death Incarnate. He is pretty nasty and good to have in a pinch but I was very upset when I saw that he casted Poison. Here is why I believe it is... well to put it bluntly... silly and counterproductive.
First I want to point out that it takes 14 pips which is of course a minimum of 7 rounds assuming we can pull in constant Power Pips. Now I have never seen a student of ANY school go 7 rounds just doing nothing. What I am saying here is that to pass these rounds we use Blades, Shields, and Traps. Personally as a Death student, when my Death Incarnate comes out and in as little as 2 rounds drops poison on the enemy... i get furious! I once had him break over 5 traps with it.
Second point here is that a Death student's survival mainly depends on being able to set up a few things like Feint and Blades before attacking so that he keeps up his life. This is pretty hard to do when poison ticks are knocking any trap off each round. I nearly lost a couple boss fights because of this because the damage I took while gathering the 14 pips to summon him added to the damage I took in the next few rounds gaining pips to attack was ALOT more than what I got back. My 30% base damage bonus on a Wraith can pull off around 250 extra damage but gaining a total of 375 Health back did not even come close to what I had lost. I was using shields too!!!
Well in the end, I banished the Minion card from my deck and told it to never come back, but I do miss it. Now you have heard my tale, what do you guys and gals think?

Defender
Aug 15, 2009
I agree poison given by death minion gets in the way of set ups almost to the point that you would delete him as a friend. And what really bugs me more than that is when those death minions cast doom and gloom. Srsly. For one that is almost the most useless spell of the whole game because there is no enemy this side of that silly hard tower in mb that uses anything above sprite. and more times than not they use pixie niether of which warrents the waste of time to cast doom and gloom to half healing benefits especially when ya can cast satyr and dryad spells. Talk about shooting self in foot.
So, yeah death minions are fun and help a lot but they can do without poison and doom and gloom unless...

Life minion can cast sanctuary and dryad
Balance minion (mander) can cast helping hands and power play
Myth minion ( cyclops) can cast time of legend and frog

ok basically that other schools minions can cast school based global enchantment and a pretty tough second spell than they currently do.

Mastermind
Jan 01, 2010
Personally I find most of the minions annoying, other than the Storm minion which is crucial for Storm's survival and the helpful mander which is great.

Fire minion generally throws fire elf. Not all that helpful and a trap eater. Death's heavier duty minions also take a long time to warm up. Life's minion mostly heals herself. And you never know what you're going to get with Balance's other minion which can be disastrous against elementals.

As for Myth's minions, Cyclops takes a long time to warm up and invariably throws Storm shark against Storm enemies. The Puppet is helpful as a zero pip spell: once he starts attacking the enemies tend to focus on him, so he makes a good shield. I don't yet have the Minotaur but am looking forward to it as I understand it primarily taunts like the Storm minion.

So, in short, I don't use any of the minions for attacking enemies. They invariably eat traps with low level spells, attack the "wrong" enemy and otherwise throw spells that aren't that helpful. I would much prefer to save my pips and knock out one of the low level enemies first. Anyway, that's my two cents!

Delver
Jul 04, 2010
No, minions should keep poison because at least it an effective attack. If anything, minions should lose doom and gloom.

When you know you are going to use a minion, you should only use wards, shields, and swords until you know which target the minion will attack. In my experience, the minion will always focus on one target until it's dead. My favorite minion to summon is the level 5 ghost because usually it will do: two rounds of buff, fire elf, 4 rounds of buffs and then kraken. But, if that fizzles it'll cast vampire then repeat the loop.

Also, you might not want to use more than 3 power pips when calling a minion because when i wait for more, i find the minion isn't as effective and I've already lost more life than i care too. Plus, from my experience, they might cast doom and gloom twice in a row.

Defender
Apr 03, 2010
f1ng3br1ts0n wrote:
I agree poison given by death minion gets in the way of set ups almost to the point that you would delete him as a friend. And what really bugs me more than that is when those death minions cast doom and gloom. Srsly. For one that is almost the most useless spell of the whole game because there is no enemy this side of that silly hard tower in mb that uses anything above sprite. and more times than not they use pixie niether of which warrents the waste of time to cast doom and gloom to half healing benefits especially when ya can cast satyr and dryad spells. Talk about shooting self in foot.
So, yeah death minions are fun and help a lot but they can do without poison and doom and gloom unless...

Life minion can cast sanctuary and dryad
Balance minion (mander) can cast helping hands and power play
Myth minion ( cyclops) can cast time of legend and frog

ok basically that other schools minions can cast school based global enchantment and a pretty tough second spell than they currently do.

actually, life minions cant use sanctuary OR dryad, and myth cyclops canr cast time of legend OR frog.