Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

That will be more exciting!

AuthorMessage
Historian
May 28, 2009
I will like more in W101 is not a damage turn game. I wish it can be more Like Legend of Zelda kind game. Which mean if you are good, you can avoid all the attack and not getting hurt. When you get close to an enemie, there will apperent a kind of barrier around you and the monster. And you will duel with the monster in the circle barrier. No one other can enter. You can parry the enemie's attacks and stun like card will be like make the opponent immoblize for some seconds. The totorial will be like you are stuned when the other attack. And your attack will not fizzle. You can only miss the monster or he dodge it. Power will be the same for all school. There will be something like target following attacks and shields will be like a transparent ball who flash that school's symbol. Fire attacks will be like this:

Rank one: A fire ball.

Rank 2: Two fire ball collide who spin and fly toward the enemie.

Rank 3: A flashing fire seed. If he touch the enemie, it explod.

R4: Like the holes in the meteor strike attack: A giant hole like that come, And send meteors that only try to atack the enemie. But dodgeble.

R5: Click on the enemie. If he is in it, he trap. Is a round fire look stuff, trap the enemie, and burn it.

R6: Flaming shock waves: Your character start to Harden and unleash three shock waves. Looks like the wave attack that the final boss in Dragon ball, Revenge of king Piccolo' does .

R7:Blazer's beam: Your character start to charge a beam and say a Magical word (Don't say 'The blast of turtle' when you are casting it, it will be too silly.) Blast! That beam last ten seconds. The user can move at anytime and jump. Opponent can jump, duck and move to try dodge it.

For Ice:

R1: One hand casting icy ball.

R2: One hand strike the floor and make a stray icy strike. Looks like the dig attack of Pokemons. When it hit the battle dome, it pierce out a ice spike and disapperent.

R3:......

( I am out of ideas now, i will edit it when i got new ideas. Hope you enjoyed the idea.)

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2009
ELECTRIC333 wrote:
I will like more in W101 is not a damage turn game. I wish it can be more Like Legend of Zelda kind game. Which mean if you are good, you can avoid all the attack and not getting hurt. When you get close to an enemie, there will apperent a kind of barrier around you and the monster. And you will duel with the monster in the circle barrier. No one other can enter. You can parry the enemie's attacks and stun like card will be like make the opponent immoblize for some seconds. The totorial will be like you are stuned when the other attack. And your attack will not fizzle. You can only miss the monster or he dodge it. Power will be the same for all school. There will be something like target following attacks and shields will be like a transparent ball who flash that school's symbol. Fire attacks will be like this:

R4: Like the holes in the meteor strike attack: A giant hole like that come, And send meteors that only try to atack the enemie. But dodgeble.

R5: Click on the enemie. If he is in it, he trap. Is a round fire look stuff, trap the enemie, and burn it.

R6: Flaming shock waves: Your character start to Harden and unleash three shock waves. Looks like the wave attack that the final boss in Dragon ball, Revenge of king Piccolo' does .

R7:Blazer's beam: Your character start to charge a beam and say a Magical word (Don't say 'The blast of turtle' when you are casting it, it will be too silly.) Blast! That beam last ten seconds. The user can move at anytime and jump. Opponent can jump, duck and move to try dodge it.

For Ice:

R2: One hand strike the floor and make a stray icy strike. Looks like the dig attack of Pokemons. When it hit the battle dome, it pierce out a ice spike and disapperent.

( I am out of ideas now, i will edit it when i got new ideas. Hope you enjoyed the idea.)

No offense, but ABSOLUTELY NO WAY!! No way will they change the combat EVER! And probably most people who play wizard101 like it how it is. The turn based combat is one of the main gameplay features! I can't believe anyone would want to change it!!

No way, they will NOT change it into the Legend of Zelda or whatever! It will stay the way it is.

No offense.

Mastermind
Jan 01, 2010
Um yeah, not going to happen. The whole point of W101 is the alternate turn combat. The primary goal is to learn the strategy behind spell casting and to use it more efficiently than your enemy.

Maybe there could be some arena area where this might work though.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
lol... I don't like GOD Mode of not being hit, the game is too easy as it is

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
I don't know about the game being too easy, like seasnake said, but I like this mode of combat. There are too many MMORPG games where the mode of combat is like Legends of Zelda online; maybe you should go play one of those.

Survivor
Aug 21, 2010
One of the reasons i came to this game was the combat style. If you don't like it, there are other games out there.

Historian
May 28, 2009
seasnake wrote:

What do you mean"GOD"? The way i say is like to make the monbat faster. Like you just slash with a sword and the enemie use back flip and fire bearth and something. Like in some other MMO RPGs. And the combat music will play when get close to an monster and it looks at you. The current combat way is too slow. I can even do my homewirk when i enter a combat. Like when i cast a spell, i just turn and do HWs And is the spell chosing scene, i will go chose a spell. And if is like i say, the game is more like strategy game instead of a you attack, other attack, you other you other.......

My mom say that too stupid to just strike and other strike. Oh enter! Slash, boom! Oh that close! Parry it! Oh! Nice! Firebreath, back flip! (Battling a dinalfos in LoZ OoT.)

Champion
Jan 27, 2009
ELECTRIC333 wrote:
seasnake wrote:

What do you mean"GOD"? The way i say is like to make the monbat faster. Like you just slash with a sword and the enemie use back flip and fire bearth and something. Like in some other MMO RPGs. And the combat music will play when get close to an monster and it looks at you. The current combat way is too slow. I can even do my homewirk when i enter a combat. Like when i cast a spell, i just turn and do HWs And is the spell chosing scene, i will go chose a spell. And if is like i say, the game is more like strategy game instead of a you attack, other attack, you other you other.......

My mom say that too stupid to just strike and other strike. Oh enter! Slash, boom! Oh that close! Parry it! Oh! Nice! Firebreath, back flip! (Battling a dinalfos in LoZ OoT.)

The entire combat system of the game will NEVER be changed, if you don't like it i suggest Aion or WoW

Explorer
Jan 03, 2010
This idea is horrible. The game's combat feature is to set up a battling moves like chess. If wizard101 change that I'm never ever going to play wizard101ever again

Yes,offense

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
No offense, but I think the Legend of Zelda games were kind of boring and those ideas weren't the best exactly! Wizard101's spells CAN'T be changed now. I hate the idea of dodging also, I mean if you are a good level with good robes you really don't need the DODGING features. I also do not like the only you can join features. I don't think that will ever go far as an idea. It seems strange that every school has the same power, judging that storm has giant damage compared to other schools. Also, why are you taking ideas from other games, like The Legend of Zelda and why are you taking an idea from King Piccolo, and the idea from Pokemon? I will bring back the one-person-duel thing. I hate the idea that if you have to be ALONE. EVERYONE needs a time to use a friend to help once in a while, like in the Warehouse, or if you are a person playing with the family and you like playing with them, or if you have a friend in real life and you both play Wizard101.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
ELECTRIC333 wrote:
The current combat way is too slow. I can even do my homewirk when i enter a combat. Like when i cast a spell, i just turn and do HWs And is the spell chosing scene, i will go chose a spell.

I think it is wonderful that people can do their homework while playing this game as they should be doing their homework as opposed to playing a more intensive game and not doing it.

Historian
May 28, 2009
mman17 wrote:
No offense, but I think the Legend of Zelda games were kind of boring and those ideas weren't the best exactly! Wizard101's spells CAN'T be changed now. I hate the idea of dodging also, I mean if you are a good level with good robes you really don't need the DODGING features. I also do not like the only you can join features. I don't think that will ever go far as an idea. It seems strange that every school has the same power, judging that storm has giant damage compared to other schools. Also, why are you taking ideas from other games, like The Legend of Zelda and why are you taking an idea from King Piccolo, and the idea from Pokemon? I will bring back the one-person-duel thing. I hate the idea that if you have to be ALONE. EVERYONE needs a time to use a friend to help once in a while, like in the Warehouse, or if you are a person playing with the family and you like playing with them, or if you have a friend in real life and you both play Wizard101.

About the stuff out of the game i want to say is: About the dragon ball stuff what i want to say is that the final boss has a move that i want to have for fire if is not damage turn. The dig Pokemon stuff is that like a mole, you throun the ground and hit the enemie.

And why no body want it to be more excited? If you don't like only you and the creature, you just have too like a kind of bubble show up and when a player or monster get close to it and there is still place for it to enter, it enter the battle ring. Player too, But no player or monster who entered can get out. If there is four player and monsters in the ring, the ring will close to others. Can this solve the battle prob?

Explorer
May 09, 2009
ELECTRIC333 wrote:
mman17 wrote:

About the stuff out of the game i want to say is: About the dragon ball stuff what i want to say is that the final boss has a move that i want to have for fire if is not damage turn. The dig Pokemon stuff is that like a mole, you throun the ground and hit the enemie.

And why no body want it to be more excited? If you don't like only you and the creature, you just have too like a kind of bubble show up and when a player or monster get close to it and there is still place for it to enter, it enter the battle ring. Player too, But no player or monster who entered can get out. If there is four player and monsters in the ring, the ring will close to others. Can this solve the battle prob?

I don't think there is a problem to the battle system. I don't think its exciting to just shoot fireballs if your fire or shoot iceballs if your ice. I think the current battle system is great with all the cool spells.

Champion
Jan 27, 2009
ELECTRIC333 wrote:
mman17 wrote:

Your not getting it! No one wants it to change and it's not going to change. END OF STORY!

P.S. If you don't like it then get a WoW or Aion account

Historian
May 28, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
I don't know about the game being too easy, like seasnake said, but I like this mode of combat. There are too many MMORPG games where the mode of combat is like Legends of Zelda online; maybe you should go play one of those.

There is a zelda game online? I mean is that real? Where? What the site name? Which kind of character will be we playing on? Is that as exciting as the other in consoles? :D mood: Excited, surprized, waiting for an answer.

Historian
May 28, 2009
catboy2197 wrote:
ELECTRIC333 wrote:

For Ice:

No offense, but ABSOLUTELY NO WAY!! No way will they change the combat EVER! And probably most people who play wizard101 like it how it is. The turn based combat is one of the main gameplay features! I can't believe anyone would want to change it!!

No way, they will NOT change it into the Legend of Zelda or whatever! It will stay the way it is.

No offense.

Seriously, guys. Positif things? Post some!

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
ELECTRIC333 wrote:
mman17 wrote:

Have to admit, I am a bit tired of the regular old spells. Maybe you should be able to get those spells from your swords/staffs/wands.

Champion
Jan 27, 2009
ELECTRIC333 wrote:
catboy2197 wrote:
ELECTRIC333 wrote:

For Ice:

No offense.

Sorry, there aren't any

Historian
May 28, 2009
thunderbird120 wrote:
ELECTRIC333 wrote:
mman17 wrote:

Your not getting it! No one wants it to change and it's not going to change. END OF STORY!

P.S. If you don't like it then get a WoW or Aion account

No end of story! I have finally a topic who has many visitors and posts! Post some more! I can finally make my own very first hot topic!

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2009
ELECTRIC333 wrote:
catboy2197 wrote:
ELECTRIC333 wrote:

For Ice:

No offense.

There is absolutely NOTHING positive about you idea.

Historian
May 28, 2009
OK then, since no one liked this idea, I think maybe someone could test it or atleast make a "member world" Which you could make this kind of playing, think about it guys, if you don't want totally change the game like that, have a specific place who do like this, cheer!