Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Once a month Better Homes Competition

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
To recognize the better homes in Wizard101, I suggest a monthy housing contest per house type. To be included into the competition your house must be nominated by others at least X number of time, or if that would enter too many houses in the competition, the houses with the most nominations would be included in the competition (to limit cheating only grandmasters would be allowed to nominate/vote and only one nomination/vote is allowed per acccount per house).

The winners would recieve a permanent Better Homes Winner badge, have their winning house permanently displayed as it was when it won the competition on a past winners page for that house type along with a short housing description written by the winner (allowing people to better browse the house types of the houses they might want to get), and every time someone enters their winning house a Better Homes screen pops up for a second or two before players enter their house announcing to everyone that they are entering an award winning house.

Every month players have three weeks in which to nominate homes, at the end of that time the players whose houses are included in the monthly competition are given an ingame message telling them that their house has been nominated into the competition and are given a 24 hour clock to make final adjustments to their homes and type in a short description on a housing competion page describing their homes. A game announcement is then made instructing everyone that it is time to vote for their favorite house of each type. At the end of that week the house of each type with the most player votes wins the better housing award. Houses that win the award can't be nominated again. Players with mutiple homes can have more than one house in a competion at a time and players can have more than one winning house.

You may want to suggest this contest to the Fan Sites!

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Survivor
Jan 30, 2009
i love this idea its amazing :-) :) :-) :) :-) :) :-) :)

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
Prospector Zeke wrote:
You may want to suggest this contest to the Fan Sites!

the fan sites won't be able to replicate player houses or give badges or create a better homes page before entering ... from your response it seems you read the title but nothing I wrote.

That was my polite way of saying that we will not be holding a contest such as this, and perhaps the fansites would be able to adapt your idea.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.