Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard City open to everyone

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
Whenever I've played Wizard101 I've always seen people who don't have subscriptions (and don't want to get them) all over Wizard City who want to go to the three places that you can't go if you don't have a subscription Firecat Alley, Cyclops Lane, and Colossus Boulevard, so I think Wizard101 should let all of Wizard City open to all the players.

Samuel Lotusfinder
lvl 46 Thuarmatuge

Wizard101 has a free to play area that everyone is invited to enjoy for as long as they want, however every school has a tuition.

If players wish to explore beyond Triton Avenue, they will need to purchase time in the game with a subscription, or areas in the game with crowns.

Remember, players can EARN Crowns!
Go to https://www.wizard101.com/game?context=iaf .
Follow the instructions and start Earning Crowns that will allow the purchase of Premium areas and items Wizard101.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Explorer
Jul 08, 2010
I would also like to suggest that WC is open to all people as the free trial.

To me, completing a part of the quest would increase the rate of subscriptions/crown purchases as they feel they have accomplished far more then a couple areas. By completing WC, they would be more apt to complete Spiral as a whole.

Alternately I would like to suggest that if a person has spent 1+ years paying for a subscription, they should get more then the few streets on a trial. By spending over 100 dollars, they may be strapped financially (new child, loss of job/layoff, etc.) and not able to maintain subscription or purchase crowns. I would like to look at this as a reward so to speak for being a valued customer. Again, I think all of Wizard City should be available to these players, who are likely Grandmasters and have supported Wizard for the extended time financially. After the year, they could be classed into a different category then Subscription and Free Trial, perhaps Extended Trial.

It just seems a little wrong to restrict someone who has spent hundreds of dollars to only the few areas a lvl 10 can go to.