Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can you trade pets?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 19, 2008
Administrator
Pets, like other items cannot be traded.
You can rename your pets at the Dye Shop, and you can trade Treasure Cards.
If you really don't want your pet, Shopkeepers will purchase it from you.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
Are we able to trade actual items aside from TC's?
Me & a friend want to swap out items & she wants to buy me something from Zeke since I'm running low on crowns.
I've seen items that say "no trade", so how do you trade items?

Administrator
You don't.

The only items that can be traded between accounts are Treasure Cards.

Items can be traded between wizards on your own account, by using the Shared Bank in your Dorm room. No Trade flags indicate that the item cannot be placed in the Shared Bank.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Survivor
May 15, 2009
I notice some weapons and items say "no trade" on them. Does this mean that we are/will be able to trade items with other characters?

Administrator
The label is a little misleading.

Most items can be traded with other characters on your same account through the Shared Bank in your dorm or house.

This only allows players to exchange items between characters on their account, and not between characters on two different accounts.

We also have an upcoming feature called a Bazaar, that allows you to sell items to a shopkeeper and items that you sell appear for others to purchase. For more information on this upcoming feature, keep an eye on the Ravenwood News under the News tab on the left.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
Could we please trade pets with our other wizards? Like putting them in the shared bank? I know I'd like to put some of my pets from my gift cards for my lower wizards. Or, can we at least trade the Jade Oni pet we bought? I needed these pets when I was lower, but now I think I should pass them on to my lower wizards. Thanks and please put some thought into this!

Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
Hi there.

I really would like it if we could trade pets with our other wizard. Like putting them in the shared bank. I know you can trade some pets, but the ones I want to trade with my lower wizards are No Trade. An example of this is a gift card pet. I want to trade a pet that can help my lower wizard. Another example is crown item pets. I really wish we could trade Storm Hound or Jade Oni!

Anyways, thank you and please put some thought into this!

Survivor
May 15, 2009
I agree! I think we should trade pets! I really want to trade my Happy Piggle to my lower wizard, but it is "No Trade" as well. I also would like to give Storm Hound to my other wizard too, but again, it is "No Trade" as well. :(

Please KingsIsle! Let us trade pets to our other wizards!

Survivor
Aug 23, 2009
I also agree. We should be able to share all pets, items, crowns , gold...ect within our own account, but only within our account or family acount. This would make thing more customable for us.

Survivor
May 24, 2009
I totally agree with this. My brother got a Scout pig. He already had a scout pig so he couldn't give the pet to my game . You really should be able to trade pets with other wizards on your account.

Defender
Jul 01, 2008
Survivor
Sep 19, 2008
Yes now i do know that you can trade pets to your lower lvls through shared bank.

Michael LifeWard lvl 49 wizard

Defender
Jan 07, 2009
I just got this pair of shoes that says "no trade" on them, are we back to that or is it a bug?

Survivor
Nov 19, 2009
Hi,
I have a question. I got a copy of the magazine with the Fog Unicorn code and now have a Fog Unicorn and I bought one of the gift cards this month for the seasonal pet. Both of these pets (and probably other things I just haven't discovered yet) are assigned to a specific avatar. My question is ... What happens to the pet if the avatar it is assigned to is deleted, either by accident or on purpose??? This hasn't happened to me YET. But I asked a friend and he didn't know, so maybe someone out there can tell me.
Thanks

Administrator
To answer both your posts on the same subject, when you delete a Wizard, everything on that Wizard is also deleted. If you have No Trade items on those Wizards, they too will be deleted.

If you accidentally delete a Wizard, (which is very difficult to do, since we make you confirm your request, email Mr Lincoln immediate at support@wizard101.com with a polite request to restore your character.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
May 22, 2009
Administrator
Treasure Cards are the only items that can be traded between players. Try to collect the most powerful cards by trading with your friends!

To trade treasure cards with a nearby friend, open your Friends List and search for the person with whom you want to trade. Click on that person and then click on trade.

A screen will open (like the one above) that allows you to place whichever cards you want to from your section called ‘My Stuff’. When you click on one of your cards in ‘My Stuff’ it is transferred over to the left side of the screen. Once you and your friend agree on the trade, click Trade and the cards will automatically be transferred to the other player.

Remember if you do not think the trade is fair, or the other person is trading a 'code' to you, but no cards, DO NOT ACCEPT THE TRADE. Buyer beware.

community@wizard101.com
Defender
May 09, 2009
ok here is my idea considering all the times me and other players have wanted to trade items directly (ones you cant sell at the bazaar)

we should be able to trade items such as grandmaster hats, boots, robes, athames, rings or even lower level items.

when i was farming for shoes with a friend i got my friends fire boots and he got my storm boots. we where saying that we really should be able to trade items.

so KI i think that this would make A LOT of people happy without having to risk other people buying stuff they want at the bazaar. the only exeption to the trading would be already purchased crown items.

i know what some of you are thinking well why not take the time to just farm for the item you want. well i agree and i do take the time to farm and i am patient but it would be really handy to trade your items dirrectly to another wizard. as for the bazaar. say your friend has a really good fire roob thats lvl 35 and your dying to have it. AND it can be sold at the bazaar. so you get ready and your friend hits sell and then yes and says "GO GO GO"

and you hit X then robes then you wait for it to load. you click school then level you rush to lvl 35 gear you see it! its the only one their you click it and hit buy then its say "transaction could not be completed" NOOOOOO it had already been bought. doesnt that make you wish you could have gotten that robe directly from your friend?

This has been asked and answered before.

The only thing that can be traded between players on different accounts are Treasure Cards. Items cannot be traded and this is not a feature that will come to Wizard101.

The Shared Banks is there to allow you to trade items between characters on the same account login. If your Death Wizard receives a great hat for an Ice Wizard, you can place it in your Shared Bank and log in as your Ice Wizard to access the new hat.

The Bazaar in Olde Town allows you to sell items that other Wizards can purchase. The prices are set by the shopkeeper based on supply and demand of the items in his inventory.

Gifting allows you to purchase an item for Crowns and Gift it to a Friend at time of purchase.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Survivor
Nov 16, 2009
Ok, i would just like to ask how did the trade sytem change - on how you cant trade your own school spells - help the people of PVP.

First of all, the maim issue was WILD BOLT, by changing the trade sytem, you may have cut down the number of people who use WILD BOLT, but it did not decrease the number of storm students using this deadly spell.

I know how it feels to be bolted, i lost my chance to be commander to that spell. But I have to admit, I do have a storm guy who has learnt that spell, and it is awesome. But the main thing is to not allow anymore WILD BOLTS in PVP. It may be a great use in PVE but it's really annoying when you get beaten by a storm student who knows how to use the WILD BOLT and then you get another match with another WILD BOLT user. I mean come one, this is so annoying.

So how has changing the trade system stop WILD BOLTS?

Logan SwiftSword - LEVEL 50 - GrandMaster Fire - Now Knight

Historian
May 15, 2009
if they got rid of wild bolt they would have to get rid of other things players would whine about.
first it would be wild bolt, then it would be triton or storm lord.
then fire dragon and so forth its just players who dont know how to shield properly.
i myself have had issues with wild bolters SO since i am storm it makes me feel pathetic so i maxed out my storm deck with storm shields (7 copies)
and my problem was solved

Survivor
Dec 12, 2008
I agree, they need do to something, you cant stop it on the very first turn when they bolt you and they go first, and then when they keep hitting you, what are you supposed to do? i mean nobodys deck is all storm shields, i dont know if they should take it out, maybe make it more pips? weaken the damage? just change something at least because i lose matches all the time to people who constantly bolt, and i cant even do anything about it

Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
I have a pet or two that i dont want yet we cant trade them. We cant sell them at the auction and if we sell it a shop we get only 30 to 40 gold out of them. then what? :?

The only items that can be traded between two different account logins are Non-Enchanted Treasure Cards. This will not change.

Many items can be traded between wizards on your own account login, by using the Shared Bank in your Dorm room. No Trade flags indicate that the item cannot be placed in the Shared Bank.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.