Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hatching With Hydra (Hybrid)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 04, 2010
So what pet should I consider hatching with my Hydra? I just trained him to epic and now I am ready to hatch a hybrid with him. Any ideas? I'm not really sure what will turn out. So, I want to make sure that if i'm going to spend gold on this, I want it to be something cool.

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
If you want a hybrid, you need to mix with another "class pet" the other pets that other schools get when they reach level 48. Wraith ect...

Be prepaired to try hatching more than five times. Hybrids have a very low chance of happening. There are several posts by folks complaining about hatching five times and getting the same parent pet each time.

Survivor
May 04, 2010
Well Lucky Me, I've hatched with two level 48 pets and gotten hybrids both times!! I hatched my hydra with an Orthrus and a Saytr. But I noticed, the one time I hatched when my pet was at adult I got the same pet back. My Hydra is at epic now and these last two times have been a success. Probably just coincidence

Explorer
Jun 19, 2009
i think if you mix a hydra with stormzilla you might get a hydra that is purple

Survivor
Nov 21, 2009
Try mixing your hydra with a stormzilla, helephant, or colossus for a cool looking purple, red, or blue hydra.

Survivor
Mar 20, 2009
zebulous wrote:
If you want a hybrid, you need to mix with another "class pet" the other pets that other schools get when they reach level 48. Wraith ect...

Be prepaired to try hatching more than five times. Hybrids have a very low chance of happening. There are several posts by folks complaining about hatching five times and getting the same parent pet each time.

Ha. Try hatching with hydra 20 times and still getting the same pet. I guess 21 was my lucky number.

Survivor
May 04, 2010
OMG!! I guess i did get lucky. 20+ times is EXPENSIVE. I probably would have given up after like 5 or 6 times :P