Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard101 Turns off while I am playing

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 13, 2009
For the past 2 months the game turns itself off in the middle of playing. I can't play for more than 15 minutes before it just shuts off, no warning no hesitating or funky graphics, just turns itself off. I have a CPU and LapTop and it happens on BOTH all the time, a few times a day. I have checked my firewall, updated my video card and checked game requirements, they are all working correctly. It seems very odd that it happens on both computers (and @ my Mother's house for that matter). Any ideas what is up? :?

We have the tech support you need, but we need more information from you!

If you have any questions or concerns regarding game or account matters, please send an email to: support@wizard101.com.
The email you send from should be the same as the email on your Wizard101 account.

Please include your account username and a DxDiag.

A DxDiag is a utility designed to display the specifications of the user's hardware, as well as to test DirectX software, including sound and video. If you are asked for this information in an email, it helps the support group relate your gaming issue to your personal computer.

To create a dxdiag.txt just go to Start -> Run (or Search in Vista) and enter dxdiag and click OK. Once the program has run its course, click "Save all Information" and it will output a txt file that you can attach to your email.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Survivor
Nov 13, 2009
Prospector Zeke,

I did as you asked and sent the DxDaig via email to the address that you provided. This was done on 8/21. It is now 8/25 well past the 24-48 hour reply time and I have yet to hear from w101/KI in reply to this issue. So now what?

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
the game has also shut me down because of graphical client stopped working WHAT DOES THAT MEAN? i'm not complaining it doesn't do it much but it does it every now and then and i wanna no why

Survivor
Aug 19, 2010
cruisem wrote:
For the past 2 months the game turns itself off in the middle of playing. I can't play for more than 15 minutes before it just shuts off, no warning no hesitating or funky graphics, just turns itself off. I have a CPU and LapTop and it happens on BOTH all the time, a few times a day. I have checked my firewall, updated my video card and checked game requirements, they are all working correctly. It seems very odd that it happens on both computers (and @ my Mother's house for that matter). Any ideas what is up? :?

Yeah, that happened to me too! I can't even play for more than four minutes before the screen shuts down and goes crazy like radio signal waves on an screen. It is best to start your computer in Safe Mode and then recover your system. Then, reboot your computer and let it cool off for an while. Then, go on again and the game should not have any problems (Unless your firewall is off or your video driver is out of date). :D