Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Unable to see hit points from attack

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 11, 2009
With the tall enemies I find it impossible to see the individual impact of a group of wizards’ attack on the enemy. The hit points in red are appearing way above the enemy, so that it does not show on the screen. :(

This is particularly true if the enemy is in the first slot at the top of the screen. :(

With some attacks – because of the animation – the camera angle changes and I can see those hit points way above the heads of the enemy. :)

I like to plan out my attacks and limit the overkill of the spells. By doing this I am better am to plan my attack’s effectiveness and choose the appropriate spell. :)

I wish that the hit points would appear in the same spot no matter how tall the enemy happens to be and be visible no matter the camera angle.

Have fun!! :) :) :)

Survivor
Apr 03, 2010
Explorer
Apr 29, 2010
Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
Well I was watching this video on youtube about someone getting a 40,000,000 million bolt. But I didn't believe it because the enemy was so tall I couldn't see it.

Survivor
Jul 06, 2009
I hate this problem, too! I was trying to get a huge hit on my storm against Giant Homonculus, but since he was so tall I couldn't see all of the numbers. Hopefully they will change this problem.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
I too am tired of these too-tall monsters having the numbers over their head off the screen (or even having their heads off the screen). I really can't see a reason for the monsters to be more than 2x height of our wizards.

What even worse is the fact that even if I increase the game's resolution (I play the game in windowed mode at 1440 x 900 on my 22" WS 1650 x 1050 monitor), I will temporarily (less than 2 seconds) see more background, but as soon as the camera angle changes I'm right back to the same amount of background as I was on the lower settings ... the only difference is that the icons are now smaller. Do you not offer true support for higher resolution settings?