Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why not here?

AuthorMessage
Historian
Aug 10, 2009
In any of the other Online games they have a Stick or follow option. Sometimes when I am playing with my kids they have to afk or I do, It would be nice to be able to 'stick' my toon to theirs <or the other way around> And If you are worried about someone abusing it by following some person around you could have a 'break' button that makes them stop following you.

just a thought.....

ellie

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
Cheryl09 wrote:
In any of the other Online games they have a Stick or follow option. Sometimes when I am playing with my kids they have to afk or I do, It would be nice to be able to 'stick' my toon to theirs <or the other way around> And If you are worried about someone abusing it by following some person around you could have a 'break' button that makes them stop following you.

just a thought.....

ellie

Honesly I am glad it is not in here. This is coming from a World of Warcraft long time subscriber at one time.

Here's why:

World of Warcraft or WoW had this follow thing being abused even with a break setting. What people would do in 40 vs 40 PVP battlefield. is stick them on to someone else, and just follow them around in the Battlefield and go AFK.

The Battlefield allowed you to gather honor points, that you would spend on Epic gear (armor. shields, weapons, etc) a kinda different type of currency you used to buy rare things.

You would get honor points on kills you did, also you get points on death assists from other players in the Battlefield. Points where also giving to a group win or lost. Win you earn more at the end of the battlefield.

Regardless of one player being AFK or not. as far as the battlefield went, the players toon was in it, he would still earn some points.

These typs of players exploited the game just to earn.. Some;" Free points if you will." With out actualy being in the Battlefield, but their toon was.

People would also set up numerous accounts on different E-Mails, and get thier max level toon to run around in low level zones killing everything while this same persons low level toon is attached to them from a different computer.

A kind of away of power leveling ones lower level toon with out actualy doing the work on the persons low level toon.

The one would make a 2 man group, and he would sign on to his low level toon on a different computer(usualy a laptop) on the same realm his maxed level toon was.

Then he would log onto is main toon and add his Newbie toon to the group he made. He then will click follow on his level 1 toon to his max level toon, and run around and kill big bosses for XP points. becuase in WoW a group would split the XP among every one, if you killed something or not, just as long as you were in the group you earned some XP.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
You don't need a "stick" or "follow" button. If you are on their Friends List, you can just port to their location.