Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Grandmasters

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 04, 2010
Not all grandmasters do this but a lot of them call me and my friends "noobs" and stuff. One person even told me that I was not allowed in dragonspyre becasue i was lvl 24 then and he said i was too "noobish" and then he made all my friends mad and they had a really bad fight. Not all grands do this but if you are one and you do this please stop. If i see this again should i report it or would it be false reporting? I will ignore them though.

Defender
Nov 24, 2009
singerstar1999 wrote:
Not all grandmasters do this but a lot of them call me and my friends "noobs" and stuff. One person even told me that I was not allowed in dragonspyre becasue i was lvl 24 then and he said i was too "noobish" and then he made all my friends mad and they had a really bad fight. Not all grands do this but if you are one and you do this please stop. If i see this again should i report it or would it be false reporting? I will ignore them though.
well if you have just started the game u technically are a noob sorry but if you are level 10 down your a noob everyone is a noob in there own way like me im a grandmaster still doin crafting in mooshu

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Nothing will be done about somebody calling another a "noob".

I handle all such things the same way: I use ignore.

Explorer
Mar 11, 2010
A large part of the issue with lower levels porting to higher leveled worlds is that most believe you should earn your right to be there by leveling up as they did.

Another issue is entering battles you cannot handle at your current level. I have witnessed many lower levels get into these battles, then demand the other players shield and heal them.
That, and ruining a player's trap/hex/feint setup by casting a low level spell.

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
Well some Grands are ignorant, but think about this for a second. Put yourself in their shoes. If you are a to low of a level, then why are you in DS in the first place?

Lowbies leech off higher level friends, and get a free rid to DS, when most grands HAD TO WORK THEIR WAY TO GET THERE. Grands earned the right to be in DS.

Lowbies would come in, TAKE UP BOSS spots, while grands are trying to farm a boss for their GRAND gear, and waste Traps on bosses with wands. Then lowbies would cry, and Whin. "I need healing" when they die. So now the Grand has to waste PiPs to heal, But barley any Grands do this, because............

YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE IN DS AT A LOW LEVEL

Survivor
Feb 21, 2010
TwinkleJinx wrote:
A large part of the issue with lower levels porting to higher leveled worlds is that most believe you should earn your right to be there by leveling up as they did.

Another issue is entering battles you cannot handle at your current level. I have witnessed many lower levels get into these battles, then demand the other players shield and heal them.

Does not mean you have to call them noobs.
And they might have strong low lvl spells like skeletal pirate or tempest

Defender
Jun 03, 2009
I totally agree Jinx!
Having these lower leveled players come to DS and step into things they are not ready for is not only a danger to them but for those who they interfear with and things they are supposed to be doing and have the perfect right to be doing there. Plaza of conquests is a perfect example of this. The name calling has become part of the game I sure love my ignore button. Has any lower leveled player who ports there and those that BRING them ever thought how they may be messing up another players QUEST it has happened to me and I'm sure many others. Do your quests and EARN the right to be there and if another player below grand asks for help HELP them but as far as leveled 40 and lower I say let them die there and learn not to come where they are not ready to be.

Explorer
Mar 11, 2010
ELLIOTT721 wrote:
TwinkleJinx wrote:

'Noob' isn't in my vocabulary, and I have yet to meet anyone that started the game at level 50. We all walk the same path to level up.

But, the fact is that we have indeed leveled up through many hours of questing, and so have earned the right to call high leveled worlds our own.

For any of the worlds on the Spiral - if you haven't got the key in hand, you haven't yet earned the right to be there.

Short-cutting any part of the game is only cheating yourself of fully playing a game you've paid for. There is much to be said for the feeling of accomplishment you have when you do get those keys. Don't spoil it for yourself.

Defender
Nov 24, 2009
TwinkleJinx wrote:
ELLIOTT721 wrote:
TwinkleJinx wrote:

'Noob' isn't in my vocabulary, and I have yet to meet anyone that started the game at level 50. We all walk the same path to level up.

But, the fact is that we have indeed leveled up through many hours of questing, and so have earned the right to call high leveled worlds our own.

For any of the worlds on the Spiral - if you haven't got the key in hand, you haven't yet earned the right to be there.

Short-cutting any part of the game is only cheating yourself of fully playing a game you've paid for. There is much to be said for the feeling of accomplishment you have when you do get those keys. Don't spoil it for yourself.
i think that lower levels should STAY WHERE THEY BELONG as in wiza city krok and mb letting a strong magus of storm in ds i think is ok but unfair to those who say hey if we have to work it y dont we get to i say because they have strong spells till i realized THEY ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO E HERE EITHER so y have them ther guys of low levels stay away from us unless we tell you to come we may be in a battle and completeley what they said you WAIT US you con us for health WELL I AINT HELPING ANOTHER DARN NOOB IN DS dont go there we shouldnt help you you are the one whop wantd to come sorry if it sounded mean not sound it im just saying

Survivor
Oct 03, 2008
I agree with jinx, no one should go to worlds that they don't have access to, but calling someone a noob is offensive to people and can get you into bad fights, they could have a grand as another charterer! and EVEN grands where once "noobs" so who cares

i for one think no one should be called a noob just for there lvl but lower lvl people should be in the worlds they have access to! And grands have worked to get into places like DS just as the "noobs" will to! So lower lvls should maybe avoid places like DS just cause they can run into some arrogant "noobish" grand.

Plus "noob" should be used for how a person acts, no what there stats are!

Survivor
Apr 28, 2010

Noob is a derogatory term, and I immediately lose respect for anyone who uses it.

I have had far more trouble on my grands with other high levels jumping into fights without asking and then fleeing. I have had to put up with these people because it's a public game and there are both nice people and idiots in the Spiral just like in the real world.

As I have said elsewhere: This game is not work; it's a game and it is played this is not the same as working and earning. KI do not pay us to work the game, we pay them to play it.

We pay to access the different areas of the Spiral. If a player is able to access an area then that player has paid for the right to enter it no matter what level they are.

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
We pay to access the different areas of the Spiral. If a player is able to access an area then that player has paid for the right to enter it no matter what level they are.

I totally disagree with you. Just because you paid, does not mean you have the right to be there. If this were true, than there would be no need to earn keys to access the higher level worlds.

The game is built on a tier. You must earn your right to access the higher level worlds by completing the quests that were given to you. If not, than where is the challenge and why even play it? So, I am a level 10, I paid for the world, so that automatically gives me the right to enter a world that was designed for levels 40 and above. That makes no sense.

As for the word Noob, you have to take it in context. It isn't a bad word, just means you are inexperience. If you find it offensive than ignore them. You have the ability to switch realms, remove them off your friends list. This is only a game and is meant to be enjoyed. If you are going to be this upset about something that is not real, how are you going to handle the real challenges in life?

Survivor
Jun 16, 2009
singerstar1999 wrote:

If someone calls you a noob just click their name and press ignore on them. I've never called anyone a noob and I have 2 grandmasters. A Life and Storm grand. Everyone starts off as a noob and my 15 yr. old cousin was playing and they called him a noob and he was a lvl 42 so just ignore them.

Hero
May 27, 2009
It takes all kinds, doesn't it. It's a fact of the game that players are able to get into mischief whatever their level of wizard and whatever their level of maturity. I would hope that people could put tolerance higher up on their emotional scale than all the selfishness that I keep seeing expressed in these threads about lower level wizards, but that is only my hope and not the reality.

Who in the game did not start at Wizard City as a level 1? Were you "born into the game" fully functioning and knowing all of its ins-and-outs? NO -- so cut the newer players a break for their curiousity and lack of skill. I'm sure half of these people who complain about lower levels in higher worlds would have jumped at the chance to check out Dragonspyre when they were level 7, whether they did so or not.

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
sanmil0963 wrote:

I totally disagree with you. Just because you paid, does not mean you have the right to be there. If this were true, than there would be no need to earn keys to access the higher level worlds.

The game is built on a tier. You must earn your right to access the higher level worlds by completing the quests that were given to you. If not, than where is the challenge and why even play it? So, I am a level 10, I paid for the world, so that automatically gives me the right to enter a world that was designed for levels 40 and above. That makes no sense.

As for the word Noob, you have to take it in context. It isn't a bad word, just means you are inexperience. If you find it offensive than ignore them. You have the ability to switch realms, remove them off your friends list. This is only a game and is meant to be enjoyed. If you are going to be this upset about something that is not real, how are you going to handle the real challenges in life?

Well I agree on this post, just because one pays to access every world, it does not mean a lowbie has a right to be in a world out of their Element. So basicly on some of the post I read here-in state if one pays for the world then that person has the right to be in the world?

Hmm think about this for a minute. So..If a grand or grands pay for the world, and they had earned the right to be there, they have to ignore a lowbie messing him/her/their plans up on boss fights? The grand/grands are farming their 50 LEVEL GEAR. if a spot gets taking do to a lowbie, being in a world that they do not belong in level wise. Now the grand/grands have to wait for that spot to open on a world THAT THEY PAID TO UNLOCK.

So stop using " they paid to unlock it, they have the right to be there" as an excuse. Grands paid for the world too.

As far as NooB goes it was changed from Newb to Noob. On the big MMORPG's . Noob evolved to some one doing dumb things. Messing up someone elses gaming experience up. Like for the WoW heads Leroy Jenkins was a Noob Of what he did in Upper Black Rock Spira.

Noob is now considered an insult to those hardcore gamers, but Newb is not considered an insult.

Explorer
Jul 01, 2009
"Noob is short for newbie. So it shouldn't be so bad if you are a lower lvl, but if you are a magus, master, or grandmaster now thats just offensive! And also, stay in the world you are working on please! I'm just asking not demanding! Newer players tend to spoil more experienced wizards plans with the traps! (That is at least what others say!) But if it's offending you, just tell them to stop! If they refuse, report them! (But make sure it's a honest report, not a false accusation!)

Jacob Dragonrider Level 48 Master Pyromancer

Delver
Mar 18, 2010

Hmm think about this for a minute. So..If a grand or grands pay for the world, and they had earned the right to be there, they have to ignore a lowbie messing him/her/their plans up on boss fights? The grand/grands are farming their 50 LEVEL GEAR. if a spot gets taking do to a lowbie, being in a world that they do not belong in level wise. Now the grand/grands have to wait for that spot to open on a world THAT THEY PAID TO UNLOCK.

When this happens to my friends and I we simply change realms. We always find and empty spot and farm away.

This is a game! In my opinion people are taking this way to seriously.

Megan Frostriver Grandmaster Theurgist
Meagan Frostbringer Grandmaster Sorcerer

Defender
Jul 15, 2009
fces1 wrote:
"Noob is short for newbie. So it shouldn't be so bad if you are a lower lvl, but if you are a magus, master, or grandmaster now thats just offensive! And also, stay in the world you are working on please! I'm just asking not demanding! Newer players tend to spoil more experienced wizards plans with the traps! (That is at least what others say!) But if it's offending you, just tell them to stop! If they refuse, report them! (But make sure it's a honest report, not a false accusation!)

Jacob Dragonrider Level 48 Master Pyromancer

Actually, you should not report somebody for just spoiling your spell set up. That sort of thing gets flagged as false reporting.

Your best bet in these worlds is to switch realms. Farming may commence in the new world.

Survivor
Apr 14, 2009
TwinkleJinx wrote:

I agree. I have 5 Grandmasters and one right now that is level 27 I dont go to any other place that my level 27 wizard cant handle. I dont take her to DS even if i have a friend in DS. When I am in DS with my Grandwizard i dont like it win lower wizards are in DS. they dont servive in higher areas.

Survivor
Sep 20, 2009
I have grandmaster pyromancer and an adept necromancer. I will help out some of my lower level friends by helping them through dungeons in ds the same way that I have other grandmaster friends that will do the same for my low level necromancer. Some of those low level "noobs" you see in ds may be people that have had grandmasters longer than you have.

Also, I have seen many grandmasters that do many of the things people here are complaining about low level players doing such as using up other peoples' traps and randomly porting into battles. So its not just the low level players that can ruin a game, but many grandmasters do as well.

Explorer
Jul 08, 2010
Personally I pay no mind to those who are rude. When I shell out the cash for me and my kids and not the parents of many Grandmasters who pay for their subscriptions, I shall enter any part of the Spiral I wish.

I shall take up a spot for gear drops so I can fund my own equipment. Normally though I do not have any attack spells (even unequip wand), so I only toss charms and whatnot.

Many a Grandmaster changes their tune when you save their butt because no one has a heal spell, and I am gracious enough to use it on them even with the barrage of insults.