Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Housing Limit Suggestions

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 08, 2010
I was discussing some of the housing limits with a friend and thought I would share some of the ideas we had.

Of course for someone who has leveled two, three, or more wizards, they can enjoy buying and decorating many different houses, but what about those of us who just have one wizard, and do not want to have another? We enjoy putting all our time and effort into one character. Yet we only get 3 houses, that's it.

I have the crowns Life House, and haven't gotten another yet. I like the GH crafted one, and the small MB one, but I don't want to get them in case I would prefer a future Celestia one (if that comes out). I also like a few of the other school houses, that I would love to purchase. Decorating is a big part of my enjoyment in the game, as I'm sure many would agree is theirs as well.

The suggestion I had was on the way the limit is implemented. I think the limit per character should be raised, but have a limit per account put into place instead. Otherwise it is very unfair for anyone playing with only one wizard. This way, if you have six wizards, you can only have the allotted 18 houses as your account limit, but if you have one wizard you can have say 8 houses, with an account limit of 18 again. I hope that makes sense the way I described it.

Any other players have any thoughts on this? Or a different suggestion that would allow us one or two wizard players to enjoy all the great new houses released?

Thanks for reading my post. :)

Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
Penarddun wrote:
I was discussing some of the housing limits with a friend and thought I would share some of the ideas we had.

Of course for someone who has leveled two, three, or more wizards, they can enjoy buying and decorating many different houses, but what about those of us who just have one wizard, and do not want to have another? We enjoy putting all our time and effort into one character. Yet we only get 3 houses, that's it.

I have the crowns Life House, and haven't gotten another yet. I like the GH crafted one, and the small MB one, but I don't want to get them in case I would prefer a future Celestia one (if that comes out). I also like a few of the other school houses, that I would love to purchase. Decorating is a big part of my enjoyment in the game, as I'm sure many would agree is theirs as well.

The suggestion I had was on the way the limit is implemented. I think the limit per character should be raised, but have a limit per account put into place instead. Otherwise it is very unfair for anyone playing with only one wizard. This way, if you have six wizards, you can only have the allotted 18 houses as your account limit, but if you have one wizard you can have say 8 houses, with an account limit of 18 again. I hope that makes sense the way I described it.

Any other players have any thoughts on this? Or a different suggestion that would allow us one or two wizard players to enjoy all the great new houses released?

Thanks for reading my post. :)

Just make a wizard. If you dont want to use him keep him at low level.

Survivor
Jun 08, 2010
terrysmoose13 wrote:
Just make a wizard. If you dont want to use him keep him at low level.

I believe I made clear in my first post that this was a suggestion to equalize the wizard/account/house ratio. It is a lot of hassle, first off, low level wizards can't buy houses from areas they can't get to, and secondly, imagine moving all that furniture through the shared bank? It's just a pain. Plus, I wouldn't be able to move furniture with my wizard of choice, and although many seem to play on 2 wizards at the same time, for many computers that is an impossible task.

I'm not sure how difficult it would be to implement this change, but it would be very nice if as a one wizard player I could have more than three houses.

Defender
May 30, 2009
The problem you will run into if you have more than three houses is loading I'm sure. The more stuff you have (houses, treasure cards, whatever) the more time it takes to load and would probably bog down the servers getting everything up. I only say this because my balance wizard has 3 houses, many, many treasure cards, and loads of furniture and she takes way more time to load than any of the other 5 wizards I have. I could be wrong about this because I am by no means a computer expert, but IMO they have things set up this way as to make the game run smoothly all the way around. For you and for them. Just an opinion based on experience.

Survivor
Jun 08, 2010
That's an interesting observation asutton75. Thanks for sharing!

I would be curious to find out if amount of houses do affect character loading time.