Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I need to find blood moss

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 12, 2010
Where do I go to look for the Rare Harvest Item.
I know that I can buy when it is available at the Master merchant store.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
markeis12 wrote:
Where do I go to look for the Rare Harvest Item.
I know that I can buy when it is available at the Master merchant store.

You are looking for the rare form of Mandrake, and in my opinion the toughest of the reagents to get.

Best place to farm mandrake is between 3 am and 6 am game time in the death school, which has three spawn sites...just switch through the realms.

Mandrake can also be found in many places in the WC streets, but further apart.

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
You can find it at the bazaar on occasion, craft it yourself-by transmuting, or find it rarely when harvesting red mandrakes.

Survivor
May 12, 2010
Hero
May 27, 2009
There is no better advice than what is already posted. Sorry, but you'll just have to spend the time to GO LOOK FOR IT.

Survivor
May 12, 2010
I understand that these item are rare but getting this crafts are crazy.
Why Always two. I think that this is done only to keep us busy. And to spend money.

Hero
May 27, 2009
It USED to be FIVE of each item, and there wasn't any such thing as Transmute. I have two Master Artisans from before the update, when it was way harder than it is now. So, count yourself lucky for only having to make two.

Defender
Mar 13, 2010
I make a habit now of buying all the transmute spells from each craft vendor as I go through the game.

You will rarely find blood moss in the market since it is snatched up pretty fast.

So using the transmute blood moss recipe is your best bet. (Plus do what they said above.)

Defender
Aug 11, 2009
The advice of MikeStrath is right on the money. Just be patient and persistent. Jumping realms is a good way to collect various items. It just takes time. :)

And crafting two is easier than crafting the five that we had to do in the past. Crafting five required a lot of patience and time.

A way to cut down on the time in jumping realms: With a friend helping and starting at the last realm, you jump to the last realm and the friend jumps to the next to the last realm. Search out the area for the item you need. Then port to your friend and search that area. Then you jump to the next realm and your friend to the next one beyond. This will eliminate the cool down time for switching realms or drastically reduce the wait. It will require a little time from your friend and some coordination of effort. :)

KI has adjusted the work and effort required for crafting, but the intent behind crafting is that it be work that requires effort which is rewarded by success and various badges. :D

Have fun!! cya

Mastermind
Jun 25, 2009
if you want blood moss buy the transmute recipe for it from the wizard city crafter