Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

NOT letting people port to celestia

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 23, 2009
TwinkleJinx wrote:
cupoftea9 wrote:
TwinkleJinx wrote:
minxymoo wrote:
I'm a grandmaster and I'd be happy to see lower levels exploring Celestia when it is released. I don't think there should be any restrictions placed on porting. We all pay for the game one way or another. I only hope the servers can cope with the load so we can all enjoy the new content without lag and resentment.

The key word in your post is 'resentment', and unless KI takes measures to stop the low level porting, the excitement is indeed going to turn to resentment quickly.

You do pay to access the entire game, but you earn the ability to access these areas by way of quests and leveling.
If you can bypass the spiral key requirement, there is no point to having it and no challenge to the game.

Five Grandmasters, one world at a time.

I believe the keyword in minxymoo's post was 'happy'.

As I have said elsewhere: This game is not work; it's a game and it is played this is not the same as working and earning. KI do not pay us to work the game, we pay them to play it.

We pay to access the different areas of the Spiral. If a player is able to access an area then that player has paid for the right to enter it no matter what level they are.

I'm quite happy to have lower levels in Celestia in when it comes out. It really isn't the huge problem that the vocal minority keep shouting it is.

To avoid any future confusion the keyword in my post is also 'happy'.

:)

It's not 'happiness' for everyone.

You have paid for full access to the game, with access to all areas as you progress.

I have also paid my membership dues. Do I have a right to play without my game being disrupted? Yes, I do.
The fact that it is disruptive to normal game play means KI must take some action on this.

Chances are, they'll deal with the porting the same way they dealt with the enchanted cards; that this was an oversight to be patched.
I don't see this as something they meant to allow, as this makes game progression through Spiral Keys meaningless.

Do you have the right??? yes u do but if grands are so worried about "lowbies" ruining their precious celestia WHY ADD THEM!!!!!!! IF YOU HATE THEM SO MUCH U WULDNT HAVE ADDED THEM , KI made clestia so that people wuld be excited ... well making the 5 percent of the people who are grands isnt much and they and they shuldnt make restrictions and if u hate being disturbed go to a non crowded realm

Explorer
Jun 26, 2009
It said (as i believe) no one under 48 is allowed in Cl. so if you arent i would start working. So no need for us who deserve CL should panic about noobs (just yet).

Survivor
Aug 06, 2010
They can get there- I have seen tons of low levels in their teens through 30s who jump in and then complain about how they will die when they shouldnt in my opinion be there infirst place. Then they constantly whine throughout entire battle heal heal heal heal and when they die- they stay and take the place of someone who should be there.

So please grands dont bring low levels there- It ruins the game for alot of others.

Thanks
Courtney

Delver
Feb 01, 2010
actually you have to defeat malistaire and be level 48 to actually have access to celestia for real i read it in the october update notes

Survivor
Aug 06, 2010
joey110498 wrote:
actually you have to defeat malistaire and be level 48 to actually have access to celestia for real i read it in the october update notes

Joey-

It doesn't matter they are porting in. So regardless they are ALL over Celestia. I had 5 level 5-10 join in my battles earlier and then complain the whole time they needed to be healed .

So yes you should be 48 to get in but I think it should be more like Briskbreeze where you can't port in and cant get in unless you've gotten your last spell. They should not be allowed to port in.

The keys are pointless when you can port to whomever and go wherever. I turned my port off bc i dont want any low levels i accidentally put on my list in beginning porting in and disrupting not only my game but others.

Courtney

Historian
May 15, 2009
i agre that there NEEDS to be a zone restriction
but it only requires level 48 and finishing the final countdown
that should be the requirements to enter celestia
and you are unable to port in ANY other way

yesterday i kept dieing because every time i was close to finish battles on the street a lower level would pop into battle and i would DIE because i would get slammed by the new monster with full health because they would take my traps and demand i heal them when they die
i tell them i dont "heal" on command
which of course caused trouble
so i agree to a restriction

Samuel duskmancer- level 49 necromancer
Samuel Dragonsword- level 54 Diviner
Samuel Shadowmancer- Level 46 Theurgist

Delver
Apr 02, 2010
LOL - no change it back to only those that have finished Spiral Geographic. Oh wait, I didn't.

Explorer
Sep 19, 2010
There's a fresh problem with this issue -

In Celestia, the first person in the circle gets hammered by any new NPC brought into the fight.
Now, if the added player can't contribute to the fight with some high level spells, the first person is doomed.
With the cheating bosses everywhere, maybe this is intentional and not some kind of bug.

At any rate, there is no way lower leveled players can survive these fights without major support from the team, and the team has their hands full enough in these battles.

Let them port into the camp maybe, but please keep them far from the battles.
It's very easy for Grandmasters to be overwhelmed here, and it's entirely unfair to ask them to carry someone else as well in a fight or force them to deal with added mobs.
These aren't your standard battles here.

Maybe it would put an end to porting if the lower level could only join a battle with the player he/she ported to.
Chances are good that everyone would turn their ports off at that point.

It was an annoyance on DS , but on Celestia, it's a death sentence.

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
I know this will make some people mad, but I think they should keep it the
Way it is. I am a subscriber with three accounts. I often use my other
wizards that are lower level to help me in some fights. That way I
don't need to spend crowns on buying henchmen.

ellie

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
Cheryl09 wrote:
I know this will make some people mad, but I think they should keep it the
Way it is. I am a subscriber with three accounts. I often use my other
wizards that are lower level to help me in some fights. That way I
don't need to spend crowns on buying henchmen.

ellie

I have 2 accounts and NEVER brought mine forward to someplace they sure to die in one hit, I go backwards to help, but would I bring a low level in ds or cl? heck no! if you have 3 accounts there should be no need to bring in low levels to cl or anywwhere, i play 2 accounts together all the time now

the whole point of the complaints about the low levels infiltrating areas is that they run free after porting! ellie you have your's there to help YOU, not running around trying to 'level fast' messing others up (i assume you control your low level one)
many of those people who port never do side quests either then complain when cant find quests to make grand master

i refuse to heal low levels, i need those pips to help myself stay alive because of the mess they put me in, as someone said- they NOT in the HOT spot for being hit, those of us who started the circle are there !

put your lock on ports on, if you need to , you can always unlock it even in the duel; those of us who have the right to be there have to 'police' our friends, we are responsible if the low levels are in there, my friends are all grand masters as mine are all, we have been playing a long time, and i dont appreciate people under 1000 health jumping in my battle this morning, causing another bad guy to come (i was down to one, were 3), my storm died cause it hit her NOT the 2 no chat low levels, they of course had one pip? each,but the boss got 3 power ones, so they coulndt hit anyway, i had just used up my pips for storm and ice was getting ready to throw spell on OUR last bad guy when the one they brought slammed Storm
so since storm lost credit, i had ice flee out too, and i hope the 2 low messer uppers got creamed, i will continue to flee as i refuse to play with them

has happened too many times in test ans this is 3rd time they joined my circles in cl; 2 out of the 3 times were no chat low levels

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
What I was trying to say is that if the make a level restriction on CL, then it would be hurting other people like me who don't go running around making trouble. What would solve this issue is making it so you would have to ask and then be let into a battle. Tada!

Ellie

Defender
Apr 24, 2009
First of all you dont want to go into Celestia without your Grandmaster gear and everything maxed out with that gear. You want to go into Celestia without your GM gear than be my guest dont expect others to bail you out when you cant handle a enemy that has way more health and is way more stronger than you.

Survivor
Apr 29, 2010
Goldenfish98 wrote:
i agree with only level 50 plus going in. We have to work for it. they dont. so why let others just port for free and not have to work for it? Celestia is gonna be crowded with people who are like, level 15. They need to work for it. Oh, and same with the shark mount. make it level 50+ only? PLEASE
like the wings. to many people had them.
Hey, hold your sausage. I am a lvl 49 and I am in Celestia. You have to complete "The Final Countdown" quest, and talk to Professor Ambrose.Then you gain access to Celestia. So be quiet and eat your cabage!!!

Survivor
Jul 28, 2010
SoxKid wrote:
i read a thread that said people lvl 40 and up should be able to port to celestia i think the exact opposite, they should make celestia so no one under level 50 can port in. it would be totally unfair for the people that worked to get there, i think they should do the same with ds, only letting people who have access to that area to port

it would be over run with noobs

please faculty listen dont allow anyone who doesnt belong in celestia to be there!

i think that too.but it is not nice for ya to be in there and us the lower guys not to.i just think that all wizard studentscould be there.but if the one who make this game does not want to,oh well.i just trying to make things fair.is this AMERICA or SOMETHING ELSE.it is hard for me a lvl 26 guy to do hard work and if lvls 50-60 dudes keep getting in our way.

Defender
Apr 24, 2009
Lowbies only want to go to Celestia because they think they will level faster because of the high world. They dont want to start from the beginning and earn their way into Celestia like everyone that is level 48 and over has. Now the Grandmasters that have defeated Malistaire and completed the Final Countdown deserve to be in Celestia because they earned the right by defeating him and saving the Spiral. I started in WC and worked my way up and never once got ahead of myself because I wanted to enjoy the whole epxerience. Just because you pay for the game each month does not mean you get the automatic right to enter into Celestia. Celestia is high level for a reason it is not like GH where every ten levels you go there starting at 20 and going to 40. I dont make friends that are lower than 48 because I know what they want from me. They want to skip ahead to either DS or Celestia. IF you dont like leveling normal and staying in your own worlds for your level then go play somewhere else. Simple. Give me one good reason that lowbies deserve to go to Celestia besides the fact that you pay every month or use crowns. IF you can give me a really good plausible reason than I say let all lowbies get into Celestia and nobody of a high level bail them out. They want to port to a higher world than they need to fend for themselves. My children play this game and I tell them that I dont want to see them in a world that is higher than their level or I will change their passwords. I want them to level like normal not skip ahead because I want them to earn the right to get to that world be it DS or Celestia. So the real question is: "HAVE YOU EARNED THE RIGHT TO GO TO CELESTIA?"

Survivor
May 17, 2009
Some times people ask me for help. It happened for the new world. I was level forty something. I didn't even know it was in the new world, but I went any way to help someone out, and wham, I was in the new world! It was so cool. I even helped a grand master win, is this so wrong? I even help someone in DS before I made it there. I couldn't do any thing else, so I left. I could get anything, cause I wasn't the right level to wear it.

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
I can see where everyone is coming from. Of coourse the higher-level players are wanting all the play for themselves, and the lower-level players want in on the action. I completed "Final Countdown" at level 48. Should I not have been allowed in to Celestia? I worked my fanny off to get there; I played many, many hours and studied strategy and read the messages and learned from the Grandmasters who took me under their wings. I did a lot of research and adjusted my decks and practiced my spell casting until I got it right. Grandmaster or no, I believe I WORKED to get to Celestia, and I believe anyone who has completed the required quests should be allowed to Celestia.

Defender
Mar 13, 2010
I can't blame low levels for wanting to see Celestia, but last night I had a level 19 port to me when we were about to do Culthara (spelling?)

Someone that low wasn't much help and had to be revived twice. The mobs went for him, probably because he had so few hit points.

It was a nuisance to have someone taking up a spot who was more of a hinderance than a help.

(In this battle, only spells level 3 and up can be used. )

Delver
Feb 01, 2010
i don't know why i didn't post this earlier but this is a good reason to keep it the way it is the subscribers paid money to get the restriction to areas out of the way and now there will be another restriction and the subscribers that aren't in celestia yet will be mad cause they paid money i bet you will feel bad because if they can't afford to get another subscription they will be sad cause they never got to see celestia so everyone please just keep it the way it is and none of this will happen :D :D :) :)

Explorer
Sep 19, 2010
I have a feeling that the reason this continues is that it's a programming nightmare to alter the game mechanic to recognize levels with worlds.

At any rate, the problem here is lower levels entering fights, and they do this for the drops. They also want to join in the side quests for experience to level up quickly.
All this simply means they can be a real burden to those already struggling to win these battles. The rules have changed, and these fights aren't your standard fare. In other words, Grandmasters can be overwhelmed easily much less a lower level. You can't look out for others if you're trying to stay alive yourself.

If they want to see Celestia, limit them to the Base Camp. They can explore it when they get their own Spiral Key.