Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

NOT letting people port to celestia

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 11, 2009
i read a thread that said people lvl 40 and up should be able to port to celestia i think the exact opposite, they should make celestia so no one under level 50 can port in. it would be totally unfair for the people that worked to get there, i think they should do the same with ds, only letting people who have access to that area to port

it would be over run with noobs

please faculty listen dont allow anyone who doesnt belong in celestia to be there!

Defender
Aug 07, 2009
thats rude there should at least be level 40s go there at LEAST the rest no

Survivor
Jul 17, 2009
SoxKid wrote:
i read a thread that said people lvl 40 and up should be able to port to celestia i think the exact opposite, they should make celestia so no one under level 50 can port in. it would be totally unfair for the people that worked to get there, i think they should do the same with ds, only letting people who have access to that area to port

please faculty listen dont allow anyone who doesnt belong in celestia to be there!
well i'm a level 49 and i am close to getting to celestia!!!! so I shouldnt be aloud into celistia. sorry about spelling!!!

Defender
May 02, 2010
Leave it the way it currently is: Letting players that have done the Malistaire quest in only.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
It's possible to finish Dragonspyre at level 44 or 45, so requiring level 50 wouldn't necessarily be fair.

Explorer
Mar 11, 2010
Even though our opinions probably won't matter too much (KingsIsle doesn't have the time to read EVERYTHING here, and I understand that), I agree with you wholeheartedly. Seeing as a requirement of going to Celestia is going to be defeating Malistaire, there should be no dodging this requirement. As of yet, teleporting to inaccessible worlds has been mildly acceptable, as no "major" bosses have been requirements for it. Malistaire, though, is a rather important boss, in my opinion; completing his quest should be mandatory for anyone to get in, even people trying to port. Therefore, I'd say not over level 50, but only those who have completed The Final Countdown (I finished it at level 46, so I know how people feel about it). Don't ever require people to do sidequests :P

Explorer
Mar 28, 2010
jenyfiregirl wrote:

First of all, that's not rude, and in fact I agree with him. We work to get there, why give others the privilege?
Second of all, I have a suspicion you are only saying that because you are a lower level than the required level. So, just relax.

~Allison Dawnblood, Level 50 Diviner

Explorer
Mar 29, 2009
But isn't that the exact same as something like Dragonspyre and WizardCity or whatever? :? I dont think Ds is overun with noobs

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
So for those level 40 wizards that completed the Malistaire quest, should not be allow to continue on with their quest, because they did not want to do the side quest to get level 50. What would be your solution for those wizards?

Survivor
Jan 12, 2010
i agree with only level 50 plus going in. We have to work for it. they dont. so why let others just port for free and not have to work for it? Celestia is gonna be crowded with people who are like, level 15. They need to work for it. Oh, and same with the shark mount. make it level 50+ only? PLEASE
like the wings. to many people had them.

Explorer
Jan 11, 2010
I don't think anyone under level 50 OR those who have completed the final countdown QUEST should be able to go.
Grands have worked very hard to get to our level. We have earned the right to go there. If you do let lower levels come, at least wait awhile to do it so grands can enjoy it in peace for a time.
It is bad enough that players under level 10 even port into ds, and ruin our feints. Last night, a few of us were in battle with Gurtok Demon, and we had put a few feints on him, and some hex, and just as we had pips saved up and were ready to hit, along comes this very low level player, and
THROWS AND TROLL ON IT !!! Can you imagine??
So we do not want the same thing going on in new world, that goes on in ds.
If lower level players want to go to new world, let them earn it like the rest of us had to.
ANOTHER SUGGESTION TO ALL GRANDS OUT THERE.....When you go to new world, TURN YOUR PORT OFF. That way we won't have low level level players porting into out battles.
Grands need to stick together on this :)

Defender
May 11, 2009
KMK524 wrote:
I don't think anyone under level 50 OR those who have completed the final countdown QUEST should be able to go.
Grands have worked very hard to get to our level. We have earned the right to go there. If you do let lower levels come, at least wait awhile to do it so grands can enjoy it in peace for a time.
It is bad enough that players under level 10 even port into ds, and ruin our feints. Last night, a few of us were in battle with Gurtok Demon, and we had put a few feints on him, and some hex, and just as we had pips saved up and were ready to hit, along comes this very low level player, and
THROWS AND TROLL ON IT !!! Can you imagine??
So we do not want the same thing going on in new world, that goes on in ds.
If lower level players want to go to new world, let them earn it like the rest of us had to.
ANOTHER SUGGESTION TO ALL GRANDS OUT THERE.....When you go to new world, TURN YOUR PORT OFF. That way we won't have low level level players porting into out battles.
Grands need to stick together on this :)
thank you i see all these whining wizards who arent able to get in because they arent a grandmaster and then i find relief in reading this.

faculty PLEASE respond to this thread. make i so wizards under 50 cant get in to celestia!!!

Defender
May 11, 2009
jenyfiregirl wrote:
no they shouldnt because other wizards have to acctually WORK to get there instead of just porting there

Explorer
Feb 18, 2010
SoxKid wrote:

If this were the case, a lot of "grands" would not have been able to complete DS. If you can't play nicely with others then good luck.

Defender
May 11, 2009
colagada wrote:
It's possible to finish Dragonspyre at level 44 or 45, so requiring level 50 wouldn't necessarily be fair.

i think it would be extremely fair. its not if you completed ds it is if you are lvl 50

Defender
May 11, 2009
sanmil0963 wrote:
So for those level 40 wizards that completed the Malistaire quest, should not be allow to continue on with their quest, because they did not want to do the side quest to get level 50. What would be your solution for those wizards?
my solution would be to do the side quests like the other lvl 50's to get to grandmaster

Defender
May 11, 2009
for all you wizards in the 40's that say "oh we did the final countdown quest and we dont want to do sidequests to get in" well too bad grandmasters had to do sidequests to get to level 50 so why shouldnt you have to to get into celestia. come on really just stop complaining

and faculty can you please respond to this thread!!

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
First off, we are talking about wizards porting to other wizards in order to get to Celestia when they haven't opened up the area themselves. In this matter, I agree that restrictions need to be in place to prevent this (and any other world the player has not opened up).

However, to all of those who say that access to Celestia should ONLY be given to grandmasters, I say no. The only requirement needed to gain access to Celestia is the completion of the quest "The Final Countdown." It should not matter what level they are, they too have worked to get access to Celestia. So what if they aren't Grandmasters and have not completed all the side quests in all the worlds ... it is not a requirement. Let them in ... I have a hunch they won't stay very long as I expect the world to be much harder, and by not being a grandmaster (or at least have acquired their lvl 48 spell) they will likely start running back to the other worlds to find those side quests they skipped in order to level up.

Survivor
Sep 03, 2008
I dont exactly agree with ANYONE under level 50.

At least let level 40's and up because they are quite adept.

Celestia may be the 'New Awesome Thing to Come to Wizard101' but, that doesnt mean only a small amount of people like level 50's can go in.

Get SOME variety in there

Defender
Feb 22, 2009
Any one who has completed The Final Countdown should be able to go. I know that some might not have done the sidequests, but they still defeated Malistaire and that's something.

Alex Dragonbreaker
Level 49 (almost to 50)
Master
Storm

Explorer
Mar 11, 2010
SoxKid wrote:
for all you wizards in the 40's that say "oh we did the final countdown quest and we dont want to do sidequests to get in" well too bad grandmasters had to do sidequests to get to level 50 so why shouldnt you have to to get into celestia. come on really just stop complaining

and faculty can you please respond to this thread!!

The point of Celestia is to finish the storyline, not to be only available for people who have done EVERY quest in the game. Completing the storyline only calls for the completion of The Final Countdown. Someone shouldn't be forced to do a side quest just so that they can continue the storyline; technically it's not a side quest anymore if they do that. I agree with restricting ports for anyone who hasn't completed The Final Countdown, but only 50+? I think, for the time being, that that's going a little overboard.

Survivor
Aug 01, 2010
SoxKid wrote:

celestia is not open yet

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
colagada wrote:

I agree with this because on my storm wiz i didnt do any side quests unlike my death grand and now my storm wiz is only a lvl 46 and done with all of ds and can start the celsetia quests. It wouldnt be fair to keep it to 50 and up.
Samantha Crowvault death lvl 50
Mackenzie Jadeheart storm lvl 46

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
Agree if you did all side quest like the way the game was met to play, then you should be at 50 in the first place. Just because people RUSH their way to go for Malistaire, I feel 50+ should be the ideal level for celestia entry.

We grands earned the right to be in Celestia, why does all the lowbies get a free ride, They will mess up our duel strategies on a daily bases, in Celestia, like they do in Dragonspyre?

Lowbies SHOULD NOT be in Dragonspyre in the first place. All areas like Dragonspyre, Mooshu, etc. Should had been level locked, no ports no nothing unless you are at the required level for the zone.

Game Animators, and Devolpers did a lot of work on all the NPC's, Creatures, Backgrounds, and the Producers, and Directors did their share on all areas in Wizard 101. I think its insulting that players skip all this stuff that the Creators of W101 work so hard on just to get to Malistaire.

So I feel if all side quest where done, the people would have been 50, so anyone 50 UNDER SHOULD NOT be allowed in Celestia no ports, no nothing.

Delver
Jul 20, 2009
I'm already on Mooshu (level 36) and I think people under level 30 shouldn't be able to go to Celestia, but there is no level limit. Say if someone needed help in Celestia and the person asked for a level 26 to help them (because they can fight good :|) so now I think people level 25 and above should be able to EXPLORE Celestia.
Good Day :|