Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wild bolt

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 11, 2009
Ok firs off wild bolt, is over usede by wizards storm, and non-storm. I am sick of every single storm wizard in pvp over using wild bolt. i am a fire wizard and i think that it should be banned in pvp. being a fire wizard wizard101 basicaly banned stun from pvp, why not wild bolt. and all you storm say " oh well, its fair". wel so was stun till people complaned about it. also you shouldnt be able to put an accuracy inhancing treasure cars in them. so this is my letter to the staff.

ban or reduce the power of wild bolt in pvp.

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2009
SoxKid wrote:
Ok firs off wild bolt, is over usede by wizards storm, and non-storm. I am sick of every single storm wizard in pvp over using wild bolt. i am a fire wizard and i think that it should be banned in pvp. being a fire wizard wizard101 basicaly banned stun from pvp, why not wild bolt. and all you storm say " oh well, its fair". wel so was stun till people complaned about it. also you shouldnt be able to put an accuracy inhancing treasure cars in them. so this is my letter to the staff.

IT IS A STORM ONLY SPELL! It can't be used by non storm wizards! It should not be banned from pvp! It's perfectly fair! I do not even know wild bolt or anyone who uses it, in fact, I don't know much about it at all. I do know it does 1,000 damage, it's storm only, and it has 10% accuracy. It would be unfair if they banned it from pvp or didn't let you use accuracy enhancing treasure cards on the spell. And, most of all, IT HAS 10% ACCURACY! There is nothing AT ALL unfair about wild bolt. Storm wizards are lucky if they could use wild bolt even once in a duel. If you fire wizards can have Heckhound in pvp then Storm wizards should get wild bolt! Stop complaining!

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
catboy2197 wrote:
SoxKid wrote:

IT IS A STORM ONLY SPELL! It can't be used by non storm wizards! It should not be banned from pvp! It's perfectly fair! I do not even know wild bolt or anyone who uses it, in fact, I don't know much about it at all. I do know it does 1,000 damage, it's storm only, and it has 10% accuracy. It would be unfair if they banned it from pvp or didn't let you use accuracy enhancing treasure cards on the spell. And, most of all, IT HAS 10% ACCURACY! There is nothing AT ALL unfair about wild bolt. Storm wizards are lucky if they could use wild bolt even once in a duel. If you fire wizards can have Heckhound in pvp then Storm wizards should get wild bolt! Stop complaining!

Wild bot is offered in the bazaar to any school that chooses to buy it. The 10% accuracy that is purported on the card seems more like 60% accuracy in actual play.

Defender
Apr 19, 2010

HECKHOUND DOESNT DO THAT MUCH DAMAGE!

Explorer
Mar 28, 2010
Actually, the problem is not the STORM wizards using it, but the NON-storm. I am storm, and I never rely on bolt, not even in PvP. There is nothing wrong with wild bolt, the actual spell, but the fact that non-storm wizards have access to wild bolt TREASURE cards that have increased accuracy. I think, to solve this problem, treasure cards should be banned, at least in ranked PvP. It wouln't even be worth using if the damage was lowered, so KI, don't consider that.

~Allison Dawnblood, Level 50 Diviner

Survivor
May 23, 2010
seasnake wrote:
catboy2197 wrote:
SoxKid wrote:

Wild bot is offered in the bazaar to any school that chooses to buy it. The 10% accuracy that is purported on the card seems more like 60% accuracy in actual play.

Wild bolt can only be created as an enchanted card. To my understanding, since the last upgrade,these are no longer available for trade or sale, since the upgrade. If I misunderstood the new changes, please accept my apologies.

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2009
seasnake wrote:
catboy2197 wrote:
SoxKid wrote:

I apologize, I was unaware of that. Perhaps it could be removed from the bazaar.

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2009
cprocks988 wrote:

HECKHOUND DOESNT DO THAT MUCH DAMAGE!

It does if you use enough pips.

Defender
Dec 17, 2008
There has already been an update that is currently in effect preventing wild bolt treasure cards from being used by non-storm wizards. Yes, there are still people who have them, but their supply is dwindling.

There are absolutely NO wild bolt treasure cards that are tradable via trade or bazaar.

I do agree that wild bolt can give a storm wizard a big advantage. With sniper which adds 20% and grand gear which adds 15%, the accuracy of wild bolt can reach upwards of 45%. Sniper is a very rare card though, and most enhanced wild bolts are only made with keen eyes give it a total of 35%. That's about 1:2 ratio. Simple storm shields help with getting the damage lower, and the annoy any storm wizard wishing to use bolt.

The whole reason stunning was banned was because it was seriously abused. It reached the point where it was impossible for a team to attack at all. I remember my first 3v3 match. It was against 2 conjurers and a pyromancer. The conjurers kept us stunned while the pyromancer used fire dragon. We couldn't do anything for the entire match, not shield, not heal, not even cast a single spell. Wild bolt and stunning were on completely different levels, which is why they did what they did to stunning.

Wild bolt is more on the same level as judgement. There is nothing that KingsIsle will do about it. If you're any good at PvP, you'll find a way to win, even against wild bolters.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
randellleah wrote:
seasnake wrote:
catboy2197 wrote:
SoxKid wrote:

Wild bolt can only be created as an enchanted card. To my understanding, since the last upgrade,these are no longer available for trade or sale, since the upgrade. If I misunderstood the new changes, please accept my apologies.

I have seen it offered still at the bazaar.

Explorer
Mar 29, 2009
I don't think wildbolt should be banned from pvp. But i will say that i have been attacked by it from low lvls who were not storm and had incredible accuracy :P
It gets annoying at times but i guess the only solution is to fight back and use shields

Catherine Windrider Lvl 49 Balance

Survivor
Apr 21, 2010
The last update keeping wild bolt out of non-storm wizards was a big help. Wild bolt does not give storm too much power, as stated above, it's accuracy is rarely over 35% - if you, as a storm wizard, rely on your bolt working, you won't get very far. Also, consider, storm shields are rarely in short supply in pvp. If any school has a great advantage in 1v1, it's myth, and we all know when we are facing a myth warlord in 1v1, you will be lucky to win. I don't mind this, even though I have no myth wizards, it's what makes them myth.

Ben.