Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

letting people port in celestia

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 05, 2009
i think we should let people port to celestia who are like level forty and up cause then way to many people would be ticked.

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2009
Defender
May 11, 2009
i think the exact opposite, they should make celestia so no one under level 50 can port in. it would be totally unfair for the people that worked to get there, i think they should do the same with ds, only letting people who have access to that area to port

Survivor
Jan 08, 2009
I think he/she meant like only let people that are level 40+ in Celestia. I approve that at 100% ;)

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
For every area there needs to be some kind of restriction. The easiest way would be to simply adhere to the "spiral key" guidelines that are already in place.
I find it curious that KI won't even enforce their own rules on this matter.

Survivor
May 12, 2009
i think the exact opposite, they should make celestia so no one under level 50 can port in. it would be totally unfair for the people that worked to get there, i think they should do the same with ds, only letting people who have access to that area to port

Well I did a stupid thing and didn't do extra quests when i was able to so i have defeated Malistare and finish the warehouse (which took me forever) and i'm only a level 47 death wizard and its hard to get more xp when you've done all the important stuff so I would like to get into Celestia. So for the time being I have to disagree

Jason Deathblade Savior of the Spiral

Delver
Jun 30, 2009
I don't agree, people who port to Celestia will abuse it. They'll keep bringing their friends in and it won't be fun. I think they need a restriction no one under the level of 50 should be allowed in. We worked for it.. [ sorry to quote the first guy . ]

Delver
Mar 18, 2010
XMike551X wrote:
I don't agree, people who port to Celestia will abuse it. They'll keep bringing their friends in and it won't be fun. I think they need a restriction no one under the level of 50 should be allowed in. We worked for it.. [ sorry to quote the first guy . ]

Limiting it to people in the forties or only those who have finished "The Final Countdown" and beaten Malistaire makes sense to me. Limiting it to grandmasters only doesn't make sense. There are players who do not do side quests (Thus they would not be level 50.) but have finished the game and beat Malistaire. They belong just like grandmasters.

Megan Frostriver Grandmaster Theurgist
Megan Frostbringer Grandmaster Sorcerer

Survivor
Aug 05, 2009
Survivor
Aug 05, 2009
well wont be a prob for me almost lvl 48 and i just started ds so yea :D

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
I'm grandmaster and completed the "prequests" if you can call them that and I really don't see the reason to limit who can obtain access to Celestia if they are paying for it, either through crowns or subscription. Sure there will be those who don't really belong-though experience or spiral key access-but so what. If they are not helped out, healed, etc., then they will get the message and go back to their proper world. Will it be annoying for a time, sure, but if people unfriend those who port blindly then the problem will be solved rather quickly-higher level wizards have as much responsibility in who they are friends with and allow to port as those who port to try and jump ahead. I've helped players from level 1 to level 50 and each knew from the beginning if they ported uninvited they were dropped no warning or refriending, and the ones who are still friends are the real friends who I can count on.

Survivor
Aug 05, 2009
guys i found out from zeke that any one with a subscription and who has payed crowns has acsess to celestia. SO CHILL OUT ABOUT IT!

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
murray327 wrote:
guys i found out from zeke that any one with a subscription and who has payed crowns has acsess to celestia. SO CHILL OUT ABOUT IT!

That's not exactly true. The admin posts on this issue are somewhat contradictory. They do need to address it, and add some clarity though. And by access, that does not mean unrestricted access,you still need to complete the necessary entrance requirements for any area you enter. The only way around that requirement is by porting to friends who do have the required objectives completed. This is also a huge issue,and muddled with contradictory statements as well. I suspect you will see lots more posts on this contentious issue, until KI deigns us with a response.

Delver
Mar 18, 2010
That's not exactly true. The admin posts on this issue are somewhat contradictory. They do need to address it, and add some clarity though. And by access, that does not mean unrestricted access,you still need to complete the necessary entrance requirements for any area you enter. The only way around that requirement is by porting to friends who do have the required objectives completed. This is also a huge issue,and muddled with contradictory statements as well. I suspect you will see lots more posts on this contentious issue, until KI deigns us with a response.

Actually they are quite clear on porting. (You will be sick of me posting this.) Both say you may port to friends ANYWHERE in the spiral, no level or quest being finished requirements. People do indeed have "unrestricted access" to all worlds through porting. You can port to your friends in any world (at any level) as often as you want.

From Gamma
A Subscription buys you Time in the game. During the time you are subscribed, you can access any areas in the Spiral that you have earned access to through the progression of quests. You can also teleport to friends in any area of the Spiral while you are a Subscriber. Subscribers will never be prompted to make an additional purchase of an area. Once your subscription expires, you can no longer access those areas, and are restricted to the Free to Play areas of Wizard101.

From the players manual-
Getting Around - Teleporting to Friends
When you select a friend from your Friends list, one of the options is to "Go to Location".

This means you can teleport to your friend, but be careful, your friend may be in a high level area that you are not prepared for! It's always nice to ask your friend first if you can teleport to them.

There are actually two kinds of access granted in the game. One is by doing quests and opening new areas. You are "restricted" to only areas you have completed main quests in here. If you have not completed the quest you can't enter the area to continue following the main story line.

The second is by porting to friends. MOST places you can port into a friend regardless of level or having finished the quest. There are instances you cannot port into regardless of finishing the quest or not.

Megan F

Defender
Feb 22, 2009
I will type the same answer for this as I did for the ds issue. When someone under a reasonable level to be in that area (in this case, completed final countdown) it should send a message to you: _____ _______ Level _ wants to port to you. Will you allow them to port? while they get a message that says Waiting for reply... If you click Yes they will port to you. If you click No they will get a message that says: _____ ____ has denied your port request. And they can't get in battles unless the person who allowed them there is in the first spot.

Alex Dragonbreaker GM Storm
Jacob Stormhunter Master Balance
Cameron Lifespear Adept Life
Aaron Skullspear Initiate Death
Ian Icebringer Apprentice Ice
Flint Firefist Apprentice Fire

Survivor
Aug 16, 2008
Is there in anyway , a way to make the location action ask a question to us, like when someone want to group or friend?

in a small box: Do you accept the teleportation from (whoever) to your location?

Explorer
Jul 08, 2010
For those who worked for it, how many times were you helped by lower level players or those significantly higher.

Fact is, all types of people help you work towards getting further in the game. When you ask for help, you are taking time away from those that are on their quests. Happens to me alot, as most of my friends are higher level and I spend alot of time helping them with their quests then on my own.

I dont mind that, but be aware that happens alot with people

Survivor
Jul 17, 2009
SoxKid wrote:
what if your stuck on level 49 and all your friends want your help cause they are using you cause YOUR LIFE!!!! :( :( :( :(

Survivor
Jul 17, 2009
XMike551X wrote:
like i said before, I'm life, I'm used level 49 friends keep asking for help!!!

Survivor
Jul 17, 2009
milo10000 wrote:
I will type the same answer for this as I did for the ds issue. When someone under a reasonable level to be in that area (in this case, completed final countdown) it should send a message to you: _____ _______ Level _ wants to port to you. Will you allow them to port? while they get a message that says Waiting for reply... If you click Yes they will port to you. If you click No they will get a message that says: _____ ____ has denied your port request.

That is an awesome idea :D :D :D

Delver
Mar 18, 2010
milo10000 wrote:
I will type the same answer for this as I did for the ds issue. When someone under a reasonable level to be in that area (in this case, completed final countdown) it should send a message to you: _____ _______ Level _ wants to port to you. Will you allow them to port? while they get a message that says Waiting for reply... If you click Yes they will port to you. If you click No they will get a message that says: _____ ____ has denied your port request.

The SIMPLEST thing is turn the ability to port to you OFF. If a friend wants to port to you they have to ask. You can turn it on to let them. It can be easily accessed by hitting escape even in a battle.

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
Firefan02 wrote:

Actually they are quite clear on porting. (You will be sick of me posting this.) Both say you may port to friends ANYWHERE in the spiral, no level or quest being finished requirements. People do indeed have "unrestricted access" to all worlds through porting. You can port to your friends in any world (at any level) as often as you want.

From Gamma
A Subscription buys you Time in the game. During the time you are subscribed, you can access any areas in the Spiral that you have earned access to through the progression of quests. You can also teleport to friends in any area of the Spiral while you are a Subscriber. Subscribers will never be prompted to make an additional purchase of an area. Once your subscription expires, you can no longer access those areas, and are restricted to the Free to Play areas of Wizard101.

From the players manual-
When you select a friend from your Friends list, one of the options is to "Go to Location".

This means you can teleport to your friend, but be careful, your friend may be in a high level area that you are not prepared for! It's always nice to ask your friend first if you can teleport to them.

There are actually two kinds of access granted in the game. One is by doing quests and opening new areas. You are "restricted" to only areas you have completed main quests in here. If you have not completed the quest you can't enter the area to continue following the main story line.

The second is by porting to friends. MOST places you can port into a friend regardless of level or having finished the quest. There are instances you cannot port into regardless of finishing the quest or not.

Megan F

Again with the same post on many threads:

Our friend copy and paste does wonders:

From Gamma
A Subscription buys you Time in the game. During the time you are subscribed, you can access any areas in the Spiral that you have earned access to through the progression of quests.

through PROGRESSION OF QUESTS. that you have EARNED ACCESS: Where does it say you pay sub so you can jump ahead of everybody else to get to DS/Celestia regardless of being attuned with the Spirial Key?

It is still Exploiting the game. Sub or not. Other GM's pay a sub, and most of them DO NOT want some lowbie getting a free ride, when the GM's earned the right, and gotten attuned to be in DS/Celestia. Through the porgression of quests. As Gamma stated.

I had done every side quest + Storyline ones from level 1 to 50 on three guys. If people did this they would be 50 at the end of DS anyways.

Celestia should be 50+, because on three of my grands by doing the PROGRESSION OF QUESTS, all of them had just gotten to DS 45-47ish, and by the time they finished every side quest, and story line quest in DS they all where level 50.

Just saying

Survivor
Mar 30, 2009
Firefan02 wrote:
XMike551X wrote:

Limiting it to people in the forties or only those who have finished "The Final Countdown" and beaten Malistaire makes sense to me. Limiting it to grandmasters only doesn't make sense. There are players who do not do side quests (Thus they would not be level 50.) but have finished the game and beat Malistaire. They belong just like grandmasters.

Megan Frostriver Grandmaster Theurgist
Megan Frostbringer Grandmaster Sorcerer
ok i understand that people only do side quests to lvl up faster. i get that but come on if you do all the quests you won't have this problem. but that is just me so yeah. i would make it who ever has finsihed malis are AND the warehouse would get to go. or even just malistare.

Delver
Mar 18, 2010
Again with the same post on many threads:

Our friend copy and paste does wonders:

We BOTH repeat ourselves a lot. :)

You are right it does! I have copied and pasted the ENTIRE quote from Gamma that I found. You have copied and pasted PART of it. Ignoring the rest doesn't make it go away.

From Gamma
A Subscription buys you Time in the game. During the time you are subscribed, you can access any areas in the Spiral that you have earned access to through the progression of quests.

through PROGRESSION OF QUESTS. that you have EARNED ACCESS: Where does it say you pay sub so you can jump ahead of everybody else to get to DS/Celestia regardless of being attuned with the Spirial Key?

The rest of the quote says "You can also teleport to friends in any area of the Spiral while you are a Subscriber." Porting has nothing to do "with being attuned to the Spiral Key". It is given at ALL subscribers REGARDLESS of level or what areas one has opened in the game. That is clear as crystal to me.

You cannot "jump ahead" by porting. Sure people can go in and do street battles, side quests and boss battles by porting to friends. They can get drops, XP and gold. But, they are in the exact same place in their progression of quests after their high level world battle.

It is still Exploiting the game. Sub or not.

Porting is NOT exploiting the game. The Players Guide found right here under the Help & Support section says this-

Once again it says we can port to friends without restrictions. It specifically says you may go to a HIGH LEVEL AREA you ARE NOT prepared for. Seems to me like that refers to a lower level person going to a higher level world. It also suggests to me your take this is exploiting the game is just plain wrong.

Other GM's pay a sub, and most of them DO NOT want some lowbie getting a free ride, when the GM's earned the right, and gotten attuned to be in DS/Celestia. Through the porgression of quests. As Gamma stated.

KI clearly put porting in the game the way it is. I think they did it so friends of all levels can help each other. Yes there are people who abuse it and create problems for others. I think the majority of people don't. If you don't want people getting a "free ride" turn off your port. That is all you can do. You and the others can only control what you do. What is a big deal to you is not to others. Others I would bet say we ALL pay our real hard earned money for this so who cares come on and join me.

I had done every side quest + Storyline ones from level 1 to 50 on three guys. If people did this they would be 50 at the end of DS anyways.

Celestia should be 50+, because on three of my grands by doing the PROGRESSION OF QUESTS, all of them had just gotten to DS 45-47ish, and by the time they finished every side quest, and story line quest in DS they all where level 50.

Just saying

That is YOUR choice. So because you did it EVERYBODY else has to as well? Sorry, side quests are OPTIONAL. Nobody has to do them. I don't think KI will change that.

My gals are Grands too. I have friends who made it to Malistaire through the PROGRESSION OF QUESTS. They CHOOSE not to do side quests. They should go to Celestia too.

Porting is separate from the PROGRESSION OF QUESTS. Just like crafting, pets and PvP are.

We will just have to agree to disagree. What is a HUGE deal to you. To me is a minor bother to be ignored. I simply switch realms and viola I don't have to deal with it anymore.

Megan F

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
i agre withe fire fan. when i was level 20, 10, or 5 i ported to my friends in mb or kt and probably you did too. so some people just annoy you or bother you. so what. thats life. if you want just remove them. it is no reason to restrict it to just grandmasters just because of one person annoying you

Just go to celestia even if people will want to port. You should let them port
even if they are lvl 1 or 20. By the way if you think people who just completed the warehouse will gain the spiral key to celestia , youre wrong.
Gamma specifically said due to community feedback these preveiw quests will not be required to gain access to celestia.
sincerely,

Nicholas Fire Master Pyromancer Level 46