Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet with casting talents not casting

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
The storm trap talent isn't casting casting storm traps like it should be. One of my friends has it on their pet and they said it has never cast, and I've played six hours or so with them and not once have I seen it cast a trap either.

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
Survivor
Dec 07, 2009
i have a pet with storm charm and another with life charm and neither casts the blades it says it may cast...ever and its not to to any talents being too low because my bronze helephant is fully trained and has never cast the life blade it says it will cast

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
I have a life minotaur that will sometimes cast life shield. I notice it does this after i have been hit with a life spell. Does your friend use any storm spells, if not that could be the problem. The same for the life charm. Maybe casting a spell from the school of the charm is what triggers the action. I am only speculating, so could be wrong.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 50 Life

Survivor
Mar 08, 2010
yea same happens with my pets, my tempest is supposed to use storm trap and it hasnt in weeks of playing with it, also my myth imp is supoosed to myth blade me which also it never does. but i always see storm cat casting a storm shield! i think king isle need to higher the cast rate of pets

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
superluther wrote:
I have a life minotaur that will sometimes cast life shield. I notice it does this after i have been hit with a life spell. Does your friend use any storm spells, if not that could be the problem. The same for the life charm. Maybe casting a spell from the school of the charm is what triggers the action. I am only speculating, so could be wrong.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 50 Life

Her school is storm and she casts storm all the time and those she goes up against also often storm, so this makes no difference at all.

Explorer
Apr 29, 2010
My epic stormzilla has had storm trap since adult (over two months ago) and has never cast it.