Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Umm....did I just do a main quest?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 14, 2010
Ok, I'm still in Mooshu, just finished Tomugawa, and I port to my friend in Dragonspyre to help him. I can't, because you have to solo it, so I wait for him.
When he's done, I follow him.(He get's caught a lot) When he goes to talk to some guy there, I somehow am able to. He has a gold question mark over his head, so I talk to him. He tells me to repair the bridges and lock the vaults. I do, and then I talk to him again, and then I have to defeat General Firetusk.
My friend has the same quest, so we do it together. Did I just do a main quest?

Sabrina Mythshard, lvl 41 master pyromancer, secondary ice, tertiary life.
Llwella Deathweaver, lvl 13 innate necromancer, secondary life.
Iridian Strombringer, lvl 6 apprentice divner

Survivor
Aug 22, 2009
If you are worried, its kind of a main quest but its a really short dungeon called Great Chasm Past. Yes, its part of the main storyline in ds but you can do it again. You're able to do this many times. Don't worry, You still can have this quest done when you get it. Hope I helped!

Scarlet Silverspear lvl 50 Grandmaster Conjurer

Scarlet Lionrider lvl 12 Initiate Necromancer

Scarlet Dragonheart lvl Apprentice Sorcerer

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
Yes and no. Yes because it is part of the main storyline. No because you won't get credit for it quest-wise because you never did the preceeding parts of the quest.

The only reason you were able to participate in the quest is because it is a dungeon and you ported to him. Once you done it and left, you will have to do it again when you legitimately have access to it.

Explorer
Mar 14, 2010
Dorano208 wrote:
Ok, I'm still in Mooshu, just finished Tomugawa, and I port to my friend in Dragonspyre to help him. I can't, because you have to solo it, so I wait for him.
When he's done, I follow him.(He get's caught a lot) When he goes to talk to some guy there, I somehow am able to. He has a gold question mark over his head, so I talk to him. He tells me to repair the bridges and lock the vaults. I do, and then I talk to him again, and then I have to defeat General Firetusk.
My friend has the same quest, so we do it together. Did I just do a main quest?

Sabrina Mythshard, lvl 41 master pyromancer, secondary ice, tertiary life.
Llwella Deathweaver, lvl 13 innate necromancer, secondary life.
Iridian Strombringer, lvl 6 apprentice divner

By the way, the reason I think that I did a main quest is because he had a QUESTION MARK, not an EXCLAMATION POINT.

Hero
May 02, 2009
Well yes and no.

The instance you were in is called the grand chasm past (aka the hall of time).
As with all dungeons, if your in the dungeon, then you can do what the dungeon quests say to do.

And yes, the hall of time is part of the main storyline, so to get permament access to it, you have to complete the tree of life in ms, then the tower archives and plaza of conqests before getting the quests to unlock the hall of time in the grand chasm.

Hope I helped.

Explorer
Mar 14, 2010
Oh...ok. See, the thing is-I ported to him, and I didn't right away have a quest.
He went and talked to someone, and THEN I had a quest to do, AFTER I talked to him. So there was no sigel, and I didn't have the quest right when I ported, I was confused. But hey, I got some great boots out of the deal! Plus the experience.