Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet level ups - sad and frustrated

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 20, 2010
I've now leveled up pets 11 times (an Ancient, an Epic, and several adults).

7 times I got these useless "pig" talents that do ZERO in the real game play (battles and quests). These pig stat boosts are simply NOT talents. They can only help improve the bonus of a real talent - but if you never get any real talents then these pig adds do nothing!

3 other times I got Balance talents, but the pet and my wizard are both Myth so those are useless (and why is a Myth pet getting Balance talents anyway?!)

Net result - ONE out of 11 pet level ups was useful - Myth Aura. I don't even have a pet I would want to hatch.

I have one pet sitting 3 points away from a level up and I'm just sitting on it because I don't think I can take seeing another one of those pig icons come up, wasting all that time and gold I put in for yet another useless "bonus."

I don't get it. Leveling up is supposed to be a reward - even if a small one - so that you keep going for more. This is just cruel.

Explorer
Nov 27, 2009
Yes , it is cruel. KI seriously needs to make it so that there's a balance between useful pet talents, and these ability boosting talents. It wouldn't be that hard to make 'categories' of talents, and make skill boosting talents in one category and actual useful talents in another. That way they could balance the number of times you get ability boosting talents and actual talents so you don't end up with pets that do nothing.

Survivor
Sep 04, 2009
I feel your pain. I only have one pet that gave a good talent (Snow aura, may cast snow shield) and it was A EXTREMELY RARE AQUA DRAGON. UGH. I said extremely rare. I only know of one person besides me and my brother that has the aqua dragon. So we have to get a bunch of rare pets to get talents that aren't "pigs". How sad. :(

Defender
Mar 13, 2010
I feel your pain!

I trained a life pet for my Life wizard up to epic only to get a skill to increase Myth spells (of which I have none).

So, she got another pet and trained it to epic only to have three of those useless piggy bonuses.

Can anyone tell me if there is any point to having +25 to strength, etc. through one of the piggy bonuses?

Delver
Mar 15, 2009
vimrich wrote:
I've now leveled up pets 11 times (an Ancient, an Epic, and several adults).

7 times I got these useless "pig" talents that do ZERO in the real game play (battles and quests). These pig stat boosts are simply NOT talents. They can only help improve the bonus of a real talent - but if you never get any real talents then these pig adds do nothing!

3 other times I got Balance talents, but the pet and my wizard are both Myth so those are useless (and why is a Myth pet getting Balance talents anyway?!)

Net result - ONE out of 11 pet level ups was useful - Myth Aura. I don't even have a pet I would want to hatch.

I have one pet sitting 3 points away from a level up and I'm just sitting on it because I don't think I can take seeing another one of those pig icons come up, wasting all that time and gold I put in for yet another useless "bonus."

I don't get it. Leveling up is supposed to be a reward - even if a small one - so that you keep going for more. This is just cruel.

The best way to level your pet is nice and slow raise strength and intellect first and you should get talents for accuracy,damage and resist, after hatching and leveling pet this is what I came up with, my best sofar is a wrath +5accuracy +5damage +9 resist and cast a death ward,and storm cat +5 accuracy +6 damage and cards storm cat 520damage and storm trap 25% wrath +5 power pip +5 damage +7resist.

So level those two stats and you should cme up with something good :-)

OH!! my wrath is a thrid generation of hatching

Survivor
Jan 02, 2010
I bought a Jade Oni and it ended up being Myth when it gives a Balance card so I don't understand it. I got it for my Balance Grand. I've been working on several Midnight Sprites and they have all been different pretty much so far. I'm sick of those piggy stat boosts as well. You feel like just quitting when you level up and get those.