Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Do people use you?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 19, 2010
1. i think some people use life wizards and it's kind of not fair,sometimes they only friend you just because your a life wizard (this happened on my other wizard)
2. sometimes your low level friend (lv 14 or below) ( if you have one) ports to you when your in Krokotopia, Marleybone etc. and they say thanks and walk away. i think they should be working on their own quests.

Destiny D. lv 31 fire wizard

Survivor
Mar 20, 2009
I know I have a life grand and some times my low lvl friend ( when i am on my Life grand ) like i mean really low lvl friends they buy the dragonspyre outfits from the bazaar and then port to me when i am at like the antheum ( in dragonspyre ) and then walk away not even a hi or thanks

Fallon R. Lvl 49 Death

Delver
Feb 23, 2009
I hope you know it's not only Life. :|

I have a Master of Ice, and she's always being used. Like when someone needs her help, she helps them, but they never help her. So I just stopped helping people.

Explorer
Mar 14, 2010
Hero
May 19, 2009
I know its mean but i always use menu chatters, they seem to always port when you order them to. So its kinda like having your own living henchmen.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
xoine wrote:
1. i think some people use life wizards and it's kind of not fair,sometimes they only friend you just because your a life wizard (this happened on my other wizard)
2. sometimes your low level friend (lv 14 or below) ( if you have one) ports to you when your in Krokotopia, Marleybone etc. and they say thanks and walk away. i think they should be working on their own quests.

To answer your question, "yes they do". Whether it's in the game or in real life, it happens.

I got to learn early in the game when this happens. Both of your examples...

My first wizard was life, and it happened.

My lower level "friends" ported to me in higher level worlds. But they didn't even say anything. They just ported and ran off to do whatever...

I learned quickly who my true friends were, and kept them on my list. The "others", I deleted ! !

I also learned "how" to choose friends more wisely. I don't add anyone unless I've had some conversation with them or actually did some duels or quests with them. I don't add anyone who tries to friend me while I'm running through an area (especially Wizard City or the Old Tree Spiral door area), just because I happened to be running by. It helped me find a great bunch of true friends now, and it cut down on the "other" types of friends a lot.

Survivor
Apr 28, 2009
xoine wrote:

I have different opinions about what your saying. For the first part, you SHOULD help people. Its the helpful thing to do. Also, if they don't say thanks, say, YOUR WELCOME in all caps and they should respond. Also, sometimes, just give 'em a break. Not all schools have avid healing spells or tank like defence. A pixie will NOT always be in their hand.

But for the second part, I strongly agree. People that are "underleveled" should NOT be in a world they're not s'posed to. One time, I was in Frostholm and I had to help an APPRENTICE wizard beat the guys. I helped her good, thank picklestartch. Also, I hate battle jumpers. I understand their trying to help sometimes, or it was an accident, sometimes I let it slide. But now I have strategical knowledge, I don't need help all the time. Also, when another UNDERLEVELED GUY comes into a higher level battle, they just flee, leaving me with another enemy to face. :x Its MURDEROUS!!!

From,
Grace Dragonflame, Magus Pyromancer
If the mind is like the candle, the heart is like the Sun.

Explorer
Jul 08, 2009
It is so decieving when someone teleports to you in a high-level world just because they want a little sneak peek! One time, I had this friend (who shall remain nameless) that was only in his low-level 20's, but he walked around sporting Dragonspyre Gear (probably trying to act tough) and he had health that was SOOO low that whenever he enters a duel in a Higher-level world, he always calls on ME for help,then loses,and I end up wipping them out for him! Then I'm just like "Dude, it's your fault for 'porting to me. So do yourself a favor, and get some Gear that'll actually IMPROVE your stats." I guess that just proves how desperate some people are to get to the Higher-level worlds.

Survivor
Jul 29, 2009
Yah, i know, i'm a Grandmaster Myth wizard, and it gets really annoying.
I just don't know why everyone wants me on their team.

I just can't get any peace and quiet with everyone going, "I need a Myth Wizard on my PvP team", "I need a Myth Wizard to help me through the Warehouse".

I feel so used :(.

Survivor
Jun 28, 2010
1 word, Privacy Options... Wait... What?

If you go to Privacy Options you can turn Friend Messages off, so random people can't add you. Privacy Options also let you turn people porting to you off.

Defender
May 28, 2009
I don't have a life wizard101 luckily but I know this goes on. One time I was talking with my friend in my castle and somebody randomly ported to her. She was level 10 I think and she said she wanted to do a dungeon in ds. My life friend text chatted me she didnt want to but was to nice to say no. So I told her that we were busy and that she should leave. So then she screamed, "BE QUIET I WAS TALKING TO SABRINA!" I couldn't send her away since she wasn't on my friend list. I could tell she was using her since she didnt say hi all she said was they should do a dungeon.