Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

strom school vs death school

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 05, 2009
which do you think is a better school death or storm? i think storm is.

Champion
Jan 27, 2009
Delver
Feb 23, 2009
Neither, really. They're both good schools, but I'd have to go with Storm because;

Good:
So-so health, okay accuracy, converts attacks to healing.

Bad:
Weaker.

But I like Storm, too, but Death is still my favorite because:

Good:
High attacks.

Bad:
Storm's accuracy, AND health isn't good..at all.

But I hope you realize this thread might cause an arguement.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
murray327 wrote:
which do you think is a better school death or storm? i think storm is.

It really depends on the style of play you like.

Storm lives on the edge, it prays that the spell works for a fast kill, and woe befalls on a fizzle.

Death likes to play with its food...err...foe. Slowly draining the fool who tries to stand against them, watching the fear grow as the blades and feints appear, knowing then the drain comes....

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I personally think they work best together. The death does a little less damage but does decent damage, heal attacks, and keeps attacks off of the storm allowing both players to end battles at or pretty close to full health.

Delver
Jun 21, 2009
If you already have an oppinion, why did you ask? They are the opposites of myth and life, so they are on the same team.

Delver
Feb 23, 2009
Oops! Excuse me, I ment Death. That was a typo! I like Death better.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2009
thunderbird120 wrote:
They're both good, but i prefer storm
dude how can you even CONSIDER choosing storm against death.With my Wraith I can defeat anyone in pvp in one hit if there is no death or tower shield so you must LOVE losing if you choose storm vs death

Good day :?

Survivor
May 08, 2010
i think death is a lot better! storm is good but storm likes liveind aswome begging for the spell to work! your storm you have 10 health left and you use stormzilla and poof it does not work! and boom! you dead! if you death and you 101 health left you use wraith it work your healed bad guy dies! and storm! you are leaning things from a frog! next thing you know you give him a point for a leap frog game! i side with death! P.S Blaze Windstone lvl 43/42 is the best death wizard EVER!

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
DarkMagedude wrote:
thunderbird120 wrote:
dude how can you even CONSIDER choosing storm against death.With my Wraith I can defeat anyone in pvp in one hit if there is no death or tower shield so you must LOVE losing if you choose storm vs death

Says the person itching for an ego boost lol.

What if there is a Death, Tower. and Absorb, can you still defeat anyone? I think not. It is possible for a Storm Wizard to have a Death shield, a Tower Shield, and an Absorb up.

Also a boosted Wild bolt can do over 6k damage if it doesn't fizzle Well this is what I heard.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
Explorer
Jul 08, 2009
medlnic15 wrote:
both are pretty good, but storm is better.

LOL, gotta love the simple answer that provides no basis, how does it help the OP? If you are going to solo, death is far and away a better school. Its a great feeling to leave battles with full health instead of hoping and praying your spell hits and you don't die while fizzling occurs with storm. Storm is a good school if you have others to play with but its harder to solo than death. Both are good schools in their own way. I would just carefully evaluate how you play and what you plan to do. Answering those questions should help you determine which school is better for you.

Survivor
Aug 05, 2009
Mastermind
Jan 01, 2010
Okay, this post is a few weeks old but I just wanted to comment: I have grandmasters for both storm and death. Death is fun and was easier early on. But once you hit Dragonspyre, storm is MUCH easier! Not necessarily better but easier. With the right clothes storm hits with 85+% accuracy and can knock off multiple 1000+ health enemies at once with Storm Lord.

Defender
Apr 03, 2010
Drifter69 wrote:
DarkMagedude wrote:
thunderbird120 wrote:

Says the person itching for an ego boost lol.

What if there is a Death, Tower. and Absorb, can you still defeat anyone? I think not. It is possible for a Storm Wizard to have a Death shield, a Tower Shield, and an Absorb up.

Also a boosted Wild bolt can do over 6k damage if it doesn't fizzle Well this is what I heard.

Death goes through absorbs. Can storm? Nope. I will have to say death, because if you are in those annoying towers, you dont need to heal or use a potion, you will already have enough health.