Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fizzling Spells. More often now?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
I don't know if its just bad luck, but lately (within the last 2 weeks) my spells have been fizzling more often. Not just one here and there, but sometimes two and three times in a row. This includes a lot of the 85% spells. I've died more often because of bosses getting more spells off while I keep fizzling.
I am curious if others are seeing more spells fizzle and wondering why this is happening. Maybe I can trade my broken dice in for a new set?

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
boscomy1 wrote:
I don't know if its just bad luck, but lately (within the last 2 weeks) my spells have been fizzling more often. Not just one here and there, but sometimes two and three times in a row. This includes a lot of the 85% spells. I've died more often because of bosses getting more spells off while I keep fizzling.
I am curious if others are seeing more spells fizzle and wondering why this is happening. Maybe I can trade my broken dice in for a new set?

This is confirmed, I Have a Grand Diviner, and recently made a Life wiz (which are suppose to have the best accuracy) and a lot of my heal spells been Fizzling a lot lately. Almost as bad as my Diviner which have the worst accuracy.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Defender
Nov 24, 2009
boscomy1 wrote:
i to have noticed that every time i use or see my friend use a death spel l it fizzles

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
I am Death (grandmaster w/grandmaster gear) and sometimes I run with a group of friends to farm the tougher dungeons such as Malistaire, Jotun, the Coven, etc. They are Balance and Life, both with their grandmaster gear. Even so, we seem to fizzle for more often than we should, especially when compared to the monsters we are fighting, which are from the lower-accuracy schools. And it is not uncommon for our side to fizzle in the same round!

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
Yep I have Grand Fire and lately I have been fizzling with an 85% accuracy. :(

Survivor
Mar 08, 2010
i to agree, nearly 90% of the time my first spell of a game fizzles even though my storm got 91% accuracy! my myth dont stop fizzling with 88% accuracy