Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Chain Stunning Can Be Fair!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 23, 2009
Hi! Its Greenboy12 again!(A.K.A. Robert Dragonhunter.) I am here to talk about the chain stunning problem. I know it may be tough to win with this problem, but it is just another strategy to win. So if you are complaining about this, you might just want to try it out for yourself then see if it is fair! I hope you see the point in pvp chain stunning! Hope you have fun!

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
ok, so trying it on a people who aren't doing anything wrong is ok?

Survivor
Jan 23, 2009
I refuse to lower myself to such a thing! It really isn't a strategy, it's for those who can't pvp and resort to this just to get geared. Anyone can win with chain stunning, only good pvpers don't resort to such a low form of pvp.
Tbh fair pvp is much more enjoyable than simply clicking the "win button".
Come on people, show some skill. Kthxbai.
GG KI.

Survivor
May 05, 2009
No it is not in any way fair, building up pips traps and blades for 15 turns to use judgement/tempest is fair, hitting your opponent bit by bit is fair, chain stunning is not fair because your team cannot do ANYTHING at all chain stunning is a cheap way rude players use to humiliate and annoy people who play fair the guy who wrote this thread has no logic.

Defender
Dec 21, 2008
greenboy12 wrote:
Hi! Its Greenboy12 again!(A.K.A. Robert Dragonhunter.) I am here to talk about the chain stunning problem. I know it may be tough to win with this problem, but it is just another strategy to win. So if you are complaining about this, you might just want to try it out for yourself then see if it is fair! I hope you see the point in pvp chain stunning! Hope you have fun!

It is so fair. It may be annoying, but it is a strategy. And you guys think getting killed with wild bolt is fair and this isnt? You think getting killed in one hit by judge is fair and this isnt? Well, if one stun fizzles, you have max pips, you will hit them and most likely someone will giant and lord and the stun team will then get stunned. Next, they hit again and the stun team dies. Every thing has a flaw in it. And you guys got what you wanted by complaining, making it so barely anyone still knows how to stun. One more thing. It is not unfair. It is annoying and a good strategy. And probably you guys are the ones that tell us stop complaining when you are doing it yourself.

Survivor
Dec 14, 2009
</div>
</blockquote>
It is so fair. It may be annoying, but it is a strategy. And you guys think getting killed with wild bolt is fair and this isnt? You think getting killed in one hit by judge is fair and this isnt? Well, if one stun fizzles, you have max pips, you will hit them and most likely someone will giant and lord and the stun team will then get stunned. Next, they hit again and the stun team dies. Every thing has a flaw in it. And you guys got what you wanted by complaining, making it so barely anyone still knows how to stun. One more thing. It is not unfair. It is annoying and a good strategy. And probably you guys are the ones that tell us stop complaining when you are doing it yourself. </div>
</blockquote> Are you joking? Wild bolt can be hard to get past but it makes up for storms low health and can be shielded and even if you go second it wont kill you so heal or shield. So yes to that its more fair than not being able to do anything. And you say what if one stun fizzles, they rarely do since they add keen eyes to them and usually they have three people stunning. And when you said and you think its fair that judgment kills you in one hit, ya i think its totally fair since you had six turns to shield before they used it. I have read your other posts about jugdment and thats taking it to far. Use a tower shield, use absorb. Every school has a way to ruin judgment. Storm can take away there blades, fire can steal there shields and use immolate to take away there traps. Ice can use ice armor, and myth can use earthquake to take away there blades and can also use that spell to take away there traps. Life can use absorb and death can use plague and empower or sacrifice to take away there traps. Which ever school you are now you see you were wrong about judgment. So ya i do think these are more fair than not getting a chance to do anything.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
Well according to KI's response on the issue, it isn't fair,and they are looking for a way to perma-fix it. It doesn't take much thought to determine if it goes against a games spirit by doing it. And to those who say it is a strategy,that is just laughable. So with a perma-fix coming,the discussions on it will be moot very soon.

Explorer
Jul 01, 2009
I agree, the four stun blocks caused my choke to become a totally useless card!

Explorer
Jul 01, 2009
jck96 wrote:
No it is not in any way fair, building up pips traps and blades for 15 turns to use judgement/tempest is fair, hitting your opponent bit by bit is fair, chain stunning is not fair because your team cannot do ANYTHING at all chain stunning is a cheap way rude players use to humiliate and annoy people who play fair the guy who wrote this thread has no logic.

Stop complaining! It's Strategy, not unfair play. Wizard 101 stated that chain stunning may not fun for for the victims, but it is not something to complain about! Now your stupid complaining has made boss battles a lot harder! It just takes the fun out of choke!

Survivor
Dec 10, 2008
In all honesty it's a fair strategy and if your lucky enough to have friends capable of helping you using it in the arena go for it.

When players complain about chain stunning all they do is fluster the developers and have them add temporary fixes( Aka the four stun block patch) which is still incapable of ending chain stunning.

I recently encountered a team who used storm lord, earthquake (to remove the stun blocks) and then next turn storm lord again.

Lets face it,
It's a problem in the game mechanics and the battle system that will have no permanent solution and there fore is something that is useless to complain over.

Defender
May 10, 2010
Survivor
May 11, 2010
RiskYourLife wrote:
I refuse to lower myself to such a thing! It really isn't a strategy, it's for those who can't pvp and resort to this just to get geared. Anyone can win with chain stunning, only good pvpers don't resort to such a low form of pvp.
GG KI.
Chain stunning? Really people just 1v1 then it wont be easy to chain stun. Besides some schools cant even stun, life, death, balance.

Explorer
Nov 12, 2009
How is it fair! Oh, and btw, the people have high accuracy. You get stunned, then the three use storm lord, or the two use storm lord and then the myth uses earthquake, then you are stunned again. Not fun, its not a strategy, its a cheap way to get points.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
RiskYourLife wrote:
GG KI.

I personally think chain stunning is great. Its a lot harder to chain stun now. I just buy stun block treasure cards.

Defender
Dec 18, 2008
akifoniq99 wrote:
greenboy12 wrote:

It is so fair. It may be annoying, but it is a strategy. And you guys think getting killed with wild bolt is fair and this isnt? You think getting killed in one hit by judge is fair and this isnt? Well, if one stun fizzles, you have max pips, you will hit them and most likely someone will giant and lord and the stun team will then get stunned. Next, they hit again and the stun team dies. Every thing has a flaw in it. And you guys got what you wanted by complaining, making it so barely anyone still knows how to stun. One more thing. It is not unfair. It is annoying and a good strategy. And probably you guys are the ones that tell us stop complaining when you are doing it yourself.

lol you're joking right? let's look at the logic behind this, the only way it can possibly be a strategy is if you think it is, and if they have gear, choke 75%+16%=91% same with blinding light, and you know what they do? THEY ENCHANT THEM SO THEY WON'T FIZZLE. i'm just glad KI actually did something about a serious problem this time,

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
Orca wrote:
ok, so trying it on a people who aren't doing anything wrong is ok?

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
lexi3223 wrote:
I think it is fair!

I no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So do I, if i get chain stunned i say that those guys are good.

Survivor
May 09, 2010
well, i guess it can be fair. instead of stun shields they just should have increased the pip cost so you can't chain

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
jck96 wrote:

Well i think its totally fair. Plus the only way to chain stun now is if you have a myth with you