Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Camping Karken issue

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 19, 2010
I know people are trying to get the kraken treasure card and other loot from the kraken, but I had to wait while people camped just to do my quest, then when my RL wife had to wait another 15 minutes to get in I sort of felt put out and let down by the game. I understand camping certain bosses, but they should have a limit on how many time you can do it a day, it's sad to see Magus' sitting there and getting in repeatedly while I have to wait for my quest. Other MMOs call that "Disruptive Behavior" and is Bannable, but not her it seems.

And I know everyone is going to tell me to switch Realms to avoid that, but it's the same in every realm.

Explorer
Jul 17, 2009
You do have a very valid point. I've got 4 accounts and I'm constantly deleting chars and starting over on 3 of them...lol...just like trying different things. But anyway....I too have had to wait and wait. When you finally are able to jump in to enter the battle for your quest I've been told to GET OUT! Go away, we were here first, etc etc. Although I explain I only want to do the one battle to finish that part of my quest. I've even had people keep passing just to make me do all the work....which is fine by me. A limit of 25 battles per day wouldn't be so bad for that one since that seems to be the one that gets used the most. Maybe I'm wrong and it wouldn't be possible. Just my thoughts on the matter.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
It has been a problem for more than a year. It has been posted repeatedly how legitimate questers have been having to wait, switching realms over and over, in order to complete their quests. Even some suggestions have been made to make this easier to accomplish.

Yet KI has done absolutely nothing to address this issue. They have failed to even acknowledge this, or even address our concerns as to why nothing has been done.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
Kraken is one of those bosses were you gotta "hope for the best" when it comes to joining. If your trying to fight bosses like Kraken, here some tips.

1.Kraken spawns when you use that teleporting stone.

2. Try to be the person to run into the Kraken so you get a spot.

3.Make a group so your group members get reserved slots, that gives you 4x the chance to get in.

4. Stand on the outside of the bettlefield if it is in progress, if your on the inside, no matter how much you run around, you won't join.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
MichKendt wrote:
I know people are trying to get the kraken treasure card and other loot from the kraken, but I had to wait while people camped just to do my quest, then when my RL wife had to wait another 15 minutes to get in I sort of felt put out and let down by the game. I understand camping certain bosses, but they should have a limit on how many time you can do it a day, it's sad to see Magus' sitting there and getting in repeatedly while I have to wait for my quest. Other MMOs call that "Disruptive Behavior" and is Bannable, but not her it seems.

And I know everyone is going to tell me to switch Realms to avoid that, but it's the same in every realm.

The big problem is that during the kid's play hours, it is packed due to freebie players. Late at night is good for adults.

The best thing to do would be to reset this as a 'paid player' only area, buyable with crowns, etc....or just make it an instance.

Hero
May 19, 2009
I agree i cant stand these people, i was doing this as a quest with a new wizard. The realm i was in was full so changed to the very last realm in the book, it was also occupied. Then i waited then changed to area 3 on the least populated realm, it was still occupied. I even waited until one of the matches ended, but there was like 8 people hanging around so when the kraken respawned i didnt get in. It took me about 10 or 11 tries before i found a realm that didnt have a full battle going on.

Defender
May 31, 2010

Now when I was a young little wizard and needed to do this quest for the first time , I just ran right in and joined the next round , whether they liked it or not . lol. I guess I got lucky , no one gave me any grief , let me do my quest and I was done with it.

Now I am grandmaster death , I was finishing off the grizzleheim quest last week. I was in the bores camp looking for those birds when I got accidentally pulled into a fight with a very low level wizard. I didnt even have a chance to apologize when she screamed GET OUT!. This wasnt a boss , just a street thug who wasnt going to drop anything good. Not to mention I had over twice the hit points that she had. I could have easily knocked these guys out, but instead I chose to pass , and let her take the brunt of the damage. round , after round after round. Was so sad to see her pass away from such a horrific death , ; ) . Maybe next time she wont be so rude to folks . lol.

Please dont take me the wrong way , I am very helpful to most young wizards , when they scream help , I will always jump in. and always porting my way around the spiral when called. But there are a few who need to be taught manners.

Defender
Jun 13, 2009
MichKendt wrote:

I made a new wizard, had to fight kraken, all the perfect realms were full with tons of waiting people, i ent to a crowded realm and no one was there

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
Mattcactus wrote:
MichKendt wrote:

I made a new wizard, had to fight kraken, all the perfect realms were full with tons of waiting people, i ent to a crowded realm and no one was there

Yeah try crowded realms, I know, it sounds strange, But being crowded or close to full, the realm is crowded in the lowbie levels not the higher levels. There is more Wizards on Crowded realms in the starter areas.

About the waiting to do your quest, well sorry to say, you can thank the high level Morons about that, because they are the ones that allowed lower levels to port to them.

I had seen more Magnus Wizards in this part of the Dragonspyre then Grands, and masters. The lower level wizards are the ones doing all the farming, and takeing up the slots for the Wizards that are suppose to be in Dragonspyre.

Its a MMO and just like every single MMO out their, people want a free ride. They want somebody else to do all the hard work while they leach off of them.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
Drifter69 wrote:
Yeah try crowded realms, I know, it sounds strange, But being crowded or close to full, the realm is crowded in the lowbie levels not the higher levels. There is more Wizards on Crowded realms in the starter areas.

About the waiting to do your quest, well sorry to say, you can thank the high level Morons about that, because they are the ones that allowed lower levels to port to them.

I had seen more Magnus Wizards in this part of the Dragonspyre then Grands, and masters. The lower level wizards are the ones doing all the farming, and takeing up the slots for the Wizards that are suppose to be in Dragonspyre.

Its a MMO and just like every single MMO out their, people want a free ride. They want somebody else to do all the hard work while they leach off of them.

uh, he is talking about the Kraken in Triton Avenue, not the one in the Plaza of Conquest.

Explorer
Jul 17, 2009
try re-entering the portal and leaping in and also i have a level 39 who doesnt do sidequests and she's in ds so make sure they're actually in ds before you get mad