Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Merle Ambrose Problem

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 03, 2010
After gaining lvl 25 I was told to go to Ambrose's office, but when I got there he gave no items or quests. Same thing happened at lvl 30. Is this something that happens, something that perhaps got changed but the trigger was never removed? Or is there something important that's not being offered. If I am not getting something I need to complete a storyline, is there a workaround that can get me back on track? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Adherent
May 20, 2010
I haven't seen this question in at least three days. I guess it's easier/lazier to post the question, instead of doing a simple one-minute search.

This is a well-known bug that gets posted at least three times a week. Professor Ambrose will sometimes call wizards in at level 25 and 30, and occasionally at other levels that are divisible by 5, but he won't have anything of interest to say.

Survivor
Oct 19, 2008
It's a glitch that happens to everyone. Don't fret, it's happened to me many times. It's something that he will have/had for you.

Survivor
May 09, 2010
He just wants to make sure you're doing ok. He's smart enough to know that "Please visit me, I would like to check up on you" is not good enough :)

Defender
Mar 24, 2009
Did Merle summon you without reason? Well, that is just a bug that has been stuck in the Kingsisle Wizard101 thing for awhile, since my starter days. It's a good idea to check up on him every once in awhile, though. :)

Hero
May 27, 2009
He's supposed to be telling you to go to see Bjorn Ironclaws in Grizzleheim, but there is a problem with his dialogue or something. Check which areas you have completed in Grizzleheim and maybe you can enter the next level up now.

Survivor
Aug 16, 2009
As I recall the same thing happened to me while I was going up through the worlds. I think it has something to do with the Grizzehem quests but not 100% certain. It doesn't sound like your missing anything though.

Survivor
Jun 13, 2010
Survivor
Jul 03, 2010
colagada wrote:
I haven't seen this question in at least three days. I guess it's easier/lazier to post the question, instead of doing a simple one-minute search.

This is a well-known bug that gets posted at least three times a week. Professor Ambrose will sometimes call wizards in at level 25 and 30, and occasionally at other levels that are divisible by 5, but he won't have anything of interest to say.

You're absolutely right, I was too lazy to search through the few million topics a search on Merle Ambrose returned, sorry to have forced you to exert yourself when replying. You could have easily broken a nail or pulled a finger muscle while straining to come up with such a marvelous reply. As to the others who posted, thank you for your helpful replies :) .