Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Overpriced Hatchery

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 15, 2008
I think very strongly they need to lower the price for hatching! And make all houses on auction! The hatching price is a RIP-OFF. I am a grand life and i have been one for at least year farming bosses and such for a year, and i dont have even CLOSE to that much!

Hero
May 19, 2009
Come close to what? The mesley 43,000 gold it takes to hatch. The price is fine the way it is, be happy its not at the 100,000 price anymore.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Cut the prices!? They already lowered the price for the hatchery by over half of what it used to be. Do you expect to get a rare pet for free?

And as for buying a house on auction, I would also have to say no. I spent time farming and questing to get enough gold for that house. Why should someone else get the same house, even at higher price, by doing nothing but standing in the bazaar.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 50 Life

Champion
Jan 27, 2009
Really? I can easily make that much in a day, you must be doing something really wrong.

Survivor
Jun 07, 2009
Well they already did lower the prices from about 90,000 to now about 40,000 i dont think they need to lower the prices now i think its fine at the price it is now and if you've been farming for a year you should have way more then enough to hatch or buy a crown house.

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
It isn't a rip-off. You are a grand life, so I assume you want to hatch your satyr.
You have a chance to get a hybrid pet, if you hatch it with another level 48 pet.
You have the chance to get a satyr with another pets stats.
You have a large chance to get another satyr. Before the hatchery the only way to get two satyrs on one account was to raise a second life wizard to level 48.
You can also clone crown shop pets and pets purchased with arena tickets. In essance buying those pets for gold instead of using crowns or tickets. If you pair up, and hatch with another player, your partner has a chance to get a copy of your pet. Rare pets would quickly become common without some type of restriction.
That is why the level 48 school pets, arena ticket pets, crown shop pets, and gift card pets cost so much to hatch.
It is meant to be prohibitively expensive to hatch a pet. It also looks like you will need to buy gold with crowns if you want to hatch using any of these rare type pets.
I guess you could boss Malistare and sell the loot each time, at least hatching isn't absolutely totaly exclusively crowns only.

Explorer
Apr 29, 2010
I think the prices are reasonable for grandmasters provided you have the time and inclination to farm for gold.

Explorer
Jun 17, 2010
Champion
Jan 27, 2009
funnyisaac1234 wrote:
I think they should just make a easier way to earn gold then farming.

:D

Farm the coven of ravens in gh, there are 4 bosses in one fight and each noe of them regularly drop items you can sell for about 1000 gold so you can make about 4000 a fight.