Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Scary Face

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 11, 2009
(I did not find any post on this - Sorry, if this is old stuff.)

I have been through the battle with Death Oni a number of times and never thought to look over the edge until tonight. I now am facing a new reality - THAT THIS GAME CAN BE SCARY!!! lol - jk.

As you approach to do battle with Death Oni, look to the right and below the horizon. You will see a bluish face for a few seconds. It will disappear and reapppear.

I hope that I do not have nightmares because of the scary face.

Now be sure to give the developer/programmer a cookie and a pat on the head. Well done!

Survivor
Jul 05, 2010
rolo527 wrote:
As you approach to do battle with Death Oni, look to the right and below the horizon. You will see a bluish face for a few seconds. It will disappear and reapppear.

I saw it too. lol. It was scary. I hope i NEVER see it again.

Historian
May 28, 2009
8)What face? Plz make a video on youtube to show me. I am in mooshu but i just beat the war oni. Plz tell me what do it looks like. Normally, COOL scary like the wraith(i can draw) or specture, is not scary to me!

Defender
Aug 11, 2009
Sorry, it is nothing that exciting. :(

The face is more than likely the face of the programmer.

There are probably more things like this throughout the game. So, keep an eye out for them and post them for us. :D

Historian
May 28, 2009
Mastermind
Jun 25, 2009
o my GOD! that face is SO SCARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its like blue and its actually like on the left side of the to pillars just look down and you'll see it ( shivers like crazy! )

hunter legendwraith level50 necromancer ( new terrorfied necromancer )

Defender
Aug 11, 2009
The face also appears in the Ancient Burial Grounds at the location where you fight Tomugawa the Evil in order to collect the Spirit Cage. :)

Survivor
Aug 05, 2009
HOW scary i just started in mooshu hopefully i dont flip out of my chair like i almost did on this crazy ghost video NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER! look up ghost videos on you tube THEY ARE MESSED UP so yea how scary is it scary anough to make me yell OMG THIS IS DANG SCARY lol. O and will i am on can some one tel me how to put on smilies PLZ I WANT TO KNOW

and i thought i would tell you what i look like in the game incase you find me.

i wear...........

blue and white mask
a blue and white robes that are torn up
blue and white boots
i were a centaur hydra or minotaur amulet
plague oni sword
badge savior of the spiral
name jacob fire theif
lvl 43

note. prob gonna get a whole new out fit cause i am almost a lvl 45 WOOT

Defender
Aug 11, 2009
The face also appears when you use the Terminus staff (level 45) in battle. Just watch for the face as the energy from the attack rises above the enemy and then falls to the floor. (It may also be part of other staff attacks associated with the Death School that have a similar attack pattern.) :-)

Historian
May 28, 2009
rolo527 wrote:
The face also appears in the Ancient Burial Grounds at the location where you fight Tomugawa the Evil in order to collect the Spirit Cage. :)

Eh... After i beat the wraith, i looked around but there is just red clouds.
A red sky with red clouds. I stared the sky but i still see nothing. Are you sure there is that mysterior face there too? :|

Historian
May 28, 2009
Oh! I saw it. Is nothing that scary man! I have already saw something that is really more scary than that! That is not even scary! If you stare careful a specture's face, you will think even that is more scarier!

Survivor
Jul 11, 2009
i cant find the face :( all i see is the background. also is this just the face that comes off of otomo's staff of dreaming if you look closely on the part that glows

Defender
Aug 11, 2009
You'll need to look down in order to see it - look below the horizon and wait - it should appear (refer to the original post). :)

It undoubtedly is a joke from a developer.

There is a long history of things being placed into programs by developers/programers. I remember one easter egg which involved the programer, an axe, and his bosses. Needless to say, the bosses eventually found out (long after the game had been released) and they were not happy with him. But he was a top programer at that time.

Delver
Mar 08, 2009
Survivor
Aug 05, 2009
THAT FACE IS NOT SCARY it is not even me and my friend even said it was awesome and took pictures of it not scary so any one who has not seen it it is not really that scary and honestly dont see what so scary about it :? :

Explorer
Mar 29, 2009
i haven't seen it. But now i'm kind of freaked out to look! lol
Still scared But i think i'm gonna go look

Catherine Windrider Lvl 49 Balance

Defender
Mar 13, 2010
I have seen many details in some of the boss rooms that show the great artistic work of much of this game.

Mallistaire's Lair is especially wonderful. While fighting him, be sure to notice the dragon eye that appears in the background. I was unable to find this again after the battle.

I need to go back and find the "scary" face that I have not seen.

Explorer
Mar 29, 2009
I went to the death oni and looked all over the place and didn't see. You sure?

Catherine Windrider Lvl 49 Balance

Survivor
Aug 11, 2008
I heard that the scary face is also where you fight the jade oni. i scare easily so im not looking forward to that! :(

Defender
Aug 11, 2009
Look between the pillars on the right side as you approach to do battle with the Death Oni. You will have to look on an angle to see it. :) :) :)

Survivor
Jul 11, 2009
yeah i saw the face. it wasnt really scary. i thought it was a little... disturbing. thats all

Survivor
Aug 05, 2009
trust me it is there i have seen it just when your walking down the lane to the death oni turn right a look at the edge and wait.

Survivor
Apr 25, 2010
Defender
Aug 11, 2009
A scary face also appears in Lord Nightshade's personal attack (where he hits you himself). In happens so fast - It might be the same face as mentioned above.

Have fun!!! :-) :-) :-)

Defender
Aug 11, 2009
Additional information -

When approaching to do battle against Kagemoosha/Death Oni (Tree of Life) and Tomugawa the Evil (Ancient Burial Grounds), you pass eight towers (four on each side). The last tower on the right often has a flame that is replaced by a blue light. That blue light is the same "scary" face that is mentioned in the original post. They appear, disappear, and then reappear at the same time.

I think an appropriate name for this mysterious and “scary” face would be Dr. Death.

Have fun!!! :) :) :)