Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Whats up with labrynth

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
I was told to go there to find some guy, It was part of a chain I got at 48 from my School of Focus instructor. It is an instance which I can not get into, the circles are not lit up. Is this a known bug or did I miss something somewheres? I did all the side quest in DS and still can not access labrynth.

How do I get this area unlocked? I checked all over DS for 8 hours and there are no Quests anywheres. I wish KI would be more specific on there quests.

Oh and how do we open the Portals to the different zones in DS at the Basilica? I found were ever portal door was by running around looking for quest to do, I entered these doors which took me back to the Basilica, and no portal appeared there. The only one I can use is the one Cyrus Drake opens for us upon arrival in DS.

I can port back to Basilica threw these doors like it was opened, but I can not use them at the basilica to port to the areas, well, because they are not there.

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
Drifter69 wrote:
I was told to go there to find some guy, It was part of a chain I got at 48 from my School of Focus instructor. It is an instance which I can not get into, the circles are not lit up. Is this a known bug or did I miss something somewheres? I did all the side quest in DS and still can not access labrynth.

How do I get this area unlocked? I checked all over DS for 8 hours and there are no Quests anywheres. I wish KI would be more specific on there quests.

Oh and how do we open the Portals to the different zones in DS at the Basilica? I found were ever portal door was by running around looking for quest to do, I entered these doors which took me back to the Basilica, and no portal appeared there. The only one I can use is the one Cyrus Drake opens for us upon arrival in DS.

I can port back to Basilica threw these doors like it was opened, but I can not use them at the basilica to port to the areas, well, because they are not there.

Well the reason is probably that you haven't done the main quest. I also highly doubt that you did every side quest in ds. If you can only go through on portal than you're at the first section of ds. There are a ton of quests in ds and you're just starting ds. The labyrinth is in the second portal once you have unlocked it. Since you can't go in the second portal yet but you have a quest there than I think you are supposed to be in the second portal already but haven't done the main quest to get into it. I'm sorry if this is confusing lol. Hope this helped.

James Skull Wielder
49 necromancer

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Drifter69 wrote:

You cannot enter the Labyrinth until you follow the storyline, and that will eventually take you there. There are many times in the game where you get a special quest, usually from your school professor, that sends you to an area where you don't have access yet. You can either wait until you follow the storyline yourself, and get there on your own. Or you can find a friend who already has access, and ask them if you can teleport to them in that area. I'm not sure if this will work on your "special quest". Sometimes you have to do them ALONE.

As far as not being able to enter the portals to other areas, the same thing applies. You must follow the storyline, and it will lead you to the different areas.

One last thought, when I first went to Dragonspyre, I missed one character and got held up looking for new quests. It was Zelen Battlehorn in The Grand Chasm. After I talked to him, I got some new quests and moved on in the game. Hope this helps.

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
Thanks for this input, I will take this into consideration. I forgot how Wizard101 is real strict about the Storyline thing. Still not use to the way the game plays. Them Hardcore MMO's I love to play, do not push Storyline as much as Wizard101 does.

It never crossed my mind that I had this same problem in Mooshu aswell, I apparently missed 1 quest line that helped me unlock an area my Wizard was told to report to by his instructor.

As far as the lack of quest. I am still not finding any at the moment. I am gonna have a look around DS later today to tripple check the zones for more quest. If the info here-in is correct which it probly is, then I had obviously missed some quests some wheres.

Thanks for the help everyone :D
I ran into other players in game that had the same problem, and didn't not what to do yesterday I will be sure to pass the word to them today if I see any hanging out there that they have to do all Storyline quest first to access the area.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
One more comment about accessing the areas in Dragonspyre...

There have been a couple of posts about not being able to get into the Necropolis for the first time. Be sure to pay attention to the dialogue in that quest when you are told to "Explore the Necropolis". For the first time you visit it, you cannot enter through the portal. You MUST enter it through the double doors at the back of The Plaza of Conquests.

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
Thanks again everyone. At least the post is up here for players not sure where to go or what to do if their Instructors tell them to enter the Labrynith, and they read the forums.

Apparently I found the start of the quest chain to get to Lab, it was hidden deeply in my quest log. I looked for any quest that had the title of Dragonspyre in it, and clicked on the "?" of the quest, to re-read the dialogue of where to go or what to do. Well I had to go down some steps that where behind an NPC in one of the number of Tower Instances in Dragonspyre. Three floors later I started that whole quest line for lab.

After I killed Lord Obsidian I was then led to another NPC that gave me they key for the Labs. Yay!

Thanks everyone for your input
See some of yall in Celestia

Explorer
Jul 13, 2010
Drifter69 wrote:

you need to complete the drake hatchery, (i think) then i think you get the quest to the labyrinth

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
When I first completed the Labyrinth over a year ago, I could re enter the gated area without having to do the entire quest over. That's how I found the Stone Rose for my life grand. I was surprised, and unpleasantly so, when I went back a few weeks later and the gate was locked. Why does KI make you do the entire dungeon over and over to get into that gate? Don't get me wrong-I love farming and amassing equipment to sell, but the Labyrinth is insanely hard to solo, and I typically play in the morning when not many people are online. Is there any way to give amnesty to people who have completed this zone in the main story line, and let us into the gated area?

Thanks! Erin Dawn Weaver, Grand Master Life, Erin Ice Weaver, 2500 xp points from Grand Master Ice (if I can just get that Labyrinth rose)