Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crab Pet

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 16, 2009
Just curious, for those pet farming for the Crab Pet in Mooshu, after you defeat the Crazed Forest Spirit, do you stay in and fight him alone to try and get the pet or do you keep going in and out? I know after the initial unsuccessful attempt, if you wait a few moments, he will appear by himself, which makes defeating him easier, thus making the possibility for winning the Crab a little quicker. My only concern is that doing it this way may somehow effect if he drops the pet or not. Plus, who's to say the fairy doesn't drop the Crab. Anyway, just a thought. If someone has won the Crab Pet by defeating the Crazed Forest Spirit in this manner it would be helpful to know, otherwise I'll just keep going in and out of the palace just to be on the safe side. Also, I'm on my 99th battle and still no Crab Pet

Survivor
May 28, 2009
my friend got it by staying in side but it took forever. (we stayed up the entire night farming and he got it in the morning.) i've seen the pet myself.

Survivor
Aug 16, 2009
Update! Well I have now defeated the Crazed Forest Spirit 165 times and still no Crab Pet. I'm wondering now if he (Crazed Forest Spirit) has stopped dropping the pet. If someone has gotton the Crab Pet recently, like in the past week, it would be nice to know and would provide some incentive to keep trying. Thx

Champion
Jan 27, 2009
He still drops it but because it is a crown pet (presumably available in celestia when it comes out) it is VERY rare

Defender
Apr 08, 2009
I am jealous becuase several of my friends have gotten this pet from the crazy forest sprit!

Survivor
Aug 16, 2009
Update No. 2 - Well I finally got the Crabling. It took 182 tries, but I got it. I think it was worth it too, it's a cool funny looking pet. Oh, and get this, after completing the Crabling hunt, I went to Grizzleheim to farm the Life Minotaur and got it on my second try, go figure....Anyways, good luck and good hunting!

Defender
Apr 08, 2009
rwpkdp wrote:
Update No. 2 - Well I finally got the Crabling. It took 182 tries, but I got it. I think it was worth it too, it's a cool funny looking pet. Oh, and get this, after completing the Crabling hunt, I went to Grizzleheim to farm the Life Minotaur and got it on my second try, go figure....Anyways, good luck and good hunting!

Congrats! I am still trying to get it.

Survivor
Apr 01, 2010
I must be lucky when it comes to pet farming, cause I got the crabling in 4 tries. Kinda wish that luck would rub off on me when it comes to drawing the right cards for battle though

Explorer
Dec 19, 2008
Explorer
Feb 24, 2010
i got it on my hundredth and somein try. i spent 4 hours and then i got to of them :D :D :D :D :) :-) :) :D

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2009