Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Chain Stun Solution Needed BADLY

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 21, 2009
4v4 PvP'ers everywhere complained for ages about the loophole in the system of fair gaming known as "chain stunning." Kingsisle finally addressed the problem, and now all stuns bring about 4 stun shields. For 4v4, this is okay. It, for the most part (Earthquake stunning is still possible), removes chain stunning from W101.

However, the rest of the PvP world is suffering from this "solution." Storm and Ice wizards can no longer succeed in the high ranks of 1v1, as we can only stun once in a duel, unless we feel like casting 4 Storm Lords/Frost Giants on top of that. My strategy in 1v1 on Storm revolves around a Storm Lord/Storm Lord or Storm Lord/Triton combo attack. The first attack stuns my opponent, leaving them open for another powerful attack.

This strategy got me above 1,000 rank, but my Storm will not be going into the arena until a better solution is found. The current solution works for 4v4, yes, but not for anything else.

I suggest that KI makes this Stun Block rule only apply to 4v4. Feel free to post your own solutions.

Thanks for reading,
Onion Knight of Wizard101central

Survivor
Apr 05, 2010
As a player who primarily uses a grandmaster diviner to PvP, I'm telling you to get over the changes. You should have seen this coming for a while. Simply adjust your strategy and tweak your deck. What you do shouldn't be seen as a static situation and will succeed all the time. New strategies are devised all the time, and players need to adjust. Storm spells do enough damage that you can stop relying on the stun effect to really hurt your opponent. Personally I only use two in a deck to increase my chances of getting one when I need it. As for using it, I usually employ it to clear minions or set up for a big hit. Any real effect it has on the other player is a bonus. Just be more careful how you use it in future games and develop a better strategy. I know thats what I have done.

Explorer
Feb 21, 2009
scarecrow182000 wrote:
As a player who primarily uses a grandmaster diviner to PvP, I'm telling you to get over the changes. You should have seen this coming for a while. Simply adjust your strategy and tweak your deck. What you do shouldn't be seen as a static situation and will succeed all the time. New strategies are devised all the time, and players need to adjust. Storm spells do enough damage that you can stop relying on the stun effect to really hurt your opponent. Personally I only use two in a deck to increase my chances of getting one when I need it. As for using it, I usually employ it to clear minions or set up for a big hit. Any real effect it has on the other player is a bonus. Just be more careful how you use it in future games and develop a better strategy. I know thats what I have done.

Kingsisle said themselves that this wasn't a viable solution, they only added it in to stop the chain stun complaints while they try to think of a better solution. Do they do enough damage? Not when every opponent I face has 4 Towers and 4 Volcanic Shields. Just using Triton over and over isn't enough to win a duel. Setting up for a big hit doesn't work as Storm in PvP, because most people will always try to keep a shield up against Storm; they aren't going to let you sit and stack blades/traps.

Developing a better strategy is not needed. If you ask any of the best Ice/Storm duelists on the game how they duel, almost all of them (besides the Storm bolters) will tell you that Frosty/Lord is crucial to their strategies. I am no different. Kingsisle said they would be implementing a new solution, and because of this, my deck will not change until KI follows through.

Duncan E.