Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

WOW!!! Rudeness Royalty!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 26, 2010
I've experienced some "kiddies" that haven't had proper upbringing, but that was nothing compared to this server. I started my circle..killing two goons, had one down....and this guy JOINS ME. After my other one is killed and the one that he brought was killed, he yells, literally yells at me, "STAY AWAY FROM ME!"
I thought....what...the...heck? He joined me. I do hope there is a way that such insolence can be bridled. Is there a way of reporting such crude people?

Thank you,
Cy

Because false reporting can be construed and/or used as harassment of other players, we’d like to take a moment to ensure you are aware of what does NOT fall under the category of a reportable offense:

“S/he falsely reported me” or reporting someone for false reporting (2 wrongs don’t make a right)

“Won’t leave my house” (pick your friends wisely and avail yourself of the non-porting option)

“Being rude” (We’re sorry, we can’t enforce good manners. Use the ignore button liberally &/or change realms. It’s wholly up to you to choose to stay around someone that’s not nice to you.)

“Chain Stunning” (admittedly, it’s not much fun for the receiving team, but it’s not a violation of the game rules).

“Scamming” (KingsIsle will NEVER ask for treasure card(s) in exchange for a code. Trading “cards for codes” is done at the players’ own risk. Codes are either fully public or one time use)

“Spamming” (Although the Terms of Use mention spamming, it’s related to email/web posts. Yeah, it’s annoying in game and never of profound statement. Refer to “Being Rude”).

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Cyinarra wrote:
I've experienced some "kiddies" that haven't had proper upbringing, but that was nothing compared to this server. I started my circle..killing two goons, had one down....and this guy JOINS ME. After my other one is killed and the one that he brought was killed, he yells, literally yells at me, "STAY AWAY FROM ME!"
I thought....what...the...heck? He joined me. I do hope there is a way that such insolence can be bridled. Is there a way of reporting such crude people?

Thank you,
Cy

I've run into this too. Easiest way for me to handle this is press "escape" and "Quit". I don't lose mana that way, and the other guy is left there alone. I wait a little bit and then log back in.

Then I switch realms to get as far away from him as I can. You have these kinds of people in all games, and in real life too. Don't sweat the small stuff. Go on playing the game and have fun. There are a lot of nice players out there too...

And I really don't think they are all "kiddies". I believe some of them are older...

Defender
Jun 30, 2009
wow i'm really glad i never reported anyone. i have ran into kids who rude me, but it usually falls into the category of being rude. i thought being rude was the main reason people were reported.

Hero
May 27, 2009
I take it you don't have a Life wizard, or you'd hear all kinds of rudeness -- "HEAL ME!" and "HEAL NOW" even if you just said you had no heals in your hand and to please wait. No "please" or even "plz" - just a demand. I sometimes friend "little" wizards on my Life Grand just to be nice, but when they act like that, I have to shake my head and click Remove during the battle. I tell them I am not anyone's dog to be told to "HEAL" on command.

Explorer
Mar 11, 2010
The 'joining' gets worse the farther up the ladder you go.
There seems to be a population of lower levels in Mooshu and Dragonspyre who join your duels last minute for the drops.
Great for them I suppose, but more a problem for you as it brings in more mobs for you to handle. And it's you battling the extras because there is no way they are ready to handle them.

We just have to pt up with this until KI finds a solution to the lower level porting.

As for player rudeness, this game is actually very tame and well controlled compared to the others out there. Trust me on this - when you chose this game, you landed in paradise.

I've played many others. I still have nightmares.

Defender
May 31, 2010
I am noob. Been here only a few weeks and have followed storyline and did what I believe, all the side quest I could find. Currnently level 47 death in Dragonspyre atm.
I have had similiar problems. Last night was once of the worst cases of low level porting. I was fighting those several main bosses that you need to duel in order to get admittance into the dragonspyre academy. They are right off the street , forget which area. The last boss had such a high level of hit points , I was a bit tired and decided to hire a henchman in order to fight him off and finish the quest for the night. 99% of the time , I fight bosses alone. I have only met one other woman so far , that we help each other with quest. As I am fighting , getting about half his health knocked down , thanks to my hired henchman, this person joins the battle . he only had around 1,000 health. I am currently around 2500. He had no decent spells , either passed on the round, or threw out a spell that created problems with a setup, as I took the brunt of the beating. I didnt want to log out , as I had paid crowns for that henchman , and didnt want to lose my money. He kept zapping in and out of the rounds too. I am thinking he must have been fighting this battle on several realms , seeing which one was the best for him.
I really need an option to lock a duel, especially when I am paying cash money to fight the boss. I really don't need some leach hanging onto me. I understand how on the street you can get pulled into a duel when you don't want too. Its frustrating for both the person already in the battle and the person who got dragged in. But with the fight I did last night , it was intentional. The boss was not on the street , and needed to be summoned with the crystal.
I have worked very hard and put in time to get where I am in the game. Not to mention the money I have spent on hired henchman. I don't feel I should have to carry someone else along , and they get to benefit from my time and money. Could also give me the option to when I put the person on ignore , it also prevents them from joining any duels with me.

Defender
May 31, 2010
Was just thinking about a few ideas that could help prevent low level leach issue. I guess if I searched they might have already been suggested , but here is a few....

* Instead of just the story line needed to enter another world , How about setting a min health point requirement ? Or maybe a min level requirement needed to enter a world , or port to a world ?

* The ability to lock duels to the person who originally triggered it? Especially , if they spent crown for henchmen. Might not work for street thugs , could be abused, but least add it for bosses not on streets.

* Give the option not only to "ignore" person , but it also prevents them from joining any duels with you.

* My home is my sanctuary. And well sometimes , I don't even want friends visiting . Give me the option to block everyone from home.

Defender
Jul 15, 2009
TwinkleJinx wrote:
There seems to be a population of lower levels in Mooshu and Dragonspyre who join your duels last minute for the drops.
Great for them I suppose, but more a problem for you as it brings in more mobs for you to handle. And it's you battling the extras because there is no way they are ready to handle them.

We just have to pt up with this until KI finds a solution to the lower level porting.

As for player rudeness, this game is actually very tame and well controlled compared to the others out there. Trust me on this - when you chose this game, you landed in paradise.

It's weird, I suppose, but I've never actually had this problem. And that's with me spending an hour or so rolling Burning Hates in the Plaza for pet snacks and sellable gear with a friend.

I grant, though, that posts like this have made us cautious about how we go about it. One of us usually immediately switches us to a perfect realm, and has the other port to them. There are usually precious few of the juniors on the perfect realms.

And if we do get a junior hopper, and another target? Just because junior is in the fight doesn't mean we also don't get the extra loot from that new target. It usually only means another 3 minutes of dueling, and 6-7 mana spent.

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
MsSandy121 wrote:
Was just thinking about a few ideas that could help prevent low level leach issue. I guess if I searched they might have already been suggested , but here is a few....

* Instead of just the story line needed to enter another world , How about setting a min health point requirement ? Or maybe a min level requirement needed to enter a world , or port to a world ?

* The ability to lock duels to the person who originally triggered it? Especially , if they spent crown for henchmen. Might not work for street thugs , could be abused, but least add it for bosses not on streets.

* Give the option not only to "ignore" person , but it also prevents them from joining any duels with you.

* My home is my sanctuary. And well sometimes , I don't even want friends visiting . Give me the option to block everyone from home.

the only real problem i have with this is that my kids have way lower level toons then I do. So to help them get exp/gold I have them port to me in DS or where ever else I am fighting.

I would love a button that we could push that said 'no help' and lock the encounter though.

ellie

Survivor
Mar 23, 2010
They really need to put some kind of minimum level to be able to enter a zone. Make people do alot of the side quest along with the main quest so they have the proper spells, hps, and equipment for each new world.

Explorer
Dec 20, 2009
MsSandy121 wrote:

Please tell me that You are gonna regret that.Make a Storm Wizard when I came to DS I had 1300 health if that is made everybody just make a Ice Wiz so they can get in DS by Magus just saying.That will mess up since us Storms have to level to level forty five before we can step in Dragonspyre thats when I got 1800 health with gear.

The Level Requirement is good maybe level forty two when we get our second to last spell?This is agree able and will be good.It will benefit people who went in the area since Ds will be in line with there Fire power.

Taylor LotusFist Grand Diviner
-Knowledge is Limited Imagination is Endless.

Defender
Mar 09, 2009
How about this:
If you don't have a key to the world, you get little or NO experience points for joining a battle in that world.

Rogan Firehammer

Survivor
Oct 03, 2009
Rogtim wrote:
How about this:
If you don't have a key to the world, you get little or NO experience points for joining a battle in that world.

Rogan Firehammer

This is the best idea for how to handle this issue I've seen yet. I agree totally...

Autumn Jadeheart

Defender
Mar 13, 2010
Part of the problem is the limited menu chat. I get very frustrated trying to say anything to a person without text chat. There is just so much missing.

How about a "please don't do that." "I can't heal right now." There are others I often wish I had.

I think "that was rude" might be important to add. I am surprised at how many don't realize that something is rude.

Survivor
Aug 16, 2009
Better yet, if you don't have the key you can't go to the world. I'm a grand death and I have to change my badge to "Hero of Unicorn Way" or something like it just o go into Wizard City. I worked hard for that badge but all the friend requests that show up make it unrealalistic to wear.

I used to accecpt the request knowing how hard it is to play the game alone, but then all kept getting was "Port" Help" "Port Now" or "let's go defeat Malistare" meaning i will tag along while you do all the defeating. It just wasn't worht it so I no longer accecpt friends below level 42 that i don't know.

I often go help my kids with there quests at rthe lower level's but never do they come to me in a world they haven't earned themselves. It is a insult to those of use that did the game and earned our way to the top.

The number of level 20's and 30's in DS trying to farm bosses then crying for help is getting way out of control. It used to be if you were in DS and had a friend request you were safe in saying ok but no more.

No key no world is the best way to prevent this from happening. I know it will take people longer to level up but at least they earned it, and really, do you want to start MB as grand, kinda takes away from the way the game was meant to be played.

Historian
May 28, 2009
Cyinarra wrote:

Thank you,
Cy

CY? What do you mean "Cy"?

Cyrus Drake?

Survivor
Aug 23, 2009
Rogtim wrote:
How about this:

Rogan Firehammer

good plan

Defender
Apr 30, 2010
There is definitly a problem with lower levels porting to you in ds and ms. When I was battling the Gurtock Demon once somehow three wizards all below level 20 joined the fight with me. Now of course Gurtock was only attacking me and when the lower leveled wizards ran out of spells or died they just stayed in the battle. I would have died in that battle had i not gotten lucky and gurtock's killing spell fizzled and i killed him. Since it was just Gurtock it wouldn't have been so bad if i had died but it would be a huge problem if you were fighting/dying on the streets and some low level joins in and drags in another person. You should have to be a certain (but reasonable) level before your allowed to enter certain worlds.

Aaron FireStone lvl 49 Pyromancer

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
TwinkleJinx wrote:

you are absolutely right, twinklejinx. i am a grandmaster, but i mostly have to deal with rudeness, and now with the fact you can throw people out of your house, i have a safe haven (provided i make sure that i restrict my home to friends only, not friends of my friends, and if a friend gets rude, he's outta the park XD . and off my friends list lol. ) . you are also right about those other games. 8 out of 10 are murder. and as for the low lvl porting. the drops they get may be to high for them to use for a long time. one time i saw a level 1 novice myth in ms. not a 2, not a 3, but a 1. i fell out of my chair. and guess where he was heading? tree of life thats where! he wouldnt last a minute in there, without knowledge of how to avoid fast moving opponents and spells powerful enough to win if he gets in a battle. lets face it. the only way he could kill death oni and his minions if they passed every round for the entire battle. anyway, KI, plz restrict the levels that go to different worlds without proper access. a guy in mb should be able to port to ms, and stuff like that, porting to the next world in the spiral, but i dont want any more level 10's joining me while farming malistaire and taking the spot reserved for my best friend. it just gives some low level the best badge in the game, and thats just pathetic. anyway, cya guys around!