Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

ice school

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 30, 2010
Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Ice is not meant for large hits. The school of Ice has the least damage because of its defenses. They get far more health than any other school and they also get tower shield which protects against all damage, not just a specific type. Also most of the equipment for Ice Wizards have resistances to all schools not just Ice. This gives Ice the staying power to wear the enemy down not destroy it within one or two hits.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 50 Life

Survivor
May 04, 2010
Ice may seem weak in the lower levels, but hang with it friend... You get global resists, a ton of hitpoints, and if you secondary with life to Satyr, you simply cannot be killed. You might not get the super-fast kills, but you can take a ton of damage before you strike the killing blow to them.

Plus, once you level up a bit, Colossus and Frost Giant (coupled with blades and traps) can ruin just about any enemy's day.

Jack Frost - Grandmaster of Ice

Explorer
Dec 10, 2009
I have 2 ice grand masters, and i take ice over myth and balance, well add fire to that list too, anyday
I have a grand master in every school (2 accounts) , but passed on balance and myth seconds (we have one wizard left to develop and he is a fire in wc)

i think myth is the weakest personally and balance and fire a close second - part of this is because of my style of play i'm sure
but fire fizzes to much and with lower health- be careful! myth? the multi player hits are no higher or less than ice's, the multi hit (minotaur and orpheus), can be good or can be wasted (feints are a waste)
earthquake you have to be careful or others in circle will scream (rightly so) if you remove their traps and the points are less than frog

balance? just dont care for it, but again, the multi player hit spells are lower or same as ice's, the hydra to me is again, not worth the pips inless all blades in place- dang i think i have the pet card only in my deck
judgement is ok - if , unlike mine, you dont fizzle 2/3 of the time

i admit i am spoiled by the Storm power, the hang in there power of life , death , and ice

the only thing i feel is terribly unfair is that ice must wait till level 38 for the blade THAT is rediculous- look how early fire gets it! you're still on unicorn way!

ok i have to get back to work

GO ALL SCHOOLS !! Especially your own favorites ! LOL

Explorer
May 23, 2009
Ice is not nown forits damage but or its protection.

ICEROCKS!

l4d356 wrote:
why is ice so weak i mean blizzard is not strong like storm and fire :?

Survivor
Dec 16, 2009
yeah so maybe we don't have the strongest spells but in the end it kinda doesn't matter. I mean, it really all depends on how well you play. If an ice wizard uses balefrost and throws in some traps and boosts and tosses in some shields, then dude, we're pretty tough cookies. So... I might be a little biased. I'm an Ice wiz, I confess. But like one of you guys said before, if you have Life as your second school, you're practically unbeatable. Admittedly, it's a little tough to be an icy when you start off, but wait till you're like, level 20 or something and it starts to get really cool (no pun intended). Hope this helped some! and good luck 8)

Explorer
Jul 17, 2009
kiranda wrote:
I have 2 ice grand masters, and i take ice over myth and balance, well add fire to that list too, anyday
I have a grand master in every school (2 accounts) , but passed on balance and myth seconds (we have one wizard left to develop and he is a fire in wc)

i think myth is the weakest personally and balance and fire a close second - part of this is because of my style of play i'm sure
but fire fizzes to much and with lower health- be careful! myth? the multi player hits are no higher or less than ice's, the multi hit (minotaur and orpheus), can be good or can be wasted (feints are a waste)
earthquake you have to be careful or others in circle will scream (rightly so) if you remove their traps and the points are less than frog

balance? just dont care for it, but again, the multi player hit spells are lower or same as ice's, the hydra to me is again, not worth the pips inless all blades in place- dang i think i have the pet card only in my deck

i admit i am spoiled by the Storm power, the hang in there power of life , death , and ice

the only thing i feel is terribly unfair is that ice must wait till level 38 for the blade THAT is rediculous- look how early fire gets it! you're still on unicorn way!

storm only has high hits because it has low health each school has good things that effect stuff and make them bad

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
viradis wrote:
yeah so maybe we don't have the strongest spells but in the end it kinda doesn't matter. I mean, it really all depends on how well you play. If an ice wizard uses balefrost and throws in some traps and boosts and tosses in some shields, then dude, we're pretty tough cookies. So... I might be a little biased. I'm an Ice wiz, I confess. But like one of you guys said before, if you have Life as your second school, you're practically unbeatable. Admittedly, it's a little tough to be an icy when you start off, but wait till you're like, level 20 or something and it starts to get really cool (no pun intended). Hope this helped some! and good luck 8)

Hmm I am gonna take this little comment into consideration. I been spoiled by the Hail Mary damage of Storm(of course if their is no Fizz, but unlikely)

I also been liking Death(Who is almost out of KT on day three) for the most part, it is fun to level, and soloing is not to bad(Feint I think stinks)

I dabbled in the Ice arts til almost 16 level, I dunno I think I got bored faster with ice then the other schools, so I tried a fire guy til 16. Not bad, good damage, but the Fizz's are almost as worse as Storms. I do not want another Wizard like my 48 Diviner that can not cast a single spell( my's well paint a target on his chest)

I may get back into Ice starting tomorrow. I dunno him being a 16, casting the same spells over and over gets old pretty fast. Not sure about the Life part though (his is death), My diviner is Life, and it is a very, very rare accurance that I can get a Life card in my hand that I can use. Well do to Storms extremely High Pip cost on spells.

With my Diviner it was a lot of this in my head over and over for several levels:

" Wow that hit did a load of damage, oh Seraph is up. what ever it is( the horse leg dude) with sanctuary burning, and a life boost on my armor=a heal boost. Yay! Wait that guy has 1256 hp left, I have 6 Pips Should I use Tempest, Triton, Storm Hound or Stormzilla? If I use Storm cards it might kill this guy with the blade and trap boost. Then I won't have enough pips to heal next round for the other guy though. alright I am healing. *next round* I need pips to cast my Storm cards! waiting, waiting, Son of a! Give me a power pip! waiting .... Finaly pips! [cast tempest] Fizzle!. Boss[cast weakness(no point of using Storm cards now)] Oh,... wand..... ok now I can burn off the weakness. Boss [Cast metiorite strike] with a trap on me and a blade on him." Dead Now I am back at Bacilica.

Point being I had 1 Life card (heal) that showed up in my deck that round, and there is 4 copies of it in there.

Survivor
Jul 23, 2009
superluther wrote:
Ice is not meant for large hits. The school of Ice has the least damage because of its defenses. They get far more health than any other school and they also get tower shield which protects against all damage, not just a specific type. Also most of the equipment for Ice Wizards have resistances to all schools not just Ice. This gives Ice the staying power to wear the enemy down not destroy it within one or two hits.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 50 Life

I know ice isn't meant for large hits, but it has good other spells. Stun is good because it helped me win a battle when a guy had enough pips to beat me and my turn was first, so I stunned him and after that, I had enough pips to win. With the ressitances I have in what my guy wears, I can ressist every thing but storm 18%, and storm is ressisted 20%.

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2009
l4d356 wrote:

AHHH! ICE IS NOT WEAK! The spells might do less damage than other schools but that doesn't matter because Ice has a different playing style, which I happen to like a lot. I wish people would stop saying ice is weak cause it isn't. With frostbite paired with balefrost and ice trap and maybe ice blade, you'd lose probably more than half your health if not more within about four rounds! And when an Ice wizard's second school is Life, then, well, good luck defeating them!

Defender
Jan 03, 2009
kiranda wrote:

I do agree about the ice blade thing, but myth isn't quite as weak as you say (so long as you know how to use it well) anyway I'm getting off-topic, ice is great bye!

Defender
Jan 03, 2009
catboy2197 wrote:
l4d356 wrote:

AHHH! ICE IS NOT WEAK! The spells might do less damage than other schools but that doesn't matter because Ice has a different playing style, which I happen to like a lot. I wish people would stop saying ice is weak cause it isn't. With frostbite paired with balefrost and ice trap and maybe ice blade, you'd lose probably more than half your health if not more within about four rounds! And when an Ice wizard's second school is Life, then, well, good luck defeating them!

I agree (and I'm a conjurer)