Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

using gold on boss chests?

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 09, 2009
hey i have got a lot of gold but theirs nothing worth while to spend it on. and i have been farming bosses for level 50 gear. i dont have the money to constantly buy lots of crowns so i was wondering if instead of crowns their could be a choice of using gold. instead of starting with 100 crowns you would start with 1,000 gold. and you just multiply by 10 for the crown increase to gold.

and when your using crowns on the chests could you make the stuff we get from it worth while to because i hate using it and getting a really usless hat or boots over and over again.

just a though and i think that it would make the chest stuff more worth while

The second chance chests will always only be for Crowns. They allow you to shortcut the game.

You can either spend the Crowns to access the boss's loot in the chest, or take the time to redo the dungeon for another chance at the boss's loot.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Squire
Jul 08, 2009
ProspectorZeke wrote:
The second chance chests will always only be for Crowns. They allow you to shortcut the game.

You can either spend the Crowns to access the boss's loot in the chest, or take the time to redo the dungeon for another chance at the boss's loot.
So why cant subscribers get a shortcut. Its not fair at all. We subscribe for 10-60$ and they pay like what 5$ and THEy get more advantages?

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
that and you sometimes get gold back so you would spend 1000(you said?) for 300 back

Hero
May 19, 2009
FlipFredFredBurger wrote:
ProspectorZeke wrote:

So why cant subscribers get a shortcut. Its not fair at all. We subscribe for 10-60$ and they pay like what 5$ and THEy get more advantages?

What is with you? Always complaining about crown players. When it seems you dont know the first thing about them.

A subscriber can pay only $10 and beat the game withen the month.

For a crown player to beat the game withen the month, they would have to pay over $70 just to unlock the areas they need.