Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Parental control password issue

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
Hi! I have waited for my mother to buy me crowns and she finnaly caved and decided to buy me some. We decided a reasonable amount and when we went to checkout the notice came up that said she had to enter her parental control password. Just my luck, she forgot her parental control password. We tried a few passwords to no avail and we finally clicked forgotten password. It sent the info to her E-mail adress but she remembered she didn't have that adress anymore!
Here are my two questions. If you send a forgotten prental control password Email to yourself, does it change your password to the one in the Email? Question number two would be, how can we reslove this?

Adherent
May 20, 2010
If you use the "Forgot Password" feature, it will send you a new random 7-character password to the email on file. The parent should then log into parental controls with the new password and use the "Change Password" feature to change the temporary password to one that will be remembered.

To resolve it, send in a ticket to Support, explaining the situation and giving the usernames, the email address that was used, and an email address to send a reply to. KingsIsle will probably reply asking for more details, to verify ownership.

Mastermind
Jan 01, 2010
Contact Help & Support via email. Hopefully they can sort it out for you!

Explorer
Mar 11, 2010
Sorry if I'm off the mark, but this sounds a bit like someone wanting to get their hands on secured parental controls.

Have your mom send a request to Help and Support with enough account information to prove she is indeed the parent, and they can take it from there.
Her access to it is vital if she ever needs to cancel the subscription, too.

Another option is to buy a store card, as it's the same Crown exchange rate as buying them online here. That route, you get a little pet, too.

Good luck.

Administrator
Ahh yes... All these young students are correct. I'm very proud of you all!

If your parent has changed their email in the time since they've setup their original Parental Controls, then they'll have to contact our fine Senior Support Wizards to get help.

Please make sure to include the user name (no password) the billing name and address on file and the last 4 digits to the credit card (or Gift card) that was used last.

Our Senior Wizards will cross reference and reset the Parental Controls for the account allowing your parent to update their email.

** Here's a tip you can give your parents! Since we all know how easy it is to change email address these day. They might be interested in getting a common web email address, such as gmail, msn, or yahoo.

You can auto forward these to other addresses too, that way you'll always have access no matter who you get your email address from.

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
My password didn't work anymore for some reason (even though I didn't change it) and when i clicked forgot password it said it would send to my email, I checked to make sure it was the correct one. Anyways it didn't send it

Survivor
Aug 07, 2009
thank you so much mr.lincoln i have the same problem thanks!!!!!!

Survivor
Aug 07, 2009
hi my mom read what mr.lincoln said and sent you guys an email with everything you asked did she do something wrong because this is the 5th day i have not gotten an email or is it just taking a long time thanks for any help