Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Another privacy option, please.

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 30, 2010
Ever since i started making friends from the moment i got on to the moment i got off i was asked for help or somehow ended up in a conversation that i didn't even know had started. I usually go to my friends when they ask for help but recently i've been getting back to my old quests and i had to tell them that i couldn't at the moment and so two minutes later they ask "Can you help now?" there have been times when i have had a conversation with four different people at once (Three through text chat and one who was just fighting with me) And others times i have had friend help requests so stacked up i spent about two hours trying to help each one of them. Maybe i'm just being too nice but i don't want to be mean and tell my friends that i don't want to help them, cause they're friends. If you help your friends later they'll help you too but i'd like some time to complete my own quests. It would be nice if they could add a Stealth privacey opition that made it so you didn't even appear on your friends' list. I don't want to ignore them all the time but i don't want to be always helping someone else either.

Aaron FireStone lvl 49 pyromancer
-give a man a match he will be warm for a moment, set him alight and he will be warm for the rest of his life-

Explorer
Mar 11, 2010
" -give a man a match he will be warm for a moment, set him alight and he will be warm for the rest of his life- "

Funny :D And true.

Explorer
Mar 11, 2010
I am hoping that with the introduction of Celestia we see a few more helpful additions to the game.
KI does surprise us with unannounced goodies, and I certainly hope this is one of them.

Survivor
Aug 24, 2009
TwinkleJinx wrote:
I have a Grandmaster Sorcerer and a Grandmaster Life, and neither can get a moment's peace in the game.

From the moment I log on, I am spammed with help requests and friends who want to have long and meaningful conversations when I would just like some time to myself to do my own thing.
Now, our only option is to remove them, which is no option at all.

Please let us have the option of offline status when we choose to go it alone for awhile.

KI, would this be a programming nightmare, or something we could have as a most welcome addition to Options?

You've given us a nice array of privacy options, but use any of them on your friends, and you have a whole new set of problems. :(

If this has been said before on the Forums, it bears repeating.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

I like where you're going but thats why KI made the power to "Ignore" people so just do that and you should be fine.
~Death the Kid

Defender
May 29, 2009
Turn off overhead chat and Ignore your friends and block friend requests. Although a private instance would be nice. I know a few RPG games that give private instances where only temp. party members and friends can get to by teleporting. You just have to ignore or block teleports and it is all over.

I'm saying this because the thread was about stealth mode, not ignore, so I am doin the original subject

Explorer
Mar 11, 2010
neopot39 wrote:
Turn off overhead chat and Ignore your friends and block friend requests. Although a private instance would be nice. I know a few RPG games that give private instances where only temp. party members and friends can get to by teleporting. You just have to ignore or block teleports and it is all over.

I'm saying this because the thread was about stealth mode, not ignore, so I am doin the original subject

If you add a friend to your Ignore, it removes their name from your Friend list.
When you then remove them from your Ignore list, it deletes their name permanently.

The request I am making is the option to log into the normal game without my name appearing on friend lists as 'Online'.

Thanks for posting, everybody.