Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The new updates

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 22, 2009
Alright, lets get this straight, it was terrible to get through dragonspyre, took so long because it was so hard with such small reward. It was grueling, it was painful, it was just plain hard, but isn't that the point of ds? To be a challenge, but the thought of beating the game would keep you going? These new updates basically make it another world where you grind through and then are onto the next one, except until Celestia, this is the last one! I really don't understand why Kingsisle would listen to some of the people who don't want to deal with a challenge to say they beat the game, and just want to say "yay! i beat the game!" without doing much more than grinding away at quests that were too easy. I understand making them a bit more expierence, i'm all for that! mooshu quests gave more expierence! However, making the enemies easier changes the world for the worse, because that impacts the actual story line of ds. All in all, i am about 17% for this update, and thats only because they are increasing exxpierence. Thanks for taking your time to read my rant.

Survivor
May 20, 2009
SO true but i'm just starting dragonspyre only at the necroplis and yes i am mad at how hard it is its just a pain but i'm a little for the making enemies and quest easier just because i'm balance and its hard fo me to solo

Survivor
Nov 16, 2009
They didn't just change it for the people complaining. They changed it so future worlds don't have to be impossible.

Explorer
May 22, 2009
MagusMaster wrote:
They didn't just change it for the people complaining. They changed it so future worlds don't have to be impossible.

What do you mean? So that future worlds can't be HARDER. Come on, I like a good challenge, but as I said in an unrelated thread, it seems the majority of players here do not.

Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
the only thing that i don't like right now is I am at level 50 and I can not get any more exp. points until they finish what they say they are going to do.

I would like to know when that is going to happen...I have not yet finished Dragonspyre because it would do me no good because I would not get any exp points for facing malister

I have also notice that it is going to take at least 3 hours to get through the last part of it and also that if you don't have any one with you to help you with this that the only other problem is when you need to put the crystals on to get to open a door they don't last to long for that part of the quest.

any one have any ideas on this???????

Explorer
May 22, 2009
I think that your expierence just keeps going until you hit max, where you cannot gagin anymore, but are about to level up. Then when Celestia comes out you can levevl up easily, but I am not entirely sure, this is something that has scared many grandmasters.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
guywoj wrote:
the only thing that i don't like right now is I am at level 50 and I can not get any more exp. points until they finish what they say they are going to do.

I would like to know when that is going to happen...I have not yet finished Dragonspyre because it would do me no good because I would not get any exp points for facing malister

I have also notice that it is going to take at least 3 hours to get through the last part of it and also that if you don't have any one with you to help you with this that the only other problem is when you need to put the crystals on to get to open a door they don't last to long for that part of the quest.

any one have any ideas on this???????

They said it would be late summer.

As far as not doing any more quests because you won't get the experience points, that is kind of silly. When Celestia comes out, the level cap will be raised to 60. I can guarantee that there will be enough stuff to do in Celestia that will enable all those grandmaster who have nothing to do because they completed everything to still be able to level up to 60.

So if you stop now, what are you going to do when you reach level 60 in Celestia but haven't completed the world, stop again?

Having not done Malistaire, how can you notice that it will take at least 3 hours? It has never taken me that long to do it, even with 2 players instead of 3 or 4.

Yes, Mailistaire's lair is not solo-able. But it is not difficult to find someone to go in with you. Chances are you will be doing Malistaire's lair several times, as some of your grandmaster gear is only dropped in there. So get some help for the first time around, then later go and help others for additional chances on your gear drop.