Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Begin your Journey to CELESTIA

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 14, 2008
Thanks for replies Zeke, it REALLY is appreciated.

Also, since my 4 other Grand Masters aren't playing now, until update, I have started finishing up my Life Wizard(now level 48) and I have found the bigger towers now have a level of life pips that is refreshing before the last boss(Sylvia Drake, Pyromancers tomb, Chasm towers etc). It does help even if I am life, and heal, using up all potions before boss dose make it better.

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
As Zeke has stated multiple times before, you don't have to complete the Celestia Spiral Key tower to go to Celestia when it opens. Couple of notes, you do NOT have to have a Life GM to complete tower, I did it with two GM Fire wizards and myself GM Ice. Three of us beat it using stragegy and good battling techniques. It is a CHALLENGE, which requires thinking, stragegy and practice, something many players seem to have forgotten is a fun component in the game because completion denotes accomplishment. Yes it can be frustrating, but that makes victory all the more sweet and satisfying.

Survivor
Dec 07, 2009
Survivor
Apr 18, 2009
One question, if these new quests to get the Celestia spiral key aren't required to enter the Celestia world, then what's the point in having them? Also, if this is the new area for grand masters too level, why would you let new and low level wizards run around there? Or is Celestia going to be like Grizzleheim, where there are quests for all levels?

I like how they did the tower in Marleybone, if forces you to think, to pay attention to patterns and to learn how to strategize. Now I haven't had the pleasure of trying it myself, but I watched my roommate do it the other night, and there 'appears' to be a pattern to the way the bosses use interrupts. So here is a loose, somewhat untested strategy to help all you wizards out that are having problems. Now this is based off my own observation of the battle as well as the chat going on between the other players that had done the tower multiple times.

So here's some tips, hope they help.

1. More than likely, you are going to get defeated, quite possibly multiple times during the run. So get use to the idea.

2. Set up a teleport point near the entrance of the tower, so when you recover from defeat, you can port back and join the fight in a jiffy and not have to run.

When you get to the Lobster boss with the three skeleton boss minions, here are some points to keep in mind.

- Casting any healing spell while the Life Skeleton is still alive will result in a rebirth interrupt
-Casting storm spells while the Storm Skeleton is still alive is likely
to cause a Storm Lord interrupt
-Attacking the Lobster Boss while other skeleton bosses are alive
can cause something nasty to happen, though I wasn't able to discern exactly what.

I'm sure there are more interrupts they do, but haven't found the exact conditions for them yet, and I didn't see the entire battle for myself. Will be changing that soon for a better strategy guide :-)

When you go into this fight, the first thing you want to do is focus fire all your most powerful spells on the Life Skeleton first. It is vital that you take him out as soon as possible so that you will be able to start healing yourselves. From there, pick the next skeleton you want to tackle and take it out, then move on to the last skeleton. Once they are gone, the Lobster Boss is easily taken care of. He likes to cast earthquake, so be careful about spending too much time stacking blades on yourselves.

Now for the top floor and final fight, it gets even tougher. My roommates team got their wands handed to them, but here was what I was able to garner from watching the battle.

-Attacking the main boss or the cat boss while the two rat bosses are alive
will result in a Tower Shield interrupt. (their tower shield seems to be stronger than a 50% reduction but this is untested)

-Using Healing spells while the Cat Boss is alive will result in a Rebirth interrupt

-Hitting the Boss while the other minions are alive seems to cause a Fire Dragon / Power Nova interrupt

This fight was a pain to watch, my roommates team would try to take out the Cat Boss first to stop the Rebirth Interrupts, but they were constantly getting Damage Reduction charms stuck on them and everytime one of them would hit that boss, the rats would interrupt with a tower shield. So their most powerful attacks were getting reduced down to 50 - 100 points.

The best strategy that I can see here,(if someone knows a better one, please post with detailed explanation) is to focus all your fire power and take out the rats first. Pick one and everyone dog pile on him, then move on to the next. From there, you should be able to take out the Cat Boss without tooo much trouble, and then all that leaves is the Main Boss.
You will probably die multiple times during this fight, that's why the teleport point is so important, drink that potion and get back in the fight ASAP.

Anyway, sorry for the wall of text, but I hope this helps some of you frustrated wizards out there.

Defender
Apr 24, 2009
Well, I wouldnt be against if they did require the preview quest to enter Celestia BUT not make the final tower in MB a cheating tower. The preview quest is big enough as it is and at least if they require you to do that quest especially after you have gotten and beaten the quest "The Final Countdown" than it will keep lower levels and noobs from accessing Celestia early now the low levels and noobs port in on you during a battle in Celestia is another story and problem. I myself just dont want to be a babysitter for any low levels that port to me in Celestia and then they expect me to protect them and heal them because they have small amount of hp to survive the new world.

Defender
Apr 24, 2009
WizardCityMelis wrote:
:D When it says final countdown quest in DragonSpyre. Does it mean you have to beat DragonSpyre? When I mean beat, defeat Malistaire?

yes you do. (basically) you have to have the quest to go on the dragon and go into the actual dungeon of malistiare.

Defender
Apr 24, 2009
Dear all the people who are getting their butts wooped by cheating bosses,
here are some helpful tips to beating that dungeon.
(in Marleybone of course!)

all of those cards that are NOT power ups or lvl 48 spells,
take them out of your deck

(of course, leave a few healers in there)

and you can leave a little lower ranked spells in there, (no more than 10!)

but what me and my team did was,

we used lvl fort ty ate spell like crazy.

if you're going to do what i just said,
you MUST have the card named: reshuffle to reshuffle your cards if you're running out of cards.

all i did in EVERY battle was i would fire blade and element blade myself,
(i am fire, and fire rox my sox) then i would dragon.

no traps.
no element traps
no spirit traps
ill tell you more in another message

Explorer
Jun 18, 2009
Hello I'm not a grandmaster but I finished the Final Countdown quest. If I am not a grandmaster when Celestia is released will I still have access?
Thanks,

Scarlet Willow
Master Sorcerer Lvl 48- Dragonspyre

Victoria Dusk
Magus Necromancer Lvl 32-MooShu

Survivor
Mar 16, 2009
ProspectorZeke wrote:

An urgent message has come from a faraway world!. For those of you who have completed the Final Countdown quest in Dragonspyre, visit me, Halston Balestrom, in Ravenwood. I urgently need your assistance!

These are the Preview Quests to Celestia. The world of Celestia will be open later this year, but these preview quests do not have to be completed for you to gain entry to Celestia when it arrives to the Spiral.
i have just deleted my old fire grandmaster on accident and now i feel so horrible is there anything i can do to bring it back :(

Survivor
Nov 05, 2009
Hero
May 02, 2009
ShamanRekindle wrote:
One question, if these new quests to get the Celestia spiral key aren't required to enter the Celestia world, then what's the point in having them? Also, if this is the new area for grand masters too level, why would you let new and low level wizards run around there? Or is Celestia going to be like Grizzleheim, where there are quests for all levels?

I like how they did the tower in Marleybone, if forces you to think, to pay attention to patterns and to learn how to strategize. Now I haven't had the pleasure of trying it myself, but I watched my roommate do it the other night, and there 'appears' to be a pattern to the way the bosses use interrupts. So here is a loose, somewhat untested strategy to help all you wizards out that are having problems. Now this is based off my own observation of the battle as well as the chat going on between the other players that had done the tower multiple times.

So here's some tips, hope they help.

1. More than likely, you are going to get defeated, quite possibly multiple times during the run. So get use to the idea.

2. Set up a teleport point near the entrance of the tower, so when you recover from defeat, you can port back and join the fight in a jiffy and not have to run.

When you get to the Lobster boss with the three skeleton boss minions, here are some points to keep in mind.

- Casting any healing spell while the Life Skeleton is still alive will result in a rebirth interrupt
-Casting storm spells while the Storm Skeleton is still alive is likely
to cause a Storm Lord interrupt
-Attacking the Lobster Boss while other skeleton bosses are alive
can cause something nasty to happen, though I wasn't able to discern exactly what.

I'm sure there are more interrupts they do, but haven't found the exact conditions for them yet, and I didn't see the entire battle for myself. Will be changing that soon for a better strategy guide :-)

When you go into this fight, the first thing you want to do is focus fire all your most powerful spells on the Life Skeleton first. It is vital that you take him out as soon as possible so that you will be able to start healing yourselves. From there, pick the next skeleton you want to tackle and take it out, then move on to the last skeleton. Once they are gone, the Lobster Boss is easily taken care of. He likes to cast earthquake, so be careful about spending too much time stacking blades on yourselves.

Now for the top floor and final fight, it gets even tougher. My roommates team got their wands handed to them, but here was what I was able to garner from watching the battle.

-Attacking the main boss or the cat boss while the two rat bosses are alive
will result in a Tower Shield interrupt. (their tower shield seems to be stronger than a 50% reduction but this is untested)

-Using Healing spells while the Cat Boss is alive will result in a Rebirth interrupt

-Hitting the Boss while the other minions are alive seems to cause a Fire Dragon / Power Nova interrupt

This fight was a pain to watch, my roommates team would try to take out the Cat Boss first to stop the Rebirth Interrupts, but they were constantly getting Damage Reduction charms stuck on them and everytime one of them would hit that boss, the rats would interrupt with a tower shield. So their most powerful attacks were getting reduced down to 50 - 100 points.

The best strategy that I can see here,(if someone knows a better one, please post with detailed explanation) is to focus all your fire power and take out the rats first. Pick one and everyone dog pile on him, then move on to the next. From there, you should be able to take out the Cat Boss without tooo much trouble, and then all that leaves is the Main Boss.
You will probably die multiple times during this fight, that's why the teleport point is so important, drink that potion and get back in the fight ASAP.

Anyway, sorry for the wall of text, but I hope this helps some of you frustrated wizards out there.

The way the Tower Shield is stronger is that it removes the 0 at the end of the attack (i.e. if you used a wand that did 100 damage, then the tower would make it only do 10 damage.) Not sure how it affects the other attacks, but I would guess that it would remove the number off the end of it (i.e. if an attack did 1348, then I would guess the tower makes it do 134 instead.)

Survivor
Dec 25, 2008
killbillone wrote:
i gave up[ trying to get their spent 8am 7pm trying to get in thire all wyes a wipe team fell apart and gave up. try to day to do it it was a wipe. CELESTIA
quest done wich it try no more till kings fix it :x :x

What you should do is not do it. When Celestia comes out get to about lvl 58 then go back and do it. Hope this helps

Zachary Blood Lvl 50 Grandmaster Necromancer

Survivor
Jul 15, 2009
It took me three tries to beat the tower, but it can be done. I did not use any henchmen, or spend any crowns. I am a Life wizard and went in with a Storm, Fire, and Balance wizards. We worked well as a team, and it seemed like it took forever, but we beat it. It was worth the effort and I learned a few new tricks with my life wizard. Don't give up! They can be beat and the adventure is worth it.

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
seasnake wrote:
I'm hoping the new celestra world will be made really difficult and hard as it makes end game play more enjoyable while waiting for the next worlds. Challenge is preferred.

i hope that the world celestra will be hard i have 6 grand masters and all have done the quest in mb if the group you go with works together you will make it i help any and all players if asked and think that it is fun i just wist the quest that we have done after 50 we get the xp that for thoese quest good luck in the game

Defender
Apr 24, 2009
Rebel3705 wrote:
seasnake wrote:
I'm hoping the new celestra world will be made really difficult and hard as it makes end game play more enjoyable while waiting for the next worlds. Challenge is preferred.

i hope that the world celestra will be hard i have 6 grand masters and all have done the quest in mb if the group you go with works together you will make it i help any and all players if asked and think that it is fun i just wist the quest that we have done after 50 we get the xp that for thoese quest good luck in the game

Harder than for a ten year old? This game is for everyone ten and up and a game shouldnt be made harder even the next world even if kids play this game. Fine do it for WoW but not this game.

Defender
Jan 08, 2010
zeke (KI) plz make the world a combination of mooshu and dragonspyre. make it have a lot of xp like in ms for quests and make the quests hard like in ds. thats all i am asking.

P.S. i dont ask much of you anyways. well actually this is my first time i have asked you guys for anything.

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2009
i just got MS, but when will we actually get to see what celesita looks like? i want to at least see the icon! oh, and how willl we shortain it? Wizard City is WC. Krokatopia is KT. Grizzlehiem is GH. Markeybone is MB. MooShu is MS. Dragonspyre is DS. But what will Celestia be? CS? CT? CA? CL? I want to know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-o :-o

Survivor
Feb 19, 2009
Finished the tower a few days ago and got to say it was challenging but its not impossible. At least you are able to jump back in the fight if you die. I think they have done a wonderful job and here's why. For those players that have a hard time with it, you dont have to complete it to continue. For those players who like a bit of a challenge and like to strategize they definately get it in the tower. So i say thank you for being open minded to all of us. Your doing a wonderful job. I am looking forward to seeing Celestia.

Survivor
Sep 26, 2009
I think the tower in MB is very challenging. I took me three tries on the test realm, but only one try on the live realm. If its your first time in the tower try to get people who have been there before so they can show you the tricks of it. A fire and storm are good to have on your team and a death. You might need a life so they can heal you especially before bosses. I made it through the tower with two grand ice wizards, a fire, and a life which is me. It is also a good way to find items that sell for over 4000 gold in the bazzaar. A last tip is to have people who already did their level 48 school quest to that they have attacks that hit all enimies. Good luck!

Sabrina PixieGem
Grand Life :D

Survivor
Mar 17, 2009
12j3 wrote:
At least you are able to jump back in the fight if you die.

We have tried the tower 5 times so far and have not been able to enter the fight or even port to our friends if we die. What are we missing?

Defender
Jun 12, 2009
Rhemas wrote:
I defeated that Tower in Marlybone. At least they let us run again from where you left off. I must have died 5 times straight at the final boss. Thank GOD for the free crowns I went back in to the last floor with 4 henchmen, 2 ice and 1 storm, I was death and I used beguile on the boss 4 times to get done!

That one was a pain!

Oh and the previous bosses cheat REAL bad, I mean 7 pip spells with only 1 pip, that is not just cheating that is highway robbery. and then they go 3 times on there side before you can go again, OR you as the first player go once, then their side ALL go, then your next guy, then THIER side all go again, and so on, and so on...At least beguile lasted through all of those quadruple dipping cheats! I mean come on, how are you supposed to live with that? Fire Dragons every hand, and twice a round?
generalstormclaw isn't REALLY hard just a kinda a challenge but estrakir knuckles mc. cloud and the illosionist guys you just gotta blade yourself (which means bringing a balance) to balanceblade bladestorm elemental shield and dream shield which almost blocks every attack except balance and then have an ice to use tower shield to block any moves and let the balance and ice shield and blade while killing the rats somehow then estrakir's burn nova and fire dragon will not do as much and balance and storm can take a lot of hits so they continue to blade and shield and the 2 rats are dead knuckles will probably have a bunch of tower shields and so will estrakir (don't attack estrakir yet) then use the sword attack or a rand 2, 3, or 1 spell to break off all the tower shields (and the balance and ice continue to blade and shield) beguile estrakir with a death while a myth death or life attacks knuckles soon knuckles will eventually die from his own teamate's attacks and also your attacks pwning him. you all will probably be at low health here's where ice comes in with the pips and the death switches out to useing sacrifice and strangle on estrakir while the balance dream shields and the ice sword attacks and the life myth or death also sword attacks soon all his tower shields will be gone and the ice can collosus and ice giant once and also if your first person is a life type then it can also help the death heal and since there is no more knuckles the life should satyr and dyrad with a lot of pips and the balance dreams shields you and blades you to deflect scarecrow and the ice when waiting for pips she or he can use tower shield to help deflect scarecrow and you can also beguile him to scarecrow himself which also helps his health will gradgually decent so keep up the same routine and if you run outta cards the balance can reshuffle. good luck -joshua wraith lvl 50 balance wizard

Defender
Jun 12, 2009
blizzardkid94 wrote:
seasnake wrote:

Have you been on the test realm and gone through the new tower/dungeon? There are many areas of this game that are difficult and the new tower is the worst as far as difficulty. KI needs to keep things balanced and give more XP so that wizards can actually get to level 60.
is warehouse harder than celestia? if it is i'm dead

Defender
Jun 12, 2009
doodle69 wrote:
Just did the quest to get to celestia, to the tower in marleybone anyway, there you get in a fight ith a boss and 3 henchman who continually hit you with the storm lord, colossas even tho they have no pips , wizard 101 has bragged up celestia for months and then make it unwinnable with a farce like this. I have 4 Grandmasters and when I think of the time I spent getting to that point and waiting all winter for the new world, then to find out they set it up where the boss's cheat so you don't advance? what a farce and a waste.
don't tell me that every single boss in celestia cheats UH-OH!

Explorer
Aug 20, 2009
After countless attempts at this Tower, I was finally able to defeat the Bosses. My team consisted of a Death Wizard (me), a Storm Wizard, a Fire Wizard, and a Life Wizard. With this team, we tore straight through the monsters in there. HOWEVER, is this what Celestia is going to be? A world of CHEATING? If Celestia is going to be full of cheaters, then Wizard 101 will lose many subscribers. I REALLY hope that the Creators of the game are above this. I have been waiting for Celestia to come out and do not want to be disappointed by cheaters.

-Valerian DarkBringer- lvl. 50 Death/Life

Survivor
Apr 24, 2010
I am very excited about the new world coming to the Spiral, Celestia. Naturally, I have a few questions and comments.
First I have the following questions.
Will there be any quests that offer trainng points upon completion?
If so, will there be more than one?

Secondly, I too, welcome challenge to be included in the new world. I have not yet done the new warehouse quest in Marleybone, because I am having a hard time finding a team willing to attempt it due to all the comments of how hard it is from those who have completed it. :-( :? and LOL! So, in full acknowledgement of not experiencing the difficulty yet, I look forward to this challenge. With that said, I do hope the that the tools to be able to successfully complete this quest will be available without having to buy and spend crowns. In all fairness, I'll post my feelings after completing the quest, as soon as I canfind some players willing to go with me. :-)

Thirdly, I agree with several comments already posted in this forum about experience points and grand masters. I do think that grand masters should be able to bank the experience points they might currently earn. For example, I have 2 quests that I have completed that I have not turned in yet, in hopes of using those xp's toward leveling up to level 60. However, if this is not the case, I have every confidence that there will be plenty of quests in the new world to allow me to get to level 60. So, for me, this is not a huge point of contention.