Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Define Sidewalks More

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 18, 2008
For making the game better I have an idea. I occasionally get drawn into battle even though I'm on the sidewalk, this is a bad thing. If the sidewalks could be defined more then this wouldn't happen

Administrator
Not all worlds on the Spiral have safe sidewalks, be careful no matter what street you are on!

community@wizard101.com
Explorer
Aug 25, 2008
Professor, there are several places where there are supposed to be safe sidewalks, where the enemy pathing brings them so close to the sidewalk, they become able to "see" players, and pull them into battle.

Krokotopia is a major culprit here. There's several places where the enemies "cut corners", and one or two narrow, between-hallway-and-round-room spaces where the enemies' pathing doesn't take the narrowed area into account.

It's really rather irksome, to say the least, to be in the clearly marked safe sidewalk area, and still get hauled into a fight.

Elsewhere, I've been hauled back into a fight after finishing one, and not even having time to click a potion and drink it ... because new enemies spawned into the World ... and apparently, newly-spawned enemies (at least in Marleybone) do not check your just-finished-fighting status. This is extremely irksome, especially when it happens three times in a row. (No, I'm not kidding about that.)

Defender
Aug 19, 2008
If you watch for a moment before rounding a corner or an object that "sticks out" you will note:

1...most goons travel a set path until you disturb him

2...you will learn when to wait a second before rounding that corner, good practice for when you get to Marleybone and there are no "defined sidewalks"....

Note: if you could control every aspect of the game it would get boring quickly! Like the fizzles...it keeps the game challenging.

Remember: dying in the game doesn't "hurt" anything but your pride!
I fight many bosses alone...I always "plan" to die the first try! I just go right back in!

Good luck!

Survivor
May 29, 2009
also i have a question about the dungeon's sidewalks. when i went into the one to find grubb i was walking on the sidewalks and i got pulled into a fight ever second of it !! so i want to know are the dungeon sidewalks safe or not because imagine playing a level 15 ice character and having to fight three level 3 elites because the sidewalks glitched! :? so lady greyrose please reply to this cause it really irks me 8) . also by the way you are my favorite proffeser and i like how you respond to the forums, alot of other games dont so thanks.javascript:emoticon(''); see you in ravenwoodjavascript:emoticon(':D');