Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Grayed out items in backpack

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 01, 2010
I am at level 30 and have numerous items in my backpack that I can't use and can't put in my bank because they are grayed out. Will I eventually reach a point where I can use, sell or transfer them to my bank? Please help!! Thanks.

Items that have the little hand icon are what you are currently wearing.
Items that have the little dollar icon were purchased with Crowns.
Items that are greyed out, you cannot wear.
Items that have the words "No Trade" on them cannot be placed in the Shared Bank.
Items that have the words "No Auction" on them cannot be sold at the Bazaar.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Delver
Feb 23, 2009
Example;

If you're Myth, and you have a level 35 hat, you must level up to level 35 before you can wear it.

Example 2;

If it's dark, then you'll never wear it. Again, if you're Myth, and you have Ice shoes, then you can't wear it.

(You're probably not Myth, but just examples if you didn't know)

(:

To create a future, you must predict it.

Sincerely,
Elizabeth MistLeaf
Level 41 (Master Thaumaturge)

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
The greyed out items that you don't want can be sold at regular shops, not at the bazaar, and I've never ran into a grey item that I couldn't put into my bank or shared bank. Any of your characters on your account should be able to put in and take out any item you have in your shared bank.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
lucycattledog wrote:
I am at level 30 and have numerous items in my backpack that I can't use and can't put in my bank because they are grayed out. Will I eventually reach a point where I can use, sell or transfer them to my bank? Please help!! Thanks.

For greyed out items, you could put them in your "shared bank account". They are probably for a different school than you are currently using. You might start a new wizard on the other school, and that other wizard will have access to the "shared" bank account.

Or you can go to the bazaar or other shops, and sell the items that you can't use or don't want to keep.

You can't transfer them to your "own bank" account, because you can't use them anyway (if they are for a different school).

Hope this helps.