Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Anyone Else Have Trouble Avoiding Battles?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 16, 2008
I know I have trouble with it...
But, I just got in the world today, so I'm used to the slow Krok's. These O'Leary enemies are FAST!
(And the thing is, I did Ironworks many times with friends when it always gave 100% experience!)

Does anyone else get caught into a battle a lot? Just wondering.

Explorer
Sep 11, 2008
Explorer
May 22, 2008
Yeah it's rough, you really have to pay attention and time your moves correctly. Just wait til you get to the gear-heads.

Survivor
Jun 24, 2008
Sometimes, running throught the middle works, now always though.

Survivor
Sep 20, 2008
im also new to marleybone and i get caught in accidental battles quite a bit. although i hate running into the giant spiders! they use the absorb spell which really bothers me... plus there isnt a side walk! what kind of place is this!

Survivor
May 28, 2008
There's a few things you can do to avoid fights:

1)Make sure your internet connection is fast because lag will make the server think you are somewhere other than where you think you are. When my daughter and I play on side-by-side computers and our connection slows down, there's a huge difference between what each of us sees sometimes. (that's what makes the game pull you into a fight when you weren't anywhere near the bad guy usually)

2)In marleybone, stay in the middle of the street and stop on the ramps periodically to watch the bad guys. Take note of where they cross the streets and always look both ways before stepping out into traffic.

3)In the areas with really fast bad guys, just follow one of them.

4)Watch out for other players who may start a fight while you are in range of the fighting circle.

5)In most areas, the bad guys all move in one direction (clockwise or counter). Try to favor the side of the street that will keep you moving the same direction as them.

6)Watch out for spawn points if there are other people in a fight because the bad guys can spawn right on top of you. Unfortunately, the only way to know where the spawn points are is by seeing the bad guys spawn, but they are usually at the end of the street from what I have seen.

Survivor
Sep 20, 2008
After a while you get used to running through the miidle and paying attantion to enemies the cross to the other side. if the enemy runs in a circle, follow it. gear heads are almost as fast as you and most run in a circle so following them shouldnt be a challange. excspecially since they usually go inside eachother and make a 2 in one package XD.

Survivor
Sep 16, 2008
Those Gearheads Are Fast I Just Got Into That Area With Them, I Alway Trick Them Becuase I Just Stay Behind Them But Not To Close Or You Get In Battle.

Survivor
Jul 12, 2008
Here is a hint for the Giant Spider Squisher.... Yes they put up alot of absorb shields. But did you know that a select few death spells can "go around the shield"?

The Ghoul, Vampire and Wraith spells that "Steal" life from the other person and give it back to you, go around the shield and hit them with full force.

Its a handy way of getting around having to kill thier absorb shield first!

When at the Library Card Sellers, stock up onthe Ghoul and Vampire treasure cards!!!

Survivor
Aug 04, 2008
That always happens to me, it bugs me a lot. Also the foes come out to fast. I saw about 5-10 foes together at once. When I cross the streets in Wizard City, Kroktopia, and Mooshu I always get caught too. :)

Survivor
Oct 31, 2008
At least the other places have actual sidewalks, but you could always just use escape + quit to get out of battles. :P Unless you're in an instanced area, of course. Then that'd just be bad.

Developer
I noticed several people mentioned following the fast monsters. This is important. If you have a choice of crossing the street in front of a monster or crossing behind, it is better to cross behind.

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
Dorrisa wrote:
How did you get into Marleybone anyway????? :?

8)
Defeat Krokopatra in Tomb of Storm, Krokotopia; Afterwards, you will eventually get the key from that soldier at the Oasis who gave you your second Potion.

YW....
8)

Survivor
Nov 12, 2008
...getting by the gearheads... *shudder* Still gives me nightmares! :-)

Marley was definitely different from the other worlds. Now that I'm past it, I sort of miss the excitement of trying to get by safely. Walking around feels to easy now. I had assumed it would stay that way through out the game once it was introduced. Like hard-mode, once you've mastered it, it don't usually go back to easy-mode.

Survivor
May 20, 2009
trust me i dont like fighting but i agree with the others WAIT TILL YOU SEE GEARHEADS THEY GO AS FAST AS A REALLY REALLY FAST THING

Survivor
Dec 18, 2008
its hard at first but you get used to it i hated and i use to destroy my computer lol :-) :) :P

Defender
Dec 14, 2008
lol if you think chelsea court and other places with gearheads are bad...... wait till you have to do KATZENSTEINS LAB!!!! that palce is ALL gear heads pot bellies ( slow and easy yay :D ) and myth spiders that will lag out and sort of stop were they are....

Survivor
Feb 01, 2009
it took me a while to get used to the enemies in marleybone too. now i hardly even think about it. i always stop in the middle of the street and plan where i think the enemies will get before i make a dash for it. i always mark a location after a lot of gearheads if i know i will be back soon.

Survivor
Feb 01, 2009
Dorrisa wrote:
just finish krokosphinx

Survivor
May 31, 2009
zane010898 wrote:
I know I have trouble with it...
But, I just got in the world today, so I'm used to the slow Krok's. These O'Leary enemies are FAST!
(And the thing is, I did Ironworks many times with friends when it always gave 100% experience!)

Does anyone else get caught into a battle a lot? Just wondering.

Ya this gets me real mad when I run into oops battles it just wants me to pull my hair out and scream. :x :x

Nathan BattleStrider lvl 30 Myth Wizard :-D :-D

Defender
Apr 28, 2009
michael2648 wrote:
Dorrisa wrote:
just finish krokosphinx
not krokosphinx, tomb of storms! this is destiny again lol i want krokopatra's hat